+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Winter Rose

Mar 14, 2017
I applied to NNAS for RN in Ontario. But everybody is asking me to add RPN also bcz it's easy to get.
I cannot make a decision. Because I worked in cardiology specialized area cathlab..and while searching in google it's showing that all need RN registration to work in specialized areas. Is that correct? Can
Anybody give me an advice?Is
Working as RPN better after struggling with cpnre ,also studying RN bridging course?
Or attempt to pass OSCE direct and if not go for bridging courses?

Last edited:

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I applied to NNAS for RN in Ontario. But everybody is asking me to add RPN also bcz it's easy to get.
I cannot make a decision. Because I worked in cardiology specialized area cathlab..and while searching in google it's showing that all need RN registration to work in specialized areas. Is that correct? Can
Anybody give me an advice?Is
Working as RPN better after struggling with cpnre ,also studying RN bridging course?
Or attempt to pass OSCE direct and if not go for bridging courses?
You have asked too many questions in one breath.I will answer just one

Ideally, you should apply for RPN as a back up.May be you wont pass OSCE then you have to go fro bridging course that will take 2 - 4 years. If you have RPN then you can continue earning while struggling for RN

sirene.88

Nov 2, 2017
anyone here who went thru NNAS process without nursing experience for the last 5 years?

i graduated last 2009, had hospital experience until 2011. i will be arriving in Manitoba Canada this August 5. my priority is to adjust well so most probably will be trying NNAS nxt year 2017.

is it still worth to go thru NNAS next year despite my nursing experience? or any suggestion?

thank you very much
Hi there! How’s your application going thru nnas? Are you done with it?

sirene.88

Nov 2, 2017
So I called NNAS and asked about the hospital experience, they said it is ok if you do not have any hospital experience for they will assess your education from back home to be compared to the canadian education, the regulatory body you chosen will be the one to decide what are your next step after assessment from nnas. I was so relieved about this. If you have any questions i suggest that you call nnas and asked them, they will be happy to assist you with your application.
To God be the Glory! Goodluck to all aspiring nurses who want to become nurse in Canada.

Reactions: Realme and RN_0001

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
So I called NNAS and asked about the hospital experience, they said it is ok if you do not have any hospital experience for they will assess your education from back home to be compared to the canadian education, the regulatory body you chosen will be the one to decide what are your next step after assessment from nnas. I was so relieved about this. If you have any questions i suggest that you call nnas and asked them, they will be happy to assist you with your application.
To God be the Glory! Goodluck to all aspiring nurses who want to become nurse in Canada.
This is correct. However I would recommend gaining some nursing experience in the meantime, over the 6 months to one year that it takes for NNAS to submit an Advisory Report for you. Because depending on where you were educated, it is very likely that you will be deemed "non-comparable". Then the regulatory body will look at your experience to determine if your experience is enough to deem your education "comparable". If you have no experience and you are "non-comparable", you will definitely have to do an expensive and stressful OSCE exam and potentially even more schooling. It's worth it to have some experience under your belt before applying to the licensing body. It could save you a tonne of time, money and stress.

Reactions: canada11

sirene.88

Nov 2, 2017
This is correct. However I would recommend gaining some nursing experience in the meantime, over the 6 months to one year that it takes for NNAS to submit an Advisory Report for you. Because depending on where you were educated, it is very likely that you will be deemed "non-comparable". Then the regulatory body will look at your experience to determine if your experience is enough to deem your education "comparable". If you have no experience and you are "non-comparable", you will definitely have to do an expensive and stressful OSCE exam and potentially even more schooling. It's worth it to have some experience under your belt before applying to the licensing body. It could save you a tonne of time, money and stress.
Yes. That is completely true about nursing experience. However if you don’t have any experience or it was past 5yrs ago then I would suggest that you want to add another nursing group on your application, like in my case I applied both RN and RPN so I know what to do next after I receive my AR. It all depends on you guys, I’m just sharing my insight. If you have any questions or getting confused with all this it is better to contact nnas for the right answer. ☺ Goodluck to all of us! To God be the Glory!

Last edited:

I love JESUS

Mar 23, 2018
Hi everyone
I am a newbie, I am a Nigerian and a registered nurse in my country, I applied in 2016 and due to some errors made by my school the application was delayed till now.Questions
1) Has any Nigerian got a comparable advisory report from Nnas?
2) After the result what next?
Thanks

sirene.88

Nov 2, 2017
Hi everyone
I am a newbie, I am a Nigerian and a registered nurse in my country, I applied in 2016 and due to some errors made by my school the application was delayed till now.Questions
1) Has any Nigerian got a comparable advisory report from Nnas?
2) After the result what next?
Thanks
Hi there! Did you followup to nnas about your papers? Because as far as I know your papers will only be valid for 12months on their file,so you have to pass all the required documents before 12mos. Otherwise you have to renew your application again with the required fee. Regarding with your question about getting a comparable result it all depends on your nursing education and experience as nurse. They will compare your nursing education back home to Canadian education, if you have nursing experience that is one big plus for your application, but I’m not saying here that you would likely get a comparable result. I’m just sharing what I knew and understand. After you receive your AR, you can now apply to the RB of your choice and they will tell you what to do. Hope this helps! To God be the Glory! Goodluck!

I love JESUS

Mar 23, 2018
Thank you I truly appreciate your response
I just paid the reactivation fee, it was more than a hurdle for me because it was not my fault but that of the school so I'm waiting for the advisory report I have 11 years experience from when I finished my nursing education in 2007, and 7 years with my present employer.
Can you please explain what AR and RB means? Because I applied for LPN and in Newfoundland and Labrado province they waived the ielts requirement.
I also sent in my midwifery education does it count with the assessment ?

sirene.88

Nov 2, 2017
Thank you I truly appreciate your response
I just paid the reactivation fee, it was more than a hurdle for me because it was not my fault but that of the school so I'm waiting for the advisory report I have 11 years experience from when I finished my nursing education in 2007, and 7 years with my present employer.
Can you please explain what AR and RB means? Because I applied for LPN and in Newfoundland and Labrado province they waived the ielts requirement.
I also sent in my midwifery education does it count with the assessment ?
Hi there! Good for you if you have nursing experience that’s a big factor. AR means Advisory Report, that’s the one you receive from nnas after the assessment, RB means Regulatory Body, (sorry I just used abbreviation) RB is the one who will decide wether you need more education or you will just take exam, it varies from different provinces, I’m not really sure about the provinces you applied for. About your midwifery education, my opinion is you just stick to your RN education when applying for the assessment so they won’t get confused with your documentation. Otherwise you contact nnas directly and speak to them for verification. Goodluck! To God be the Glory! ☺

I love JESUS

Mar 23, 2018
Thanks again, okay I will just have to keep my fingers crossed, how do I apply to the Regulatory body, am I to contact them or they will contact me first I thought nnas will send my AR to RB then they will contact me?o_O, not sure about the process