+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Hey, everyone! I’m new to forum, but have been following and reading posts for several months. I am a US educated nurse with both a BSN and MSN, working as a RN/FNP for the past 22 years. I’ve applied to NNAS, with my file marked “Ready for Review” on May 24, 2019. I will be applying for licensure in British Columbia. I’m currently living in Tennessee, but moving to Washington this month, getting as close to B.C. as I can, so I can continue to work while awaiting my assessment report. I know I’m in for a long wait, but hoping for the best. This forum has been invaluable with helping to know the ins and outs of the process. I’ll keep updating as the process continues, and keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly.
Great to hear that you are ready to review based on the NNAS. For my fiance her ready for review lasted for close to 6 months. She called twice regarding what does ready for review mean and the second time she was told that they send the file to a further outside person to review a final time. Just make sure that you are not missing anything on your file. This is the most important as she was told that sometimes they email the application stating that sometime is wrong/missing and if they don't get an answer then they make the final review with what's at hand. She was told that this is why a lot of people get not comparable or some what comparable.

Reactions: Emmy_Clark

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Is this based on personal experience? I'd appreciate a detailed reply if possible. Thank you.
Yes. My American education was non-comparable. Now they finally accept American education but unfortunately NNAS is designed to pretty much deem most non-comparable. Was your degree a 4 year degree? With a maternal child health placement?

Reactions: Trishabenn

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Great to hear that you are ready to review based on the NNAS. For my fiance her ready for review lasted for close to 6 months. She called twice regarding what does ready for review mean and the second time she was told that they send the file to a further outside person to review a final time. Just make sure that you are not missing anything on your file. This is the most important as she was told that sometimes they email the application stating that sometime is wrong/missing and if they don't get an answer then they make the final review with what's at hand. She was told that this is why a lot of people get not comparable or some what comparable.
They say that to place the blame on the applicant, so they can pretend their assessment is a valid one.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
So she got her response from the CNO regarding which classes she is required to take to fulfill the practice hours requirement. Basically she will have to do a bridge program. We are going to McMaster University this coming Friday as that is the only one we have found online. We also found one from Mohawk college but I didn't have too much info on it. Does anyone have options for bridging programs near the Oakville/Burlington/Hamilton area? Can some classes be accomplished online except the actual clinical class?
York has one as well. Wait lists are years long. Just be prepared that she may not be able to get in right away. Some have found that it is faster to just take the BScN all over again. Just consider all of your options.

Trishabenn

May 29, 2019
Yes. My American education was non-comparable. Now they finally accept American education but unfortunately NNAS is designed to pretty much deem most non-comparable. Was your degree a 4 year degree? With a maternal child health placement?
OH okay, I see. Yes I did a four year degree in Nursing. I'm a registered General Nurse here in Ghana. We did alot of placements insluding maternal child health. The clinical placements we did were based on the courses we did in class. For instance if we were doing mental health theory in class. We went for clinical placements at a psychiatric hospital. And when we did pediatric nursing, we did clinical placement in a Peadics unit.

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
So she got her response from the CNO regarding which classes she is required to take to fulfill the practice hours requirement. Basically she will have to do a bridge program. We are going to McMaster University this coming Friday as that is the only one we have found online. We also found one from Mohawk college but I didn't have too much info on it. Does anyone have options for bridging programs near the Oakville/Burlington/Hamilton area? Can some classes be accomplished online except the actual clinical class?
Did she gave OSCE? Or without OSCE CNO told to do the bridging course. I also have to do OSCE and given the extreme limited spots I was finally able to get Nov 21 date which is still more than one year from my CNO application registration. (Actually registered for August 27 when it opened up. IENCAP informed my payment went through little late then others so I am being shifted to Nov 21 adding another 3 months wait)

I am asking this, just to see if i can skip OSCE and not waste any time and start bridging course. What is the length of the bridging course if any? Do they still ask to complete OSCE after bridging course?

