+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
canada11 said:
Yes ....... NNAS received Employer Verification Documents on 1st Dec 2015 still status showing Waiting For Initial Documentation om 11-Dec-2015... I wonder how lazy they are even after taking a fortune for processing :mad: :'(
They say, it takes 15-20 days after they received the documents before it will be updated in the account. Because i was also wondering why in my account it says that waiting for initial documentation where in fact, mu documents were sent 2 wks ago. So i called the customer service and they told me that they received it however it will take them quite sometime before it will be updated in the dashboard.

Neji

Oct 1, 2015
KMLRN said:
I actually didn't have much time to prepare for CELBAN as I was originally planning to take IELTS. I didn't want to waste more time finding CELBAN materials so I just used my IELTS materials for it since the exam was two weeks away from the day I registered for it.

Listening, you just have to focus. It is very similar to IELTS, I believe tho I have no experience in IELTS except the Cambridge materials that I used. In writing, we were given 20 minutes to write an incident report about the key words given to the examinee. I personally had a hard time writing since we weren't allowed to bring pens inside the testing room so I had to use the pencils (from Dollarama. LOL.) they provided. Also, another part of writing was filling up forms using a video as a reference.

P.S. I took my CELBAN in Toronto. Where do you plan on taking yours?
Hi, KMLRN! Will be taking CELBAN on January in Calgary, AB. How's your score in CELBAN? Hope you met your state board's language requirements.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
nestingus said:
I applied through NNAS in August for CRPNBC and my experience with them so far has been frustrating to say the least. They've rejected my employer forms as they did not have the valid 'stamps and seals'. My nursing school have said they are unable to complete the form accurately and have therefore sent it incomplete. I sent my ID docs 2 weeks ago and still no update on the account (they say 28 days max)

I understand they've probably got a lot of applications to sift through but the communication is dreadful. Why can't they just contact my employer with the number provided to verify the form? It's mindless red tape. Something tells me that this is only the start of the problems...
Hi I also applied in August and am still waiting for my report. I also have the same problem with them concerning the Employer and School document where it is still saying waiting even though they have already got it. It is now December and they say I will here in the next 10-12 weeks. It is unbelievable

nestingus

Nov 19, 2015
canada11 said:
Yes ....... NNAS received Employer Verification Documents on 1st Dec 2015 still status showing Waiting For Initial Documentation om 11-Dec-2015... I wonder how lazy they are even after taking a fortune for processing :mad: :'(
They emailed me back to say it takes up to 28 days to update on the account but they were going to reject the forms anyway. But why no update on my account. Poor service all round in my opinion. I'm not impressed.

BeeLa

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone successfully integrated and registered as a nurse in B.C., Canada a year after NNAS and CNRBC application? I just would like to know how long the process would it usually take. ;-)

hate_nnas

Dec 18, 2015
hello guys i am Post basic bsc nursing from india

Register with nnas 6 month ago, Finally my college send syllabus and other documents to nnas but nnas not updating any information about documents ,when i phone them nnas advisor says we are not accepting those documents cause envelopes were not from college but my college posted all documents in normal envelope with their seal and signature ...

Any thing similar happen to any of u guys if yes please tell me solution please let me know

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
hate_nnas said:
hello guys i am Post basic bsc nursing from india

Register with nnas 6 month ago, Finally my college send syllabus and other documents to nnas but nnas not updating any information about documents ,when i phone them nnas advisor says we are not accepting those documents cause envelopes were not from college but my college posted all documents in normal envelope with their seal and signature ...

Any thing similar happen to any of u guys if yes please tell me solution please let me know
Can you please share your time lines like when you sent the application when the recieved.

So far they have received my employment letter on1st Dec and still waiting for update

kath88

Nov 27, 2015
Sherireden30 said:
hi po, newbie here, tanung lang po, anu po ung name na nilagay nyo sa address ng NNAS, ayaw po kc tanggapin sa fedex sa saudi pag walang specific na name nung padadalan.
Did you just write "NNAS"? I guess any courier will not accept that. Try writing National Nursing Assessment Service and the complete address in USA. ;)

kath88

Nov 27, 2015
KMLRN said:
The decision will be made by the regulatory body, in your case, it's CNO. Based on my experience last year, I think you will be able to take the exams despite not having work experience as long as you are in the three-year scope of safe nursing practice. CNO released my assessment results even if my employment papers are still being processed in the Philippines. Ayun.

