+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

DaleJ

Dec 17, 2014
iblessed said:
Congrats DaleJ, which Province are you applying to?
Thanks, applying to Alberta

faraz246 said:
Does anybody have an idea that how much time the provincial body take for evaluating application and issuing temporary license? I am planning to apply for both LPN and RN in Alberta.
I called CARNA on the 4th of May, they said they had a backlog and were currently processing applications from January. Don't know how fast these people work but that means 8- 10 weeks at minimum... hoping its faster.
I don't know the time for the LPN processing, I spoke to them about the RN process

TEF

Mar 10, 2015
Hi guys, I finally received my NNAS Advisory report and it says "Comparable". I am US educated RN. I'll be applying to Alberta. Thanks and good luck to those still waiting to hear from NNAS. TEF.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
TEF said:
Hi guys, I finally received my NNAS Advisory report and it says "Comparable". I am US educated RN. I'll be applying to Alberta. Thanks and good luck to those still waiting to hear from NNAS. TEF.

Congrats

faraz246

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Pakistan
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-14
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
PER: 11-03-2015
AOR Received.
RPRF & Updated Info Chart: 09-09-15
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
SLU: 21-08-15, TLU: 11-09-15
Med's Request
10-09-15
Med's Done....
22-09-15, repeated blood sample: 29-09-15
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
08-10-15
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-15
LANDED..........
April 2016
TEF said:
Hi. Congratulations. Kindly share that how much time it took to receive NNAS report and what's the processing time to apply for Alberta. I have done Masters of Nursing and planning to initiate NNAS registration process. I hope to get positive report.

TEF

Mar 10, 2015
faraz246 said:
Hi. Congratulations. Kindly share that how much time it took to receive NNAS report and what's the processing time to apply for Alberta. I have done Masters of Nursing and planning to initiate NNAS registration process. I hope to get positive report.
Hi Faraz246, it took me 3 months to have all documents sent to NNAS and 2.5 months for them to issue the report. No idea how long the process in alberta takes. I tried to ask them but they said they do not know how long it will take because the current review process after NNAS is something new they have just started.

kevindillon

May 22, 2015
Hi Guys

I am new to this site. I received my report today 'not comparable'. I am from the UK (Scotland). I have completed a 3 year bachelors degree of which i achieved an A Grade for EVERY exam/essay and passed with distinction.

As this is the case, i am of the opinion that everyone is going to receive this unless from the USA from reading all the earlier posts.

Does anyone know if a 'not comparable' means you will not be accepted??

Kevin

snmack

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I want to apply for LPN, I have 3 year Diploma in Nursing with Active Licence in Pakistan.
Recently i have completed my Diploma in Midwifery, i got Mark sheets, but in our country we get Diploma certificate after one year. And only after getting diploma certificate, i can add my Midwifery in my nursing License.

Can i add my Midwifery in Education details, on the bases of my marksheets?

Regards

Reactions: BJS199

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
kevindillon said:
Hi Guys

I am new to this site. I received my report today 'not comparable'. I am from the UK (Scotland). I have completed a 3 year bachelors degree of which i achieved an A Grade for EVERY exam/essay and passed with distinction.

As this is the case, i am of the opinion that everyone is going to receive this unless from the USA from reading all the earlier posts.

Does anyone know if a 'not comparable' means you will not be accepted??

Kevin

It is unbelievable that they give "not comparable" for UK education.

olu13

May 23, 2015
Hi all, just joined the forum today. I am a registered nurse from Nigeria and did my Degree in England. Unfortunately for me, I just received a non comparable feedback from NNAS. Please does anyone knws if it implies you shouldn't procede or not.

faraz246

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Pakistan
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-14
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
PER: 11-03-2015
AOR Received.
RPRF & Updated Info Chart: 09-09-15
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
SLU: 21-08-15, TLU: 11-09-15
Med's Request
10-09-15
Med's Done....
22-09-15, repeated blood sample: 29-09-15
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
08-10-15
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-15
LANDED..........
April 2016
Hello. I just wanted to ask that the Nursing Practice/Employment Form should be filled by immediate supervisor or by HR? Kindly guide me in this regard.

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
DaleJ said:
So I received my NNAS report. It says 'Somewhat Comparable' (RN from Jamaica). Didn't expect to get 'Comparable" seeing I'm not from the U.S. Now to apply to the province and see what they require for the registration process.
Keep us updated on your progress DaleJ. Did you do your nursing degree at UWI mona?

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
DaleJ said:
Hey chasinglight. Ok, why is she working as LPN if she did her Bachelors in Jamaica. I know NNAS assesses based on nursing group. Which nursing group would she do the assessment for? Has she started the process yet?
Sorry for the late reply. No she hasn't started yet. She works as an LPN cuz that is what was available to her here when she finished school. She might get an assessment for both or start with LPN and then eventually do RN.

olu13

May 23, 2015
olu13 said:
Hi all, just joined the forum today. I am a registered nurse from Nigeria and did my Degree in England. Unfortunately for me, I just received a non comparable feedback from NNAS. Please does anyone knws if it implies you shouldn't procede or not.

DaleJ

Dec 17, 2014
chasinglight said:
Keep us updated on your progress DaleJ. Did you do your nursing degree at UWI mona?
I did my degree at NCU. Still waiting on CARNA. I have no outstanding documents for them now, last time I called them they don't have a backlog as bad as before. They working on May now, so lets see what happens from here.