+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
iblessed said:
Hi DaleJ. I am a RN in the UK and I had applied to CNO in 2012 but my application is still open because they said that there was some Competences that I need and I am not prepared to go back to Nursing School here just for that. That took 2 1/2 years for them to come to that decision last year. Now that there is this new system I will apply to NNAS sometime later this year.
Good luck with your assessment iBlessed

still waters

Nov 22, 2014
Hi!

I am an NCLEX passer. Took it Nov. 2009, but was not granted a licensed by any Nursing Board (applied to California Nursing Board but was not able to provide Social Security No.)

I am planning to apply to CRNBC. Will they accept my NCLEX even if I was not granted a license?

I am not sure if this kind of matter belongs in this thread, but if anyone can provide helpful info that would be great!

Thanks!

DaleJ

Dec 17, 2014
All the best iblessed.
Hey still waters, not sure re the NCLEX but you would still have to go through NNAS. Don't see why you would need to do it again though. Have you finished NNAS as yet?

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
DaleJ said:
All the best iblessed.
Hey still waters, not sure re the NCLEX but you would still have to go through NNAS. Don't see why you would need to do it again though. Have you finished NNAS as yet?

I haven't applied to NNAS as yet but I plan to this summer.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
still waters said:
Hi!

I am an NCLEX passer. Took it Nov. 2009, but was not granted a licensed by any Nursing Board (applied to California Nursing Board but was not able to provide Social Security No.)

I am planning to apply to CRNBC. Will they accept my NCLEX even if I was not granted a license?

I am not sure if this kind of matter belongs in this thread, but if anyone can provide helpful info that would be great!

Thanks!

Hello Still Water, you have already pass the NCLEX so you are ok to apply for a license in Canada. All the best to you.

still waters

Nov 22, 2014
DaleJ said:
All the best iblessed.
iblessed said:
Hello Still Water, you have already pass the NCLEX so you are ok to apply for a license in Canada. All the best to you.
Thanks for your replies!

I will register for NNAS next month.

So I will just give CRNBC my NCLEX result after going thru NNAS?

TEF

Mar 10, 2015
still waters said:
Thanks for your replies!

Hey Still Waters, Its good you have passed the Nclex, so you will not be required to retake it, however, NNAS will not collect results from you personally. NNAS will need your results to come from a reliable agency which is usually the board of nursing where you were licensed. Since you say no board of nursing has issued you a license, I guess you will contact PEARSON VUE CENTRE, if that is where you took the TEST to forward your results to NNAS. You should first call NNAS and discuss your circumstance with them before applying. Secondly, CRNBC will expect you to submit RN Practice hours within the last 5 years from your past employers. If you do not have those hours, also Call CRNBC and discuss your circumstance with them in order to understand what to expect in your case when you apply to British Columbia after getting your NNAS report. I am assuming you have a bachelors in nursing. I am also an nclex passer like you but in my case I had a license in the US but still waiting to NNAS report. Good luck. TEF.

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
YA said:
Kathy07,

Did you get your advisory report? I contacted nnas and they told me they are delayed by 2 weeks due to some changes in the format.

YA
Good day YA! Any updates from you?

poohGirl

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
AOR Received.
27-03-2013
File Transfer...
10-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Passport Req..
09-09-2013
still waters said:
Thanks for your replies!

Hi still waters, i have contacted crnbc lastyr about ur concern too, as we are in the same situation. We will still be undergoing the same process with other international RN's ( NNAs, SEC, SCHOOL ) but after these, we wont need to take the nclex exam as they will be accepting it here in canada already. They just need to receive the passing result from the BON state.

NURSEJam

Apr 8, 2015
I'm applying from Jamaica as well...got my NNAS report from January...apart of the first batch of reports to be dispensed...my education was viewed as NON COMPARABLE ..the report broken down shows non comparability in areas of public advocacy, jurisprudence, patient safety etc ..but over non comparability. I received my education at the university of the west indies MOna

NURSEJam

Apr 8, 2015
SPMH said:
Ya, I just got it last week. As expected, not comparable. I am trying to do the online application, but CRNBC website connecting to NNAS is not yet operational. They emailed me to try again next week. Even in CLPNBC, no access online. I called and emailed to request for application package, I hope they would send it soon.

How about you? Have you started your NNAS?

NNAS evaluated my education as NONCOMPARABLE ....I HAVE A bachelors degree from Jamaica

still waters

Nov 22, 2014
TEF said:
Hey Still Waters, Its good you have passed the Nclex, so you will not be required to retake it, however, NNAS will not collect results from you personally. NNAS will need your results to come from a reliable agency which is usually the board of nursing where you were licensed. Since you say no board of nursing has issued you a license, I guess you will contact PEARSON VUE CENTRE, if that is where you took the TEST to forward your results to NNAS. You should first call NNAS and discuss your circumstance with them before applying. Secondly, CRNBC will expect you to submit RN Practice hours within the last 5 years from your past employers. If you do not have those hours, also Call CRNBC and discuss your circumstance with them in order to understand what to expect in your case when you apply to British Columbia after getting your NNAS report. I am assuming you have a bachelors in nursing. I am also an nclex passer like you but in my case I had a license in the US but still waiting to NNAS report. Good luck. TEF.
Thanks TEF!

I've contacted California BON about this but so far no reply yet..

Will be contacting PearsonVue also.

CRNBC told me to go thru NNAS first..

still waters

Nov 22, 2014
poohGirl said:
Hi still waters, i have contacted crnbc lastyr about ur concern too, as we are in the same situation. We will still be undergoing the same process with other international RN's ( NNAs, SEC, SCHOOL ) but after these, we wont need to take the nclex exam as they will be accepting it here in canada already. They just need to receive the passing result from the BON state.
Hi poohgirl!

I know about the NNAS process but what really concerns me is can I make the California BON forward my test result to CRNBC. I dont even know if they still have my result. It has been 6 years since I sent my app to them. My file may have been destroyed due to abandonment but I read somewhere they still have my test result.

Will be contacting CABON again soon..

BTW were you not able to obtain a state license too?

Thanks!

NURSEJam

Apr 8, 2015
SPMH said:
Yes, probably after SEC.
[/quojte]

Some provinces don't recommend a bridging course if you pass the SEC ....I got the same non comparability assessment ....I'm from Jamaica and possess a degree in nursing.