No
Passport Req..
9th Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Nov 2015
LANDED..........
March-2016
Does anyone know about the following:
1. Is it better to apply for NNA assessment from outside canada or after landing in Canada?
2. Is the cost of applications from outside Canada and within Canada Same???

If anyone can help then would really appreciate it.
I have got Permanent Residence visa and plan to land in March 2016.

Any helpful info is welcomed.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
raphael22 said:
Does anyone know about the following:
1. Is it better to apply for NNA assessment from outside canada or after landing in Canada?
2. Is the cost of applications from outside Canada and within Canada Same???

If anyone can help then would really appreciate it.
I have got Permanent Residence visa and plan to land in March 2016.

Any helpful info is welcomed.
Hi there, it does not matter where you are the cost is the same for everyone and it is charged in US dollars.

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hi there

I there I am a new to this forum. I am registered nurse from NEPAL (4 yrs bachelor degree) having an experience of 3 yr as nursing instructor. I have already applied to NNAS for both RN and RPN and have got report saying "somewhat comparable" on 15th of August.

Does anyone know how long can CNO might take to make decision? What might CNO say to someone with a report saying "somewhat comparable? Is CNO still taking OSCE ???

Any insights are welcome. Thank you all in advance.

Ainy

Nov 11, 2015
Hi...
I don't have answer to your question but would like to seek some help in terms of understanding advisory report...i received my advisory report from NNAS last week and still confused...how u concluded that the report concluded somewhat comparable? I can see long list of components some are comparable, others somewhat or not comparable.
I will appreciate if u can help me find the conclusion..
Other thing is ETP %, what percentage did u got?

raphael22

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
2nd Line update: 7th Oct 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Documents
File Transfer...
21-10-2014
Med's Request
9th Oct 2015
Med's Done....
17th Oct 2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
9th Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Nov 2015
LANDED..........
March-2016
iblessed said:
Hi there, it does not matter where you are the cost is the same for everyone and it is charged in US dollars.
Thank You for your Reply.

Do you have any thoughts on whether I should start the Process while i am in My Home country Or should do it there in Canada?

Another thing, my Batchmate who had gone to Canada on Student Visa, Did not get eligibility to write NCLEX before Student Visa.

But after he completed some course there in Canada He got Eligibility Straight away to write NCLEX.

So I ask this to all following this forum:

Is it better to get Admission in some bridging Program Straightaway and not waste time for Assessment by NNA?

I know that in most Bridging programs they require NNA report as part of Admission requirements, but some are offering bridging courses to Internationally Educated nurses, directly.

So I look forward to valuable inputs from all members.

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hi...
I don't have answer to your question but would like to seek some help in terms of understanding advisory report...i received my advisory report from NNAS last week and still confused...how u concluded that the report concluded somewhat comparable? I can see long list of components some are comparable, others somewhat or not comparable.
I will appreciate if u can help me find the conclusion..
Other thing is ETP %, what percentage did u got?]

Hi Ainy

IN the last page of your report you will see a table saying " ETP CURRICULAR PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS" just below that table you will see SUMMARY STATEMENT and as per my understanding that is a conclusion of our report. Can I know which country are you from and where in canada are you applying? please do post your reply ....

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
raphael22 said:

Do you have any thoughts on whether I should start the Process while i am in My Home country Or should do it there in Canada?

Another thing, my Batchmate who had gone to Canada on Student Visa, Did not get eligibility to write NCLEX before Student Visa.

But after he completed some course there in Canada He got Eligibility Straight away to write NCLEX.

Is it better to get Admission in some bridging Program Straightaway and not waste time for Assessment by NNA?

I know that in most Bridging programs they require NNA report as part of Admission requirements, but some are offering bridging courses to Internationally Educated nurses, directly.

raphael22 said:

Hi Raphel

Most of the university here in Ontario, will ask you to submit a letter from College of Nurses of Ontario even to start bridging program. May be you already know that to get a letter from CNO you need to go through NNAS. The time frame for NNAS and CNO is not fixed they might take more than a yr or 2 to come up with some result. In this case, if you have a friend who has skipped all of this process than it will be better to ask your friend and follow the same process as he did.

janelleangeline

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2013
AOR Received.
December 2, 2013
File Transfer...
December 12, 2013
Med's Done....
October 11, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 25, 2014 ; Sent June 29, 2014; Decision Made- Aug. 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 7, 2014 Received Visa: August 16,2014
LANDED..........
September 14, 2014
hi guys, am newbie here., just wanna ask..., if ever i passed RPN exam, would i be able to go on bridging program for RN without CNO credential assessment? or should i apply another assessment to become an RN?
Cause I already applied for RPN at NNAS and im just waiting for the come up result.

raphael22

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
2nd Line update: 7th Oct 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Documents
File Transfer...
21-10-2014
Med's Request
9th Oct 2015
Med's Done....
17th Oct 2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
9th Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Nov 2015
LANDED..........
March-2016
emmeccsweta said:
Hi Raphel

Most of the university here in Ontario, will ask you to submit a letter from College of Nurses of Ontario even to start bridging program. May be you already know that to get a letter from CNO you need to go through NNAS. The time frame for NNAS and CNO is not fixed they might take more than a yr or 2 to come up with some result. In this case, if you have a friend who has skipped all of this process than it will be better to ask your friend and follow the same process as he did.
Thank you For your Reply,

Regarding My Friend, he had done his processing before the New Rules came into effect from August 2014. So maybe he was lucky and got thru just in Time.

