+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

SovereignGod

May 19, 2019
You’re welcome. Let me know if you have any questions :)
From the point of application, how long does it typically take? I'm not exactly sure what questions to ask at this point, so any information you have will help. I assume you may not know what determines if one is asked to do an assessment instead of NCLEX. Thanks

j0pd008

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
hi
@RNeducator
,my NNAS file status is ready for final review since 29 may2019 .i applied for RPN and RN in ontario.i ll give rpn first.do u know much time it will take.Also next exam window is in june.as i didnt get my nnas report yet,if i get nnas report this week,do u think i ll be able to get cno report and exam eligibility for june?
3rd question is : i left my job in nov 2017 so ll i be eligible to give RN exam in dec 2019.
4 th question if my safe practice expire after getting cno report ,may i get eligibility to sit for exam, if i take any short like 6 month course?
waiting for ur reply

Surveen23

May 21, 2019
hi everyone! so today I got my assessment result from CARNA. they gave me two options:
1. take the ARNAP
2. do the full bridging program

the thing is, I'm not confident to take the ARNAP since I have a 2 years gap clinical experience. so I phoned CARNA regarding bridging program and they said that there are 100-120 IEN applicants ahead of me waiting to be accepted in MRU (Mount Royal University)because the government won't give much money to support the study since the Alberta economy is down right now. so CARNA says, if ever I will do the bridging I have to wait like 1-2 years just to be accepted in the university and by that time I have to take English language exam again because my CELBAN will expire on 2018. and I have to complete my bridging program before 2021 or else I have to take ARNAP and Bridging together. which is more expensive and time wasting.
I really want to take the bridging program. my other problem is, I don't drive in the main highway. we are 1 and 1/2 hour away from the university.

any suggestions please? I'm losing my hope :'(
thank you in advance

Surveen23

May 21, 2019
Hi

I am giving ARNAP for the first time. I just need to know what if somebody fails ARNAP , what do the CARNA gives? A four year degree programme or 2year BSN programme.
I am feeling very nervous about the test.

Thanks. Plz do reply me if anybody appeared in this test before.

Abigail08

May 2, 2019
Hello everyone,

This is a Nurse Educator here from Alberta. I am willing to help in here with all your queries what you have. As being in the same background, as an International I am volunteering to help IENS with their application process and queries.

I’m not might be able to reply back at the same time, because of my busy teaching scheduling. But i will try my best to login frequently here and help all of you :)

I would be very happy to assist here someone and see you becoming a Nurse in Canada :)

Thanks
Hello! I have applied already to board of nursing to Alberta and us referred for ARNAP but I haven’t scheduled yet. I’m contemplating if I’ll pursue with it or apply with Ontario instead, hoping that they’ll value my US nursing experience. I’m currently on student visa in Ontario. My family is in Alberta, that’s the reason I applied in Alberta. Please share your thoughts about my situation. I’ll appreciate it a lot.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello! I have applied already to board of nursing to Alberta and us referred for ARNAP but I haven’t scheduled yet. I’m contemplating if I’ll pursue with it or apply with Ontario instead, hoping that they’ll value my US nursing experience. I’m currently on student visa in Ontario. My family is in Alberta, that’s the reason I applied in Alberta. Please share your thoughts about my situation. I’ll appreciate it a lot.
They don't care where you have nursing experience, they only care where you were educated.

j0pd008

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
hi
@RN_0001
,my NNAS file status is ready for final review since 29 may2019 .i applied for RPN and RN in ontario.i ll give rpn first.do u know much time it will take.Also next exam window is in june.as i didnt get my nnas report yet,if i get nnas report this week,do u think i ll be able to get cno report and exam eligibility for june?
3rd question is : i left my job in nov 2017 so ll i be eligible to give RN exam in dec 2019.
4 th question if my safe practice expire after getting cno report ,may i get eligibility to sit for exam, if i take any short like 6 month course after getting cno report?
waiting for ur reply

Desbuddy6919

May 27, 2019
Hello. I graduated from my Bachelor of Nursing sciences (RN) in Switzerland and I am now living in Ontario since 4 years. I haven't worked for 5 years and I am currently going through the NNAS process. I started the application in January 2018 and by December 2018 they received all the informations. My application is now "ready for review" since then. I tried calling a few times to figure out why it takes so much time and the answer is that they suddently have more applications.
I find the whole process extremely slow and frustrating.
Is anybody else in that situation or could share about the length of the process for them? Thank you.
This is in response to the Swiss educated nurse. The info you provided has slashed my hope of getting a report from NNAS soon. My assessment has been on stage of ‘ready to review’ since 29th February, 2019 and calls to the assessment body have not sped up the process. I was informed it can up to 20 weeks for a report from when application became ready to review. It is very frustrating and anger-provoking that it will take 5 months just to write a report.

Lets keep sharing our experiences and updating this forum as it is soothing and reassuring.

Cee35

Oct 24, 2015
Hi everybody. Just want to know what's the process for registered nurses. I haven't started anything yet. Has anybody here used express entry?

Emmy_Clark

Jun 4, 2019
Hey, everyone! I’m new to forum, but have been following and reading posts for several months. I am a US educated nurse with both a BSN and MSN, working as a RN/FNP for the past 22 years. I’ve applied to NNAS, with my file marked “Ready for Review” on May 24, 2019. I will be applying for licensure in British Columbia. I’m currently living in Tennessee, but moving to Washington this month, getting as close to B.C. as I can, so I can continue to work while awaiting my assessment report. I know I’m in for a long wait, but hoping for the best. This forum has been invaluable with helping to know the ins and outs of the process. I’ll keep updating as the process continues, and keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly.

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
It depends on the college and courses they gave including clinicals
So she got her response from the CNO regarding which classes she is required to take to fulfill the practice hours requirement. Basically she will have to do a bridge program. We are going to McMaster University this coming Friday as that is the only one we have found online. We also found one from Mohawk college but I didn't have too much info on it. Does anyone have options for bridging programs near the Oakville/Burlington/Hamilton area? Can some classes be accomplished online except the actual clinical class?