+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NBPNP: New Brunswick Skilled Workers Express Entry Category: Network Here

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

I am curious to know is it mandatory to stay in New Brunswick if you are selected for NBPNP? If so then how long do you have to stay before you move to another city ?

Cheers !

LupitaDLR

Dec 29, 2015
Skywalker_RT said:
Well, I went to the NB session in Sao Paulo last Saturday. Had the opportunity to meet other forum members and have a beer. Maybe two...no, I think we had a little more. :D

In short, the session consists basically of a basic explanation of how Express Entry and NB EE stream work. Afterwards, another lecturer made a presentation of the province, talked about the advantages of living there, mostly due to their smaller cities, showed some pictures and data from Moncton, Saint John and Fredericton and went to a step-by-step explanation of how to submit an EOI after attending the session.

In the end, there was a short Q&A, with them promptly answering most questions for all the audience. After the session, the lecturers even talked to individuals in small groups to clarify a few minor doubts.

I was impressed by the informal way the session was conducted, even with some clever jokes. They were very friendly and helpful. Seemed almost like salespeople. Well, that's actually what they were doing there!

The session lasted a little longer than one hour and half and we just got some brochures and a pen. There was no certificate, as they have a record of everybody who attended and you just have to mention the session and date on your EOI.

Thanks Skywalker! Is very helpful to share your experience!! :D

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chimetex2002 said:
Please I sent an email to receive a confirmation for attendance of the new brunswick information session but they are yet to reply me. please does anyone know how long it takes to be replied?
I have received the confirmation e-mail only 3 days before the session. Ask them if the date and time are already confirmed if you want to buy tickets or arrange accommodations.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a_mabrouk10 said:
Thanks Skywalker. Did they mention about how long the nomination process takes? And if there is any priority list of occupations? Thanks
They said it's usually 2 months to get your EOI accepted and another 2 months to process your application. But it may vary depending on your occupation. It's much faster if it's IT-related.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lildip said:
Hi Guys

I am curious to know is it mandatory to stay in New Brunswick if you are selected for NBPNP? If so then how long do you have to stay before you move to another city ?

Cheers !
They said it's the province's job to retain their immigrants. The lecturer even joked that if you got an offer to be Microsoft's new CEO in Canada, they couldn't do anything. But, obviously, they are very careful to select only those who have no connection to other provinces. Even if you have only applied to another PNP, it will complicate your chances.

VinsVega

Feb 9, 2016
Skywalker_RT - Thank you for information.
Is here anybody who made photos at the presentation or made a record and can share it? I think a lot of people would be grateful for this.
Many thanks from me in advance.

adrscuds

Jun 22, 2014
Curitiba - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS - 19/10/15
Doc's Request.
28/11/2016
Nomination.....
02/12/2016
IELTS Request
S 7.5 | L 8 | R 8.5 | W 6.5
VinsVega said:
Skywalker_RT - Thank you for information.
Is here anybody who made photos at the presentation or made a record and can share it? I think a lot of people would be grateful for this.
Many thanks from me in advance.
Answering for Skywalker here, as I did attend the session as well. I don't think photos would help you in anything, as he basically showed a few pictures of the 3 cities, also showed some info related to housing costs and some other basic, general information. New Brunswick's wikipedia page most likely covers even more than what was said on the session itself. As Skywalker described before, it was a somewhat informal session.

The presenter (guy in white with the mic on the photo) even encourages us to look for more information ourselves (he even makes a few jokes after asking some questions related to the province, saying that the ones who sit in front get extra points, as well as the ones who answer the most questions. All of them jokes of course to lighten up the mood).

One important thing to mention. The session is held 100% in english!

Don't expect to discover every single thing about the province from this session. It's just an introduction to it, but it sure helps on providing a little guidance. The most important thing about it is having your name on their list, and actually attending it! Otherwise, they won't accept your EOI, even if u are the best candidate in the world.

Eureka

Apr 25, 2016
Survivor Expert said:
Hey butterfly,

Hey i live in moncton ,I don't speak french and its really hard to find jobs in new brunswick. If.If you looking for programmers and 1-2 months computer technician job then its a perfect place for ya.But otherwise most of the computer jobs are in Toronto and Ottawa or if you know french ,Quebec is a perfect place.I didnt get some good jobs here bcoz i dont know french buddy.If you applying from overseas i will recommend you to go to Ontario or British columbia.Thats my best two choices if you looking for computer job in Canada

Thanks
HI,Survivor Expert, have you found a suitable job yet in NB?
I'm a software engineering, and I don't speak French. I am planning to submit an application to NBPNP, but hesitated after I saw your post and did my own search on job hunting websites, it seems that job opportunities in IT are limited in NB, only 20-30 job opportunities in NB when I searched.
Ontario or British columbia would be my two first choices too, but if I immigrate through NBPNP, then I have to stay in NB for a while, right?
I want to know how long should I live in NB after landing, if I cannot find a suitable job in my filed in NB.
Does anyone here have the same concern?

hope1nca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adrscuds said:
Answering for Skywalker here, as I did attend the session as well. I don't think photos would help you in anything, as he basically showed a few pictures of the 3 cities, also showed some info related to housing costs and some other basic, general information. New Brunswick's wikipedia page most likely covers even more than what was said on the session itself. As Skywalker described before, it was a somewhat informal session.

The presenter (guy in white with the mic on the photo) even encourages us to look for more information ourselves (he even makes a few jokes after asking some questions related to the province, saying that the ones who sit in front get extra points, as well as the ones who answer the most questions. All of them jokes of course to lighten up the mood).

One important thing to mention. The session is held 100% in english!

Don't expect to discover every single thing about the province from this session. It's just an introduction to it, but it sure helps on providing a little guidance. The most important thing about it is having your name on their list, and actually attending it! Otherwise, they won't accept your EOI, even if u are the best candidate in the world.
Thank you for sharing information. It's really helpful. Did you send the EOI after the session?

Ttga

Apr 22, 2016
Pls, I want to know if anyone traveling to another country to attend the forum has been officially invited and how close to the date did you get your confirmation.

Then pls I want to known also if any banker has been invited, what NOC did the person use. Thanking you.

webbman90

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Lagos
NOC Code......
Ttga said:
Pls, I want to know if anyone traveling to another country to attend the forum has been officially invited and how close to the date did you get your confirmation.

Then pls I want to known also if any banker has been invited, what NOC did the person use. Thanking you.
Am travelling form Nigeria - New York. Got my confirmation from NBPNP Team a week later.