+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

TEF

Mar 10, 2015
teejamv said:
HI! Upon completing the registration for NNAS there was a category if i would like to be assessed as a RN, LPN or RPN. my questions is would it be better if I will choose LPN rather than RN? or should i choose RN? Im a registered nurse in the philippines by the way.
In my opinion, if you are already an RN from the Philippines, I expect you would be asking them to assess your credentials as an RN, and if you got your RN without a bachelors, then NNAS will be indicating that you need to take additional courses to meet the current RN standards in Canada. They should be the ones to tell you that your level of education is equivalent to than of an LPN and not the other way round.

Reactions: BJS199

YA

Feb 3, 2015
Kathy07 said:
This friday is my 8th week. no news yet. ???
Kathy07,

Did you get your advisory report? I contacted nnas and they told me they are delayed by 2 weeks due to some changes in the format.

YA

faraz246

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Pakistan
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-14
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
PER: 11-03-2015
AOR Received.
RPRF & Updated Info Chart: 09-09-15
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
SLU: 21-08-15, TLU: 11-09-15
Med's Request
10-09-15
Med's Done....
22-09-15, repeated blood sample: 29-09-15
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
08-10-15
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-15
LANDED..........
April 2016
faraz246 said:
Hii. I am new to this forum. I am planning to initiate NNAS process but I would like to know that one should initiate the process by registering with NNAS first and than should go for IELTS or its other way around? I see some people suggest to go for IELTS to check if one meets with the required scores and some says to go with documentations first as it takes more time as IELTS is considered valid up to 6 months by NNAS. Kindly guide me how to go about it? I will be thankful to you.
Please guide me

YA

Feb 3, 2015
faraz246 said:
Please guide me
Faraz246
My suggestion is that you initiate the process with NNAS and start sending the nnas forms to your school, etc... at the meant time you can register for IELTS. NNAS will give you access to those forms once you pay the $650.00 fees. By The Way if you work in Canada and have been here for a while and speaks/understand English you should put English as your primary language and you wont have to write the exam.

I hope that help,
YA

Kathy07

Dec 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 24TH 2013
AOR Received.
JUNE 14TH 2013
File Transfer...
JUNE 17TH 2013
Med's Done....
MAY 15th 2013
Passport Req..
FEB 25th 2014
YA said:
Kathy07,

Did you get your advisory report? I contacted nnas and they told me they are delayed by 2 weeks due to some changes in the format.

YA

hey YA, I just received mine. :)

Reactions: BJS199

YA

Feb 3, 2015
RAJIV2286 said:
Hi Ya...
I need some help and suggestion from you...
I need this information for my wife who is registered nurse in india and have 6+ years of experience in Indian Army as Nursing Officer...
I myself applied for FSW 2014 under NOC 1212-financial, Banking and Insurance supervisor
The help I required is a sample copy of document which need to be submitted to NNAS from school, employer and Licencing Authority....
I will explain Why I need a sample copy for these document..
Actually I am in Indian Government Security Services and my Employer will not send any information until I resign from my service. In Addition, I have done my bachelor from Armed college, So they would not release any information without getting NOC from my employer.
I somehow manage to get my WES report which shows canadian equivalency to Bachelor ( 4 years ) and wish to apply for NNAS too apply for License.
I need sample copy to check what they require. May be I can arrange the same without quitting my job.
This would be a great help for help for us.
The document is unique for each individual and have some personal information on it. The school document ask your school of nursing to provide the syllabus/description of every course you took including theory and clinical hours you completed in total.. your WES report wouldn't be accepted by the NNAS. I encourage you to call NNAS to ask them for some advise. They may be able to help you.

TEF

Mar 10, 2015
Kathy07 said:
hey YA, I just received mine. :)
Hey Kathy07, Good to hear you have received your own report. Would you mind sharing a little bit how your report is like. Someone in this forum used the word noncomparable vesus comparable. What has NNAS advised you regarding your report? Which country were you initially registered?. Thanks.

DaleJ

Dec 17, 2014
Wish I found this thread earlier. I applied to NNAS on February 2, 2015 and my status changed to "Ready for Review" today, March 30, 2015. I spoke to an agent and she advised that they were 2 weeks behind as someone said before. Anyone applying from the Caribbean? I am applying from Jamaica.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
DaleJ said:
Wish I found this thread earlier. I applied to NNAS on February 2, 2015 and my status changed to "Ready for Review" today, March 30, 2015. I spoke to an agent and she advised that they were 2 weeks behind as someone said before. Anyone applying from the Caribbean? I am applying from Jamaica.
Hello DaleJ welcome.

DaleJ

Dec 17, 2014
Thanks iblessed. Are you registered as a RN now? How long did the whole process take for you? I'm waiting on NNAS now then apply to a couple provinces for registration.

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
DaleJ said:
Hi Dale

My friend who is applying did her bachelors in Nursing in Jamaica but lives and works in Barbados currently as an LPN

DaleJ

Dec 17, 2014
Hey chasinglight. Ok, why is she working as LPN if she did her Bachelors in Jamaica. I know NNAS assesses based on nursing group. Which nursing group would she do the assessment for? Has she started the process yet?

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
DaleJ said:
Thanks iblessed. Are you registered as a RN now? How long did the whole process take for you? I'm waiting on NNAS now then apply to a couple provinces for registration.
Hi DaleJ. I am a RN in the UK and I had applied to CNO in 2012 but my application is still open because they said that there was some Competences that I need and I am not prepared to go back to Nursing School here just for that. That took 2 1/2 years for them to come to that decision last year. Now that there is this new system I will apply to NNAS sometime later this year.