+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

kay2chris

Jan 30, 2018
Hello, does anyone knows how long it takes for NNAS to evaluate all documents and then send the Advisory Report. My current status at NNAS says Ready For Evaluation

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello, does anyone knows how long it takes for NNAS to evaluate all documents and then send the Advisory Report. My current status at NNAS says Ready For Evaluation
It could take a long time from there. Average 5-8 months. For some it has been 12 months.

immigration1234

Jun 24, 2017
To

Touch stone actually emailed me not CNO directly
ok.. actually when did you apply to CNO initially? and
Well thats good. I am happy you are getting through.

They had request my job descriptions and stuff from way in last year. I provided same to them.

I called and wrote with no luck until maybe a month ago they gave me a update via mail.

The update stated my education was under review, but when i called they said it has not started yet, that its still waiting to be reviewed.

and our reports are very similar. i got 50 non comparable.

How much experience do you have?.

You know whats funny, I applied before you and your further along than i am crazy process.

I hope you get a speedy response as to where you stand
hi.. actually when did u apply to CNO?
also how much expereince do you have.. am just comparing my profile status.
I am thinking of applying to CARNA.. will that be of any use? any suggestion

thedigitalcurator

Sep 15, 2017
Med's Request
None Received
Med's Done....
Not Required
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
21/01/2018

It's been 3 weeks and i still have not heard back from CNO after I sent and paid for my application. :( Is anyone on the same boat?

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017

well initially they received my documents February 2017 and i did my jurisdiction exam around march. i have 5 years ICU experience and also did NCLEX September 2016 and passed.

I would say apply to more than one provinces as some processes are faster.

thedigitalcurator

Sep 15, 2017
Med's Request
None Received
Med's Done....
Not Required
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
21/01/2018
How long does it take for CNO to even acknowledge your application? My application was sent via their online form a month ago and still nothing, it's frustrating and I feel like I'm waiting for nothing.

thedigitalcurator

Sep 15, 2017
Med's Request
None Received
Med's Done....
Not Required
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
21/01/2018
Hey guys when sending job descriptions to CNO please ensure you ask for a detailed job description as detailed as possible
This is confusing, do we send everything to them AGAIN?

I just got an email from them the other day saying that they're reviewing my education and credentials, this surprised me because didn't we already have the NNAS do that for us, so basically we paid $ 600+, waited for 8 -12 months only to have the CNO do it again?

Reactions: RN_0001

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017

I just got an email from them the other day saying that they're reviewing my education and credentials, this surprised me because didn't we already have the NNAS do that for us, so basically we paid $ 600+, waited for 8 -12 months only to have the CNO do it again?
They may ask again and use it as apart of your educational review.

Listen its all a money thing as far as i see

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016

Yep, you've got it! You pay an American company to have American non-nurses assess your nursing education against Canadian nursing education. Their report finds you comparable, somewhat comparable, or non-comparable. In the beginning, CNO took their assessment at face value. But so many of us complained. It was ridiculous to find US nursing educations only 11% or 9% comparable in some cases! CNO now realizes that they can't take NNAS advisory report at face value. It's a flawed assessment. But instead of admitting that (because it's all about money and making the process so long that they deter people), they do their own review after. So they are admitting, without formally admitting, that NNAS is a fraud and does not accurately assess an applicant's nursing education.

Reactions: Legentellison

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015

You have to send JDs which you did not submit as NNAS requires JDs of last 5 years but CNO wants it since you graduated & from your first job.