+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
I found this information on a nursing website and thought it might be helpful to others to provide some clarification.

The following chart details the licensure requirements for LPN jurisdictions across Canada: Jurisdiction Medication Administration (Mandatory) Infusion Therapy Health Assessment (Mandatory)

Alberta Yes Yes Yes
BC Yes Yes (supportive only not initiation) Yes
Manitoba Yes Yes Yes
New Brunswick Yes No Yes
Newfoundland/Labrador Yes Yes Yes
NWT No No No
Nova Scotia Yes Yes Yes
Ontario No No No
PEI Yes No Yes
Quebec No No No
Saskatchewan Yes No Yes
Yukon No No No
Yes = Mandatory Requirement
No= Not a Mandatory Requirement

KMLRN

Jan 28, 2015
kreystiyanpoll said:
Hi everyone, especially to ontario applicants. Can you please enlighten me about this one. About waiving ielts. Can you give me some ideas if how can be done
You will just have to send NNAS a letter for your request to waive/postpone your english requirements so your assessments can push through even without CELBAN/IELTS results yet. Moreover, CNO will not let you register unless you prove them your language proficiency. I wrote a letter to CNO (my RPN process was the old one) to waive my English proficiency requirements since my university's primary language was English. They didn't even reply to my request so I just went ahead and took CELBAN instead.

P.S. I didn't try to send NNAS a waiver letter tho. Just give it a shot. That's what Ontario applicants suggest these days. Good luck!

Neji

Oct 1, 2015
KMLRN said:
You will just have to send NNAS a letter for your request to waive/postpone your english requirements so your assessments can push through even without CELBAN/IELTS results yet. Moreover, CNO will not let you register unless you prove them your language proficiency. I wrote a letter to CNO (my RPN process was the old one) to waive my English proficiency requirements since my university's primary language was English. They didn't even reply to my request so I just went ahead and took CELBAN instead.

P.S. I didn't try to send NNAS a waiver letter tho. Just give it a shot. That's what Ontario applicants suggest these days. Good luck!
Hi, KMLRN! A bit off-topic but how was your CELBAN? I mean, any tips on listening / writing? Couldn't find a good reference for CELBAN prep online.

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
KMLRN said:

What do you mean by cant register?? Cant register to seat for the exam?? Or can't reguster as a nurse after passing the exam?? Thank you for your reply.

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Neji said:
Hi, KMLRN! A bit off-topic but how was your CELBAN? I mean, any tips on listening / writing? Couldn't find a good reference for CELBAN prep online.

Me too i'm looking for celban practive materials.

Dabas B

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
iblessed said:
Hello all, I don't know if anyone can answer this question for me please. When applying to NNAS for RN Assessment can the report be use to apply for LPN in the same Province or is it required to apply for both RN and LPN Assessments.

Thanks for your replies.
Hi

you hold a degree in Nursing or GNM course usually done in India.

KMLRN

Jan 28, 2015
Neji said:
I actually didn't have much time to prepare for CELBAN as I was originally planning to take IELTS. I didn't want to waste more time finding CELBAN materials so I just used my IELTS materials for it since the exam was two weeks away from the day I registered for it.

Listening, you just have to focus. It is very similar to IELTS, I believe tho I have no experience in IELTS except the Cambridge materials that I used. In writing, we were given 20 minutes to write an incident report about the key words given to the examinee. I personally had a hard time writing since we weren't allowed to bring pens inside the testing room so I had to use the pencils (from Dollarama. LOL.) they provided. Also, another part of writing was filling up forms using a video as a reference.

P.S. I took my CELBAN in Toronto. Where do you plan on taking yours?

KMLRN

Jan 28, 2015
kreystiyanpoll said:
What do you mean by cant register?? Cant register to seat for the exam?? Or can't reguster as a nurse after passing the exam?? Thank you for your reply.
Can't register as a nurse after. Sorry for the confusion.

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
KMLRN said:
I actually didn't have much time to prepare for CELBAN as I was originally planning to take IELTS. I didn't want to waste more time finding CELBAN materials so I just used my IELTS materials for it since the exam was two weeks away from the day I registered for it.

Listening, you just have to focus. It is very similar to IELTS, I believe tho I have no experience in IELTS except the Cambridge materials that I used. In writing, we were given 20 minutes to write an incident report about the key words given to the examinee. I personally had a hard time writing since we weren't allowed to bring pens inside the testing room so I had to use the pencils (from Dollarama. LOL.) they provided. Also, another part of writing was filling up forms using a video as a reference.

P.S. I took my CELBAN in Toronto. Where do you plan on taking yours?

Hi there kmlrn, im planning to take celban as well. How was your celban exam? Im from toronto.

KMLRN

Jan 28, 2015
kreystiyanpoll said:
Hi there kmlrn, im planning to take celban as well. How was your celban exam? Im from toronto.
Oh yeah? I'm from Toronto as well. The exam was okay. Just focus on it and think about how expensive it was and how much longer it would delay your registration if you won't pass it on your first attempt. LOL. I was pretty nervous the whole time probably because I've had more doses of caffeine than usual on my examination day. I had my group exams in the morning and the speaking in the afternoon. The speaking part was nerve wracking. I think I have a 'nervous' tag on my forehead the whole time. Good luck!

Deep Singh

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
File Transfer...
08-03-2013
Med's Request
Re-Medical Req.: 10-06-2014
Med's Done....
Re-Medical Done on: 11-06-2014
Interview........
02-06-2014
Passport Req..
21-03-2013, Passport Sent after Re-Med. on:11-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 21July'2014, Passport @door on 26July'14
LANDED..........
Going to Land on 22Sept'14 to celebrate my 2nd Mrg.Anniversary wid my Love
Hi dear,

I also got the same NON COMPARABLE report from NNAS.
I have also applied to my regulatory body(CNO) in september 2015.
Which regulatory body did u applied to ??
I haven't got any feedback from my regulatory body yet.

Waiting :( :(

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Coco1126 said:
Hello! Im a newbie here. I am planning to apply in CNO. But was thinking if they will still assess my credentials without submitting my english proficiency? Since there is a limit time for the application, I will do is to finish my credentials and everything needed expect for the language. Coz as far as I know, you can only use ng language results 6mos before your application. That's means I have to do it last. But still Im not sure if I will pass or not. Also, I took a certificate program in Canada, nursing unit clerk, in a publich school and one of the popular school in Vancouver BC. Is it possible that they will reconsider my studies here in Canada? Please help! I wanted to start it soon.
Hi,

I am also planning to enroll in health related post secondary certificate course in VCC but I have not carried out my credential evaluation. Do they accept my academic qualification in sealed envelop for admission ? or they need separate credential evaluation report ? If you are an internationally trained nurse and have permanent resident status , you can register with skill connect program in BC for appropriate guidance. If you qualify,they will pay the fees needed for registration process. Plz. go through this link for more information.

http://www.mosaicbc.com/employment-programs/working/skills-connect-immigrants-program-%E2%80%93-health

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
KMLRN said:
Oh yeah? I'm from Toronto as well. The exam was okay. Just focus on it and think about how expensive it was and how much longer it would delay your registration if you won't pass it on your first attempt. LOL. I was pretty nervous the whole time probably because I've had more doses of caffeine than usual on my examination day. I had my group exams in the morning and the speaking in the afternoon. The speaking part was nerve wracking. I think I have a 'nervous' tag on my forehead the whole time. Good luck!
Hi there, can you please brief me like how the exam goes. Like how many tasks per section. If you don't mind. Pretty please.