Following are some of the competency gaps that CNO mentioned on my application. I hope you can relate your case with mine.
Professional Responsibility & Accountability
Knowledge-Based Practice –Specialized Body of Knowledge
Knowledge-Based Practice –Competent Application of Knowledge
Ethical Practice

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
York has one as well. Wait lists are years long. Just be prepared that she may not be able to get in right away. Some have found that it is faster to just take the BScN all over again. Just consider all of your options.
The York option is a joke. It only is there a wait list, you first have to apply for their bridging program which at completion does not mean you have fulfilled the CNO gap requirements. At completion of the York program you then have to apply to their affiliate university to then get a BScN degree. Might as well go straight to BScN as you mentioned. Georgetown college also follows the same path. The options are drying out quickly.

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Did she gave OSCE? Or without OSCE CNO told to do the bridging course. I also have to do OSCE and given the extreme limited spots I was finally able to get Nov 21 date which is still more than one year from my CNO application registration. (Actually registered for August 27 when it opened up. IENCAP informed my payment went through little late then others so I am being shifted to Nov 21 adding another 3 months wait)

I am asking this, just to see if i can skip OSCE and not waste any time and start bridging course. What is the length of the bridging course if any? Do they still ask to complete OSCE after bridging course?

Following are some of the competency gaps that CNO mentioned on my application. I hope you can relate your case with mine.
Professional Responsibility & Accountability
Knowledge-Based Practice –Specialized Body of Knowledge
Knowledge-Based Practice –Competent Application of Knowledge
Ethical Practice
I think the reason she didn't have to take the OSCE is because her practice hours expired past the 3 year limit so she was directed to take bridge programs.for you I would assume that you are within the 3 year limit this they point you to the OSCE. From what I read, if you pass the OSCE then you don't have to take a bridging program. So do everything possible to pass the OSCE.
Regarding the bridging programs, please read my above post.

RNeducator

May 19, 2019
Hello,

I apologize for the delay response. For the 1-3 questions what you have asked, based upon your graduation year and years of experience in Nursing and NNAS report, cno will decide if they can allow you to write RPN or RN examination soon or do you need to write any other examinations or go through courses. So, it depends upon CNO.

Regarding, 4th question, there is no relation between eligibility to write exam and safe practice. Safe practice is one of the requirement to get Registered with the College. So, you can either do practice hours after license exam or either before. But they will request you to do couple of hours from your initial Rn license country to renew safe practice if its expired.

I hope thi

QUOTE="j0pd008, post: 7857704, member: 774148"]hi
@RNeducator
,my NNAS file status is ready for final review since 29 may2019 .i applied for RPN and RN in ontario.i ll give rpn first.do u know much time it will take.Also next exam window is in june.as i didnt get my nnas report yet,if i get nnas report this week,do u think i ll be able to get cno report and exam eligibility for june?
3rd question is : i left my job in nov 2017 so ll i be eligible to give RN exam in dec 2019.
4 th question if my safe practice expire after getting cno report ,may i get eligibility to sit for exam, if i take any short like 6 month course?
waiting for ur reply[/QUOTE]

Reactions: j0pd008

RNeducator

May 19, 2019
Hi

I am giving ARNAP for the first time. I just need to know what if somebody fails ARNAP , what do the CARNA gives? A four year degree programme or 2year BSN programme.
I am feeling very nervous about the test.

Thanks. Plz do reply me if anybody appeared in this test before.

Based upon the ARNAP results, they will give you courses to do from Mount Royal university, Calgary which Would be anywhere between 3 months to 1.5 year.

beccsallen

Jun 11, 2019
England
Hello,
I am having trouble filling in the 'Examination' section on the initial nnas application
I am a nurse in the UK and haven't really had one specific exam,
what has everyone been putting in this section?

beccsallen

Jun 11, 2019
England
Hai mates.....
I am filling NNAS online application.i have a doubt regarding part C (EXAMINATION)...Part C is all about details of registration/licencing examination.As i am from india,there is no examination for licencing /registration ....so what should i do...can i leave part C (EXAMINATION SECTION) ...? OR is there anything to fill in...?

i am waiting for your valuable reply :)
Hi I am having the same problem. I was wondering what you did?