I Will be Applying to NNA, I just had A Query and needed some views regarding that .

Thank you.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
janelleangeline said:
hi guys, am newbie here., just wanna ask..., if ever i passed RPN exam, would i be able to go on bridging program for RN without CNO credential assessment? or should i apply another assessment to become an RN?
Cause I already applied for RPN at NNAS and im just waiting for the come up result.
You need CNO assessment letter to apply for Bridging program.If you are registered then no need for bridging course. Bridging program are for the ones who have gaps in their practice of 3 or more years.

Google "IEN bridge course canada" and you will get the idea

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Alice100 said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the posts. I have ready all of them. I am looking for information and my situation is kind of different. My sister graduated as an Enrolled Nurse 21 years ago. She has extensive experience working in a hospital in Uganda. Unlike you guys we would like to go through the NNAS assessement in order to apply for RPN program at Algonquin for Internationally Trained Nurses. I have posted here because I was not able to find the NNAS topic discussed in the study permit application forum.

The Algonquin website stated they no longer accept application directly from the potential students and that the assessment is done by NNAS and forwarded to CNO. I tested the NNAS application and have a few questions for you:
- How will NNAS tell that we are interested in taking the full course load as I am sure she cannot qualify for writing the RPN exam
- If she took an English course in Ontario, would the English proficiency requirement be waived. She will be taking the pre-requisite course sin Canada prior to applying into the program.
- My sister will be joining me in Canada early next year on a visitor's visa, should we start the application now or wait until she arrives in Canada.
- Just like some members, she might not have a detailed course outline of the course that she took.

One final question, somebody let me know if I am wrong, but I am assuming that the assessment by NNAS leads to the CNO determining whether she can take the full course load, Level 01 to 04 or getting some exceptions. In my opinion, this route though costly will be cheaper for us in the long run as the tradition RPN course at Algonquin are very competitive and I would prefer that she resides with me during her study duration.

Any insights are welcome. Thank you all in advance.

Alice
What I understand is that you want to go for IEN nurse stream.For that CNO letter of assessment is must. In order to get that CNO assessment letter you need to have NNAS verification which may they give you as RN or RPN. You can begin this registration process from any where around the world.

I suggest you is to take BSN fast track (2 years) University of Western Ontario,York University, UoT etc. You dont need CNO/NNAS crap to get admission in them. They have their own admission requirements & you can get it from their website. You must need WES for that

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
janelleangeline said:
You need CNO assessment letter for bridging course. Apply for BSN Fast track 2 years where you dont need CNO/NNAS crappy requirement

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
janelleangeline said:
Hi Janelle

Are you a RN in your country?

Since your application is still under evaluation, in this case you can just add a category and add RN there in your NNAS application. If you will do it now than you just need to pay 225 dollar extra but the good thing about this is your nursing credentials for both RN and RPN will be evaluated from the same document which will save your time and money.

janelleangeline

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2013
AOR Received.
December 2, 2013
File Transfer...
December 12, 2013
Med's Done....
October 11, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
September 14, 2014
canada11 said:
You need CNO assessment letter for bridging course. Apply for BSN Fast track 2 years where you dont need CNO/NNAS crappy requirement

Thank you so much for your reply. I dont any clinical experiences way back home, i graduted 2010 and passes the licensure exam on the same year. So i jumped into conclusion that weather i apply for NNAS under RN i wont be qualified as one or may have the result "Not Comparable", that's why i applied for RPN instead, thinking that this would be my stepping stone going to Be RN someday or somehow. My questions are:

* Even if I dont have any clinical experiences way back home, am I qualified for the BSN Fast Track 2 years?
* And how could I get CNO assessment letter for bridging program in the future that i want to continue my nursing career, if i only registered myself as RPN??

Thank you and have a nice day..

janelleangeline

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2013
AOR Received.
December 2, 2013
File Transfer...
December 12, 2013
Med's Done....
October 11, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
September 14, 2014
emmeccsweta said:
Hi Janelle

Are you a RN in your country?

Since your application is still under evaluation, in this case you can just add a category and add RN there in your NNAS application. If you will do it now than you just need to pay 225 dollar extra but the good thing about this is your nursing credentials for both RN and RPN will be evaluated from the same document which will save your time and money.

Yup I am a Registered Nurse in Philippines and no clinical experiences thats why i just applied for RPN on my assessment thinking that is so hard for me to be qualified as RN since i dont have any clinical experiences way back home. Is there any other way around that i could just start on RPN and someday somehow continue my Nursing Career as RN in the future without NNAS/CNO thing..