+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NBI Clearance

M

Melan

Hello there! I notice this one in the Document checklist for applying work permit. In my NBI clearance it's written there (NO RECORDS ON FILE). Do I need written explanation from the NBI regarding the remark?
You comments and Opinions are welcome and highly appreciated.

An NBI certificate (Original Copy) issued within the last 3 months and marked with dry seal and your
thumbprint (Personal Copy not acceptable). If any of the following remarks appear on the NBI certificate
– NO CRIMINAL RECORD, NO PENDING CASE or RECORD AS STATED:
o A written explanation from the NBI regarding this remark:

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Melan said:
Hello there! I notice this one in the Document checklist for applying work permit. In my NBI clearance it's written there (NO RECORDS ON FILE). Do I need written explanation from the NBI regarding the remark?
You comments and Opinions are welcome and highly appreciated.

An NBI certificate (Original Copy) issued within the last 3 months and marked with dry seal and your
thumbprint (Personal Copy not acceptable). If any of the following remarks appear on the NBI certificate
– NO CRIMINAL RECORD, NO PENDING CASE or RECORD AS STATED:
o A written explanation from the NBI regarding this remark:
I think "No Records on File" is when you first apply for an NBI clearance. "No Criminal Record" if a case has been filed against you but it was cleared, so CIC asks for explanation from NBI. So you're okay.

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will apply for my PR on October or November this year. What is the validity of the NBI clearance required by CIC when applying for PR? I have a personal copy of my previous NBI clearance, do i have to be fingerprinted again when renewing it? Or I could just send the personal copy back to the Phils and authorize someone to renew it for me? Thanks is advance!

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
loida86 said:
I will apply for my PR on October or November this year. What is the validity of the NBI clearance required by CIC when applying for PR? I have a personal copy of my previous NBI clearance, do i have to be fingerprinted again when renewing it? Or I could just send the personal copy back to the Phils and authorize someone to renew it for me? Thanks is advance!
As stated in the checklist, the NBI certificate should be issued within the last 3 months.

Yes, you can authorize someone to renew it for you. That's what I did.

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BZ Mom said:
As stated in the checklist, the NBI certificate should be issued within the last 3 months.

Yes, you can authorize someone to renew it for you. That's what I did.
Thanks BZ Mom! Aside from authorization letter and the personal copy of my previous NBI clearnce, what other requirements do I need to send to have someone renew it for me? Thanks again!

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
loida86 said:
Thanks BZ Mom! Aside from authorization letter and the personal copy of my previous NBI clearnce, what other requirements do I need to send to have someone renew it for me? Thanks again!
I got this from the NBI website:

I HAVE BEEN WORKING/LIVING ABROAD AND WOULD LIKE TO RENEW MY NBI CLEARANCE. HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT THAT WITHOUT LEAVING ABROAD?
Just send the original Personal Copy of your old NBI clearance certificate issued not earlier than 1998 if you still have it. Otherwise, follow instructions on item #8.

Prior to sending your old NBI clearance, you must attach latest copy of your 2”x2” photograph with white background (taken within three (3) months prior to your application) and photocopy of your passport with date stamped proving your presence abroad. Update any information that needs to be updated on your old clearance certificate, else write Same Data if there are no changes. Renewal only allows changes in address and purpose of clearance. If there would be changes in your NAME, DATE OF BIRTH and PLACE OF BIRTH, you are advised to fill-up a new application form (refer to instruction on item #8) and attach a photocopy of your Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate as proof on changes applied.

Enclose Money Order in the sum of Php 200.00 Philippine currency or bank draft which is negotiable in the Philippines payable to the Director, National Bureau of Investigation, Taft Avenue, Ermita 1000 Manila, Philippines. The following accredited banks are:

1. Philippine National Bank (PNB)

2. Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank Co. (HSBC)

3. ANZ – A New Zealand Bank

4. METROBANK

5. Bank of Philippine Islands (BPI)

Upon completion of this requirement, send your documents to:

Ms. Julie Macalit

IRD - Mailed Clearance Section

National Bureau of Investigation

Taft Ave., Ermita 1000 Manila

Philippines

We will mail to you the corresponding clearance certificate after we have processed your application papers. Processing of application normally takes a maximum of three (3) days excluding days of transit.

You may also send your documents to your relative/representative here in the Philippines together with your authorization letter authorizing him/her to transact business on your behalf. Your relative may visit the office of the Electronic Data Processing Division (EDPD) at NBI Taft Avenue, Manila for further assistance.

Upon receipt of your clearance certificate, please examine it for the presence of the embossed NBI DRY SEAL at its lower left portion, the clearance is invalid without it. Also, you must affix your clear and properly taken THUMBPRINT on the space provided for it on the clearance certificate with the assistance of any local police in your area before submitting it to your end-user.

***NBI Kiosks do not accept renewal of clearance handed by your representative.

***Alien or Filipinos w/ dual citizenship should send photocopy of passport.

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks BZ MOM! Since I am going to renew my NBI clearance thru a representative, could she pay it in cash for me or thru a bank draft? I'm kinda confused on how do i go about paying it.. thanks!

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
I think it's better (and safer) to pay with money order or cashier's check (tell your representative to go to a bank and purchase a cashier's check).

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loida86 said:
[/quo

For those who have already submitted their application for PR, kindly enlighten me please.. since i am renewing my NBI Clearance thru a representative, I understand that I do not need to be fingerprinted again according to NBI requirements.. itanong ko lang, yun bang bagong i-issue na NBI Clearance ay may fingerprint mark na makikita, like yung parang barcoded ba yun? or, kung wala nmn, dito na lang ba magfingerprint? Required ba ng CIC na may fingerprint mark ang bagong NBI clearance.. help me pls.. bigla akong nalito sa procedure ng pagrenew..
Thanks!!!

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
For those who have already submitted their application for PR, kindly enlighten me please.. since i am renewing my NBI Clearance thru a representative, I understand that I do not need to be fingerprinted again according to NBI requirements.. itanong ko lang, yun bang bagong i-issue na NBI Clearance ay may fingerprint mark na makikita, like yung parang barcoded ba yun? or, kung wala nmn, dito na lang ba magfingerprint? Required ba ng CIC na may fingerprint mark ang bagong NBI clearance.. help me pls.. bigla akong nalito sa procedure ng pagrenew..
Thanks!!!
[/quote]

Hi,

In my case, dito ko na lang pinirmahan at nilagyan ng fingerprint (using a stamp pad).

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
hello bzmom and loida,

ako nagparenew ako ng nbi clearance thru my sister, nagbayad cya ng cash and pinadalan ko ng old nbi, authorization letter, picture, passport and work permit photocopies, ayun narenew nya and this july 26 babalik ate ko para makuha ang bago kong nbi, tapos imamail ng lang sa kin via rush delivery. thank you and god bless!

tapos pag kukuha kyo ng police certificate sa local police station ninyo mga a or two months before nyo ipass ang application nyo! bayad lang ng 30 dollars