+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
They are making everything so difficult, so much RED TAPE, HOOPS and hurdles to get a License in this Country it is so frustrating. God Almighty help us all with the finances to cope with all these procedures that has to be paid for.

Reactions: Kulkir

YA

Feb 3, 2015
applicante.ph said:
Good day YA! Any updates from you?
Applicante.ph,

I just received my advisory report. My CURRICULAR PERFORMANCE DESCRIPTOR is "COMPARABLE". I will submit my application to the CNO and will let you know how it goes.

Below are the definition of the possible results you might get on your report. I hope that help.
Comparable
Results of the document-based assessment yield evidence to support that the education received by this applicant meets or exceeds the minimal standard of Canadian entry-to practice education for the RN profession.
Somewhat Comparable
Results of the document-based assessment yield evidence to support that the education received by this applicant partially meets the minimal standard of Canadian entry to-practice education for the RN profession.
Not Comparable
Results of the document-based assessment yield evidence to support that the education received by this applicant does not meet the minimal standard of Canadian entry-to practice education for the RN profession.

NURSEJam

Apr 8, 2015
YA said:

Ahhh ....alas.....I expected that.....this is a shout out to anyone who has gotten COMPARABLE....let us know...and the country that your from. Because two of my friends who attended diffternt nursing schools from me in Jamaica....also got NONCOMPARABLE....as if I'm to expect that this will be a typical result from all graduates comimg out of jamaica. It is then the nursing schools should engineer the curriculum for export....

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
YA said:
Applicante.ph,

I just received my advisory report. My CURRICULAR PERFORMANCE DESCRIPTOR is "COMPARABLE". I will submit my application to the CNO and will let you know how it goes.

Below are the definition of the possible results you might get on your report. I hope that help.
Comparable
Results of the document-based assessment yield evidence to support that the education received by this applicant meets or exceeds the minimal standard of Canadian entry-to practice education for the RN profession.
Somewhat Comparable
Results of the document-based assessment yield evidence to support that the education received by this applicant partially meets the minimal standard of Canadian entry to-practice education for the RN profession.
Not Comparable
Results of the document-based assessment yield evidence to support that the education received by this applicant does not meet the minimal standard of Canadian entry-to practice education for the RN profession.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
NURSEJam said:
Ahhh ....alas.....I expected that.....this is a shout out to anyone who has gotten COMPARABLE....let us know...and the country that your from. Because two of my friends who attended diffternt nursing schools from me in Jamaica....also got NONCOMPARABLE....as if I'm to expect that this will be a typical result from all graduates comimg out of jamaica. It is then the nursing schools should engineer the curriculum for export....

Hello NURSEJam, I join you in asking others to please share their report and thank you.

TEF

Mar 10, 2015
YA said:
Applicante.ph,

Comparable
Somewhat Comparable
Not Comparable

Thanks Ya, for sharing your report and congratulations. Its good to know of someone whose nursing education has been found "comparable" with Canadian nursing education. It at least gives some hope to applicants coming from the USA with similar circumstances like yours. Let us know how it goes with your application for registration with the CNO.

TEF

Mar 10, 2015
Hello, I have heard from a couple of people that its much easier, faster, and less complicated to apply and be granted registration in Ontario than in provinces like British Columbia and Alberta. Does anyone have an idea why this is the case if its true and can you explain to us? Thanks. TEF.

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
YA said:
Applicante.ph,

Comparable
Somewhat Comparable
Not Comparable
Congrats YA!! And thanks for the info... yes, pls update us with your timeline with CNO specifically when to expect decision for exam/osce/studies/jursiprudence exam
Good luck!

drills

May 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Done....
19-12-2013
Interview........
soon
Passport Req..
17-03-2013
hello everyone i am rn from india with one year work experience and recently got my report from nnas saying not comparable for rn and somewhat comparable for pn. i am not really happy with the results. some people say its easier to become rn in ontario is that true?

NURSEJam

Apr 8, 2015
drills said:
hello everyone i am rn from india with one year work experience and recently got my report from nnas saying not comparable for rn and somewhat comparable for pn. i am not really happy with the results. some people say its easier to become rn in ontario is that true?

I dont know about Ontario and if its faster to get through....the aim when selecting a province for licensure is to ensure once u have the license there is a great possibility to procure a job. So getting through faster is one thing...but will you find a job after is another.
Secondly I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get a favourable report....I welcome others as well to give an update of your report and the country you reveived your education from.
Its showing to see that you got SOMEWHAT COMPARABLE as a LPN!!!!! Being a RN from your country....when the rubric of grading is insepcted....most of the areas being assesed is PUBLIC ADVOCACY, JURISPRUDENCE, ETHICS, etc.....which seems to be moreso about canadian laws....

Canadian health laws is not taught as courses where im from....so it amazes me....
Let us know how things go for you when u apply to the board of your choosing

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
drills said:
Are you a BSc Nurse (four year program) from India?