NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
nthom said:
I live in the US and signed up for the January 20 New York session on November 30. I then received an email requesting that my resume be sent so they can share it with the employers attending the session. In the email there was even a note that says 'See you in New York'. I sent the resume right away. A week later I got another email that is a reminder to send my resume and it states that if I already sent it then thanks but if not I should send it and add NYC in the subject so they know which session I have signed up for I think this just went out to everyone that signed up not to me directly). The concern is that they have yet to send me details of the event. I sent an email last week to promotions@gnb.ca asking about the details of the event and they haven't responded. Now today is almost the end of the year, shouldn't they already send the event details in case I have to make travel plans? I live only a two hour drive from New York City so I am not going to take a plane anyway, but is this normal? When you sign up for a session do they take a long time to send you details? Now I am wondering if they sent it to me, got into my junk and then was automatically deleted. Any insights from someone who has been to a session before will be appreciated. Thanks!
1 - Yes, they r busy and do not always respond immediately.
2 - Looks like u have been invited to the session and the resume is not to decide whether u should go or not - It is just so that they can give it to the employers who will be joining them.
3 - Unlike most of the seminars in 2016, these seminars have employers coming with them and it will be more like an interview by the company.
4 - Dont make the travel plans yet, last year they cancelled Boston session and just held session in NY - cause less people were coming. With the restrictions this time in attending session - chances are that few people will be coming in. On second thought though - since u r going to NY, it wouldnt matter cause thats the main location (other location may be cancelled).
5 - Last time, they gave out time and exact location a week before the scheduled date. So you can expect the same - mostly it will be after 5pm.
6 - This was the email on 5th May for 12th May session in NY last year

Hello:

The information session regarding the Express Entry Labour Market Stream on May 12 is confirmed for 19:00 at the address below. Please bring a print out of your registration confirmation and a valid ID.

The location is:
NYC Seminar & Conference Center

71 West 23rd Street
Suite 515
New York, NY 10010

Looking forward to seeing you in NYC!

NBPNP Team

nthom

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok thanks! I think a week before is such last minute but perhaps thats when they can know for sure that the event is happening.

ritchie_v

May 3, 2016
United States of A
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Yes, depending on the response they get - they can book a hall/meeting room/stadium...

Pididi

Oct 5, 2016
I too registered for Jan 20th Newyork session and waiting for their confirmation email about event details. Please keep this forum running and request you guys to post if you receive any update from them.

ritchie_v

May 3, 2016
United States of A
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
fhdahd said:
complete 4 months today after receiving of AOR on 29-Aug-2016; hope so will get any news before my EE expire in May 2017.
May 2017, u might have PR in hand!

Lets hope that u get nominated in Jan but I believe it will be latest by Feb that everyone will be nominated.

fhdahd

Nov 16, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
Nomination.....
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
8-08-2017
ritchie_v said:
May 2017, u might have PR in hand!

Lets hope that u get nominated in Jan but I believe it will be latest by Feb that everyone will be nominated.
I hope so it happen like you said, as the process is really very slow

fhdahd

Nov 16, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
Nomination.....
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
8-08-2017
Gladossy said:
Fingers crossed for you. Hopefully before the end of January you should get some good news from NB. Even NB cannot be that slow to not nominate you before May 2017.
Thank you Gladossy, I hope so not to get any ADR, it will prolong the waiting game

Elfd

Dec 31, 2016
Dear friends
As my parents are Canadian citizen Im asking them to stay in New brunswick for one year , now Im confused which stream is the best for me and what is the different between skilled worker with family support and NB labour market stream under the express entry ?
which one I have to apply ?
pleaeaeaeazzze help ???

ritchie_v

May 3, 2016
United States of A
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
I would say, call NB!

Tell them Ritchie asked u to call and they will tell u what is advisable!

ritchie_v

May 3, 2016
United States of A
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Elfd said:
Dear friends
As my parents are Canadian citizen Im asking them to stay in New brunswick for one year , now Im confused which stream is the best for me and what is the different between skilled worker with family support and NB labour market stream under the express entry ?
which one I have to apply ?
pleaeaeaeazzze help ???
U can apply anyone - I believe express entry is quicker - but there u have to wait for ITA before u send application. Meaning u send EOI and wait for ITA... Since u have family there - it may be easier but advisable is that u contact them and ask directly which one will be easier for them.

Elfd

Dec 31, 2016
Actually I`ve sent an email one week ago but I didn't get any response . I have another question as well If anyone has any idea it is really appreciated to share it with me.
Right now I have two choices : one is ask my parents to stay in Manitoba and the other is staying in New brunswick both for one year . which one do you think I have more chances ? (my parents are waiting for me to make my final decision)
Master degree , CLB 8, 35 years old , 4years of work experience . :'(
thanks to anyone how helps me .

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Elfd said:
Actually I`ve sent an email one week ago but I didn't get any response . I have another question as well If anyone has any idea it is really appreciated to share it with me.
Right now I have two choices : one is ask my parents to stay in Manitoba and the other is staying in New brunswick both for one year . which one do you think I have more chances ? (my parents are waiting for me to make my final decision)
If I were you, I would prefer MANITOBA

ritchie_v

May 3, 2016
United States of A
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Elfd said:
Whats ur crs score?

Do one thing first, create an ee profile!

I guess u get 200 points for Manitoba ITA - and all u need is around 350 crs points, not difficult at all.

So create an ee profile right now! If u get more than 350 points, go for Manitoba

ritchie_v

May 3, 2016
United States of A
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Many people here dont know much about it but Manitoba has a different point system...

I believe u will be easily getting ITA from Manitoba if u submit ur application there... Like CIC, there r draws in Manitoba...

Eligibility and point calculator (u will be creating a profile in Manitoba exactly like express entry)
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/MPNPRankingPoints.pdf

And here is the link for Manitoba draw... Last 2 draws they focused on people staying in Manitoba but the average lowest score invited is around 540s.

With 200 points for parents being there - u will be around 570... Check it out