+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Dabas B

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Deep Singh said:
Hi dear,

I also got the same NON COMPARABLE report from NNAS.
I have also applied to my regulatory body(CNO) in september 2015.
Which regulatory body did u applied to ??
I haven't got any feedback from my regulatory body yet.

Waiting :( :(

Hi deep ...you hold a degree in Nursing??

KMLRN

Jan 28, 2015
kreystiyanpoll said:
Hi there, can you please brief me like how the exam goes. Like how many tasks per section. If you don't mind. Pretty please.
It would be best for you to check their website. If I am not mistaken, there is a self assessment part there where you can practice for the exam.

Nrsing3152

May 21, 2014
]
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
could anyone please tell me that how much time they would take for the whole process of NCLEX-RN
as I have applied for CNO in September 2015

annabel04

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Good day!I was wondering if anyone could advice me about my situation.i'm an IEN but without experience and it has been 5 years since I graduated.As far as I know i will fall under the LPN Bridging Course for that.Do I still have to apply for NNAS or directly take the challenge Exam?Norquest told me to take the challenge exam but I'm still confuse..

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
annabel04 said:
Good day!I was wondering if anyone could advice me about my situation.i'm an IEN but without experience and it has been 5 years since I graduated.As far as I know i will fall under the LPN Bridging Course for that.Do I still have to apply for NNAS or directly take the challenge Exam?Norquest told me to take the challenge exam but I'm still confuse..
Be careful, you need to read the NNAS HAND BOOK first regarding the application process and follow carefully the instructions that are given. And before you can write a nursing exam in Canada as an IEN you will have to apply to NNAS first, get their report then apply to a nursing board who will then determine is you qualify to challenge the exam. Hope this help and I am sure my other thread members will agree.

sushicat29

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Complete docs sent with application
AOR Received.
05-10-2011
IELTS Request
Included on Application
File Transfer...
28-10-2011
Med's Request
15-12-2011 (Received at Residence on 30-12-2011)
Med's Done....
17-1-2012,Sent by Nationwide: 6-2-2012 & 17-2-2012, Meds Received on E-cas: 25-2-2012
Interview........
None!!
Passport Req..
25-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2012
LANDED..........
December 2012 (I'll be able to make a snow angel!)
annabel04 said:
In Canada, most of the regulatory college in nursing require an applicant to provide safe practice experience within the last 5 years this includes our practicum during our nursing school days. However, if you cannot provide it they will definitely require you to do the refresher course, therefore you cannot challenge the exam.

robins.scaria

Oct 5, 2015
hi experts!!!
I'm new to this thread,but just wanted you all to assess my situation before I jump to d payment section of nnas form
iam an IEN with 5 yrs of experience in acute care setting(1 year in india and 4 years in Saudi arabia)
have a bachelors,cleared my ielts,and have a nomination from Ontario(which translated to an invitation).
Iam not practicing since april 2014.will dat be an issue?
I would also like to know about those who got a NON COMPARABLE report from nnas,what where your circumstances when u applied?
This would be of great help to us newbies,who are just going to start the nnas process.

thanks
alphonsa

poiuyt

Oct 4, 2015
robins.scaria said:
hi experts!!!
I'm new to this thread,but just wanted you all to assess my situation before I jump to d payment section of nnas form
iam an IEN with 5 yrs of experience in acute care setting(1 year in india and 4 years in Saudi arabia)
have a bachelors,cleared my ielts,and have a nomination from Ontario(which translated to an invitation).
Iam not practicing since april 2014.will dat be an issue?
I would also like to know about those who got a NON COMPARABLE report from nnas,what where your circumstances when u applied?
This would be of great help to us newbies,who are just going to start the nnas process.

thanks
alphonsa
we have almost the same situation alphonsa
IEN with experience from 2009 to 2012, then a brief stint for 3 months in 2013, currently working as a medical encoder
i am waiting for my report, if not comparable i am thinking it just means i need to take refresher course? but I applied as a LPN in BC

miss_khaeye

Nov 5, 2015
Hi.

I would just like to ask if there is a possibility that my assessment for LPN here in Ontario will be comparable. I finished my studies in the Philippines year 2014 and also passed the board exam the same year. I dont have any paid worked experience. Im currently here in Toronto studying. I waived off my english requirement because Im currently studying. Hope you could give me some positive feedbacks please. Thank you. :) ;) :D ;D

KMLRN

Jan 28, 2015
miss_khaeye said:
Hi.

I would just like to ask if there is a possibility that my assessment for LPN here in Ontario will be comparable. I finished my studies in the Philippines year 2014 and also passed the board exam the same year. I dont have any paid worked experience. Im currently here in Toronto studying. I waived off my english requirement because Im currently studying. Hope you could give me some positive feedbacks please. Thank you. :) ;) :D ;D
The decision will be made by the regulatory body, in your case, it's CNO. Based on my experience last year, I think you will be able to take the exams despite not having work experience as long as you are in the three-year scope of safe nursing practice. CNO released my assessment results even if my employment papers are still being processed in the Philippines. Ayun.

