+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nbi ID number changed

glowingglory

May 24, 2018
Hello, nagrenew po ako recently ng nbi clearance pero bigla po nabago un nbi number ko. Un 2nd set of alphanumeric characters po after the hyphen. My naka experience na po ba nito? Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
This is an international forum, so post in English.

Also, a new number on a renewed police clearance is not an issue. You are taking "renewal" too literally. You don't keep the same passport number when you renew a passport, do you?

glowingglory

May 24, 2018
Thanks for your reply. I am asking specifically for NBI clearance, not police clearance. I renewed my NBI clearance multiple times and my ID number has not changed until now. Thus, I was surprised and had to ask if someone else had the same situation.

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks for your reply. I am asking specifically for NBI clearance, not police clearance. I renewed my NBI clearance multiple times and my ID number has not changed until now. Thus, I was surprised and had to ask if someone else had the same situation.
For the purposes of IRCC, they’re referring to the same thing. Again, you’re taking things way too literally. No need to overthink this.

Last edited: