+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
KDR686613 said:
Hai friends,am new to this forum.............I want to know whether NNAS will issue an advisory report without IELTS results.I heard there are many options to weive IELTS there n is it practicable,or is it a mandatory for the report. thanks in advance
Hi there

Yes you can definitely waive IELTS during the application in NNAS for this you just have write an application to NNAS. It is good way to buy time to practice english.

KDR686613

Mar 12, 2015
emmeccsweta said:
Hi there

Yes you can definitely waive IELTS during the application in NNAS for this you just have write an application to NNAS. It is good way to buy time to practice english.
Thanks for the reply.Could u make it more clear,

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
emmeccsweta said:
Hi there

Hi there

You can submit the score from IELTS later to CNO as, it is CNO who requires it. Even in my case my application is with CNO but i havent submitted my english score. When I asked with costumer service representative of CNO regarding the deadline for its submission they told me not to hurry for that.

My point is it is for sure that we need to submit it one day to CNO but if you dont have it rightnow and if you need some more time to practice than take your time.

KDR686613

Mar 12, 2015
emmeccsweta said:
Hi there

You can submit the score from IELTS later to CNO as, it is CNO who requires it. Even in my case my application is with CNO but i havent submitted my english score. When I asked with costumer service representative of CNO regarding the deadline for its submission they told me not to hurry for that.

My point is it is for sure that we need to submit it one day to CNO but if you dont have it rightnow and if you need some more time to practice than take your time.
Thanks alot for the clarification.But again i have a question,during the previous situation,i mean during the time of CRNE,for getting eligibility for the exam,ielts was not mandatory.But once u cleared the exam ,they may request for ielts to complete the requirement for getting licence.In my opinion,the situation has bacome tough .

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
KDR686613 said:
Thanks alot for the clarification.But again i have a question,during the previous situation,i mean during the time of CRNE,for getting eligibility for the exam,ielts was not mandatory.But once u cleared the exam ,they may request for ielts to complete the requirement for getting licence.In my opinion,the situation has bacome tough .
Hi there

Yes they are pretty strict with the english requirement now. I think the decision regarding whether or not you will require this is totally with CNO. But whatever the situation is we have no control over it except preparing ourself. Anyways all the best for your process.

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Is there anybody in this forum with the advisory report saying somewhat comparable ??? If yes, can you guys share how is application process going on with CNO??

Kind regards
Sweta

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
UK employer sent NNAS form with no letterhead, official envelope or return address and don't want to send any additional information to verify authenticity of the information that was provided, stating that they are busy and don't have time.

I have tried pleading with them but no change, what can I do? Any valuable suggestions please.

Thanks

sushicat29

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Complete docs sent with application
AOR Received.
05-10-2011
IELTS Request
Included on Application
File Transfer...
28-10-2011
Med's Request
15-12-2011 (Received at Residence on 30-12-2011)
Med's Done....
17-1-2012,Sent by Nationwide: 6-2-2012 & 17-2-2012, Meds Received on E-cas: 25-2-2012
Interview........
None!!
Passport Req..
25-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2012
LANDED..........
December 2012 (I'll be able to make a snow angel!)
gepy said:
Hi Sushicat. I'm also from the Philippines. I already got my advisory report from NNAS and it said "not comparable". I am planning on submitting an application for RN at CRNBC too. Can you please share your experience with the whole process? I am kinda afraid with pushing through with the application because of the whole "not comparable" thing. What advisory report did you get? If you don't mind me asking. Is it easier to get registered as a LPN? I passed the NLE last 2012 and I don't have any work experience as a nurse since I moved to Canada last April 2013. Thank you for any help you can give me. :)
Hi...

I did not go thru NNAS so I won't be able to compare my experience to everyone here, however I might be able to provide some information about the assessment here in BC only (other provinces have a different process). As to my understanding, since an applicant already sent the initial requirements needed by the requlatory body this will basically tell how at par the education and experience is with the Canadian standards. But it doesn't mean that for a NOT COMPARABLE result that you cannot practice here in Canada. The regulatory body might request more information such as trainings or other documentation related to the nursing experience after school. They still decide as to how the applicant can bridge that gap in order to practice here.

For LPNs the result might be a refresher (1year), short courses or direct CPRNE.
For RNs, most of us need to undergo the SEC assessment. This is taking a computer exam (just like a nursing licensure exam), role play (patient and nurse interaction, how to assess, admit, discharge,medication administration, health teaching, etc..which a nurse must legally do based on Canadian standards) and interview with an assessor on which will be based on you critical thinking, judgement and intervention. Afterwards, CRNBC will decide if a) you can take the exam, b) take a few courses or few courses + preceptorship, c) refresher from KPU (1year) or TRU (7 months to 1 year, depending on how fast you are since it is an online course) and d) do the whole BSN program.

Sushicat29

sushicat29

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Complete docs sent with application
AOR Received.
05-10-2011
IELTS Request
Included on Application
File Transfer...
28-10-2011
Med's Request
15-12-2011 (Received at Residence on 30-12-2011)
Med's Done....
17-1-2012,Sent by Nationwide: 6-2-2012 & 17-2-2012, Meds Received on E-cas: 25-2-2012
Interview........
None!!
Passport Req..
25-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2012
LANDED..........
December 2012 (I'll be able to make a snow angel!)
iblessed said:
UK employer sent NNAS form with no letterhead, official envelope or return address and don't want to send any additional information to verify authenticity of the information that was provided, stating that they are busy and don't have time.

I have tried pleading with them but no change, what can I do? Any valuable suggestions please.

Thanks
Inform NNAS about this situation. Do you have any other documentation in your possession (contracts, employment certificate, etc.) that can validate that you indeed worked there. Tell NNAS what additional documentations you have. They will still decide as to how to go from there. If NNAS refused to honor any of your documents then you might have to let go of that experience during your assessment which will definitely impact their decision. It is difficult to request from an uncooperative employer continents away. Do not wait for them.

Sushicat29

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
iblessed said:

Thanks
What are the other requirements for the employer aside from the forms?

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
sushicat29 said:
Inform NNAS about this situation. Do you have any other documentation in your possession (contracts, employment certificate, etc.) that can validate that you indeed worked there. Tell NNAS what additional documentations you have. They will still decide as to how to go from there. If NNAS refused to honor any of your documents then you might have to let go of that experience during your assessment which will definitely impact their decision. It is difficult to request from an uncooperative employer continents away. Do not wait for them.

Sushicat29

Thank you Sushicat29, I will Contact NNAS.

Kittyceline

Dec 2, 2015
Hi everyone ! :)

I just started applying to NNAS. I am from Singapore, graduated in 2014 with a Diploma in Nursing (3 years). Right now I'm living in Edmonton, Alberta. I want to apply for both RN and PN nursing group but it seems that I can only choose one in the beginning of the application. I chose RN. I have read through the forum that we can apply for both but I don't know how? Can anyone pls tell me, thank you!

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Kittyceline said:
Hi everyone ! :)

I just started applying to NNAS. I am from Singapore, graduated in 2014 with a Diploma in Nursing (3 years). Right now I'm living in Edmonton, Alberta. I want to apply for both RN and PN nursing group but it seems that I can only choose one in the beginning of the application. I chose RN. I have read through the forum that we can apply for both but I don't know how? Can anyone pls tell me, thank you!
Hi there

Yes you can apply for both RPN & RN. For this, once you log in to your account you will see the category you have applied for. In the same page you will see another option saying add another category , click that option than you can add RPN.

Thank you