Again, this is solely based on my experience.

DiDi24

Nov 6, 2015
Hi there,
I'm new to the forum, I have been a registered nurse in Scotland, UK for 13 years almost 12 of those have been working in my local Emergency Department. I am moving to Ontario in April next year and started the process with NNAS in April this year. 12 weeks ago the NNAS contacted me to inform me that they had received my nursing transcripts from my university, but had not received a course description/class syllabus which they require to evaluate my education against the Canadian equivalent. After 12 weeks of stress trying to get my university to provide these documents they today contacted me to inform me that because I completed my training 13 years ago and because I undertook a DipHE in nursing and the course is now a Bsc they cannot provide a course description/syllabus. I contacted the NNAS today to inform them of this and they said without the course description/syllabus they would be unable to evaluate my education and that they would forward my documents to the CNO for further assessment. I am so stressed about this whole situation and the fact that it is completely outwith my control. Has anyone else had similar problems obtaining course descriptions/ syllabuses? or had their documents forwarded to the regulatory body with information missing. I honestly don't know what the outcome will be, and I'm worried that they wont even recognise me as a nurse, any help or advise would be great.

DiDi24

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
DiDi24 said:
Hi there,
I'm new to the forum, I have been a registered nurse in Scotland, UK for 13 years almost 12 of those have been working in my local Emergency Department. I am moving to Ontario in April next year and started the process with NNAS in April this year. 12 weeks ago the NNAS contacted me to inform me that they had received my nursing transcripts from my university, but had not received a course description/class syllabus which they require to evaluate my education against the Canadian equivalent. After 12 weeks of stress trying to get my university to provide these documents they today contacted me to inform me that because I completed my training 13 years ago and because I undertook a DipHE in nursing and the course is now a Bsc they cannot provide a course description/syllabus. I contacted the NNAS today to inform them of this and they said without the course description/syllabus they would be unable to evaluate my education and that they would forward my documents to the CNO for further assessment. I am so stressed about this whole situation and the fact that it is completely outwith my control. Has anyone else had similar problems obtaining course descriptions/ syllabuses? or had their documents forwarded to the regulatory body with information missing. I honestly don't know what the outcome will be, and I'm worried that they wont even recognise me as a nurse, any help or advise would be great.

DiDi24
Hi maybe you could apply for RPN with CNO see what they say after your assessment, but it is easier to be a RPN Nurse in Ontario with CNO. All the best to you.

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
Sept 2009 and March 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
March 28 but sent on May 26, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the posts. I have ready all of them. I am looking for information and my situation is kind of different. My sister graduated as an Enrolled Nurse 21 years ago. She has extensive experience working in a hospital in Uganda. Unlike you guys we would like to go through the NNAS assessement in order to apply for RPN program at Algonquin for Internationally Trained Nurses. I have posted here because I was not able to find the NNAS topic discussed in the study permit application forum.

The Algonquin website stated they no longer accept application directly from the potential students and that the assessment is done by NNAS and forwarded to CNO. I tested the NNAS application and have a few questions for you:
- How will NNAS tell that we are interested in taking the full course load as I am sure she cannot qualify for writing the RPN exam
- If she took an English course in Ontario, would the English proficiency requirement be waived. She will be taking the pre-requisite course sin Canada prior to applying into the program.
- My sister will be joining me in Canada early next year on a visitor's visa, should we start the application now or wait until she arrives in Canada.
- Just like some members, she might not have a detailed course outline of the course that she took.

One final question, somebody let me know if I am wrong, but I am assuming that the assessment by NNAS leads to the CNO determining whether she can take the full course load, Level 01 to 04 or getting some exceptions. In my opinion, this route though costly will be cheaper for us in the long run as the tradition RPN course at Algonquin are very competitive and I would prefer that she resides with me during her study duration.

Any insights are welcome. Thank you all in advance.

Alice

DiDi24

Nov 6, 2015
Hi IBlessed,

Thanks for your advice, I've already applied for assessment as an RPN for Ontario as well as an RN in the hope that if I can't register as an RN then they might allow registration as an RPN. I have to say though I really hate the thought of not being able to register as an RN, I'm a senior nurse here with a full scope of practice and years of experience in the Emergency Department and I really want to work in the ER in Ontario but I don't know if they employ RPN's in the ER.

DiDi24

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Hi DiDi24

I understand your feeling about not wanting to be a RPN when you have been an RN for many years. I too am from the UK in England where I qualified as a RN 8 years ago and worked as a Theatre Practitioner, but when I applied to CNO it took them 2 years to determine that my UK qualification was not to their Canadian standard. I have passed the jurisprudence exam and I did the OSCE as well, but was told I needed to achieve some competences and that is why I suggest applying for RPN as it will be better than nothing. At the time I did not apply because of financial limitations but I have since apply to NNAS to be assess for RPN. Maybe you could do a course or something or who knows you may just be able to get a job in ER