Again, this is solely based on my experience.

What was the report you received from NNAS? How's your assessment results from CNO? I think all IEN from our country will get the same report since all nursing curriculum in the Phil are somehow similar.

kath88

Nov 27, 2015
sushicat29 said:
Hi...

I did not go thru NNAS so I won't be able to compare my experience to everyone here, however I might be able to provide some information about the assessment here in BC only (other provinces have a different process). As to my understanding, since an applicant already sent the initial requirements needed by the requlatory body this will basically tell how at par the education and experience is with the Canadian standards. But it doesn't mean that for a NOT COMPARABLE result that you cannot practice here in Canada. The regulatory body might request more information such as trainings or other documentation related to the nursing experience after school. They still decide as to how the applicant can bridge that gap in order to practice here.

For LPNs the result might be a refresher (1year), short courses or direct CPRNE.
For RNs, most of us need to undergo the SEC assessment. This is taking a computer exam (just like a nursing licensure exam), role play (patient and nurse interaction, how to assess, admit, discharge,medication administration, health teaching, etc..which a nurse must legally do based on Canadian standards) and interview with an assessor on which will be based on you critical thinking, judgement and intervention. Afterwards, CRNBC will decide if a) you can take the exam, b) take a few courses or few courses + preceptorship, c) refresher from KPU (1year) or TRU (7 months to 1 year, depending on how fast you are since it is an online course) and d) do the whole BSN program.

Sushicat29

Thank you for that very informative post. I myself is from Philippines who is about to start my assessment with NASS. What's holding me back is about my work experience in the Phil. I am thinking it would be of great help with the kind of report I can have from NNAS. But based on other IENs posts, NNAS doesn't give much credit to it, their assessment is more of education and registration. I think even nurses from Phil with 5years exp. could get a "not comparable" report from NNAS. After all, we can still submit employment letters/training cert/etc. to the regulatory body if required.

Roshni5565

Dec 21, 2015
emmeccsweta said:
Hi there

I there I am a new to this forum. I am registered nurse from NEPAL (4 yrs bachelor degree) having an experience of 3 yr as nursing instructor. I have already applied to NNAS for both RN and RPN and have got report saying "somewhat comparable" on 15th of August.

Does anyone know how long can CNO might take to make decision? What might CNO say to someone with a report saying "somewhat comparable? Is CNO still taking OSCE ???

Any insights are welcome. Thank you all in advance.

Hi Sweta,

I am from Nepal too. Even i got the advisory report from CNO saying "somewhat comparable". what is your progress till now?
they have asked me to take Jurisdiction exam.

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
kath88 said:
Did they call your school? or the hospital you worked for?
Hi there

They wont call our school or place work thats why they are very strict with the post( ie it should be sealed, signed n posted by the organisation itself)

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
kath88 said:
Thank you for that very informative post. I myself is from Philippines who is about to start my assessment with NASS. What's holding me back is about my work experience in the Phil. I am thinking it would be of great help with the kind of report I can have from NNAS. But based on other IENs posts, NNAS doesn't give much credit to it, their assessment is more of education and registration. I think even nurses from Phil with 5years exp. could get a "not comparable" report from NNAS. After all, we can still submit employment letters/training cert/etc. to the regulatory body if required.
Hi there

I dont know much about your background but I just want to say you that if you are planning to apply NNAS dont take a lot of stress just follow all the steps as mentioned and about the result,it varies from person to person. On top of that, Nursing regulatory body is the one who makes the final decision so, have faith on yourself and apply.

Nirvan

Jul 8, 2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
Roshni5565 said:
Hi there

I there I am a new to this forum. I am registered nurse from NEPAL (4 yrs bachelor degree) having an experience of 3 yr as nursing instructor. I have already applied to NNAS for both RN and RPN and have got report saying "somewhat comparable" on 15th of August.

Does anyone know how long can CNO might take to make decision? What might CNO say to someone with a report saying "somewhat comparable? Is CNO still taking OSCE Huh

Any insights are welcome. Thank you all in advance.

Hi Sweta,

I am from Nepal too. Even i got the advisory report from CNO saying "somewhat comparable". what is your progress till now?
they have asked me to take Jurisdiction exam.
Hi, can you tell me how to start the process of NNAS from Nepal. I am new, and have no idea how to start it. If you could help me that would be great.
And one more thing. How did you make the payment. Since they only accept credit card payment.