+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
sasasearles said:
Question I'm I my final year at nursing school. I don't have any experience outside of clinical. I want to apply for NNAS . U stated that she would have to do a bsc n . I have a bsc n in Jamaica.... what would I need to do?
You will need to get some nursing work experience in JA before you apply to NNAS. Canada only considers licensing those with international nursing educations if they (A) have nursing experience in the place they are licensed/completed their education or (B) complete a BScN at a Canadian University. There are bridging programs with only a few spaces per year, but these programs are 20 months long, cost minimum $12,000 and are only available for applicants who have nursing work experience.

Please do not apply to NNAS before you have nursing work experience or else you will cause yourself a bigger headache than necessary. NNAS will deem your education "non comparable" and without nursing experience, they will tell you that you need a Canadian nursing education. You can only apply once so in my opinion it's not worth taking the risk of applying without nursing work experience.

sasasearles

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Canada High commision Jamaica
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Interview........
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
RN_0001 said:
You will need to get some nursing work experience in JA before you apply to NNAS. Canada only considers licensing those with international nursing educations if they (A) have nursing experience in the place they are licensed/completed their education or (B) complete a BScN at a Canadian University. There are bridging programs with only a few spaces per year, but these programs are 20 months long, cost minimum $12,000 and are only available for applicants who have nursing work experience.

Please do not apply to NNAS before you have nursing work experience or else you will cause yourself a bigger headache than necessary. NNAS will deem your education "non comparable" and without nursing experience, they will tell you that you need a Canadian nursing education. You can only apply once so in my opinion it's not worth taking the risk of applying without nursing work experience.
Thank you

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
In my opinion, NNAS only evaluates your education. Although, they take experince details, but those are simply been forwarded to NRB for evaluation. Probably, that is why in my case of CNO , they sent letter to applicants after getting application from NNAS to provide ALL experience details. NNAS asks for last 5 years but CNO asked for ALL experience since graduation.

I see no harm in applying fro NNAS after completing education. On the safer side, make sure you would be working at the time of applying for NNAS. 6 to 8 months would already passed by the time your application reach CNO desk for evaluation. I don't know if there is any minimum practice requirement by CNO or not. You need to check that.

DISCLAIMER: The above advice is based on my inference of NNAS/CNO procedure & there is no concrete evidence to support it.

RN_0001 said:

sasasearles

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Canada High commision Jamaica
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Interview........
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
canada11 said:
In my opinion, NNAS only evaluates your education. Although, they take experince details, but those are simply been forwarded to NRB for evaluation. Probably, that is why in my case of CNO , they sent letter to applicants after getting application from NNAS to provide ALL experience details. NNAS asks for last 5 years but CNO asked for ALL experience since graduation.

I see no harm in applying fro NNAS after completing education. On the safer side, make sure you would be working at the time of applying for NNAS. 6 to 8 months would already passed by the time your application reach CNO desk for evaluation. I don't know if there is any minimum practice requirement by CNO or not. You need to check that.

DISCLAIMER: The above advice is based on my inference of NNAS/CNO procedure & there is no concrete
evidence to support it.
Thank you.
Hopefully I will be working n doing the nclex in the USA

Skyofluv02

Oct 26, 2015
Hello,

I just have question about my Application. I did the NNAS and submitted my AR to CNO.
CNO sent me a letter that I did not meet the education requirements for RPN, they asked me to take some courses from any list of colleges they sent me.
My question is If I take the courses that the College I enrolled to requires me to take, Will I be able to take the CPRNE??
Thanks

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Hi,

Just quick question, Do we need to submit IELTS before NNAS result? Any options to waive IELTS at this stage?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
For CNO....No need....

Subash said:
Hi,

Just quick question, Do we need to submit IELTS before NNAS result? Any options to waive IELTS at this stage?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I guess that college where you taking admission can reply you well.

Just, curious, what's your education qualifications?

Skyofluv02 said:
Hello,

I just have question about my Application. I did the NNAS and submitted my AR to CNO.
CNO sent me a letter that I did not meet the education requirements for RPN, they asked me to take some courses from any list of colleges they sent me.
My question is If I take the courses that the College I enrolled to requires me to take, Will I be able to take the CPRNE??
Thanks

thrissur

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Jurisprudence exam canada

what is Jurisprudence exam for nurses. Is this online exam. Can i take write this exam from India?. From where will i get this details?

cmhilario

Jan 4, 2017
Hello! I am a graduate of nursing 7 years ago and passed the local board exam in the Philippines. I am now living in Saskatchewan with an immigrant visa. I never had any work experience as a nurse since I passed the local board exam. Is there anyone like me here in this forum which has undergone the NNAS assessment? Is it still a good move to have mine assessed? I really need help.

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
canada11 said:
For CNO....No need....
Thanks Canada11, I am in BC currently and have not begun the process yet because of not having required IELTS scores. Does NNAS waive language scores for me if I decide to register in CRNBC?

Regards,

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Back in January 2016, this defer policy was valid only for CNO.

for all others they would process your application but wouldn't give report unless Ielts result is submitted.

I don't know if it's still the same or changed

Subash said:
Thanks Canada11, I am in BC currently and have not begun the process yet because of not having required IELTS scores. Does NNAS waive language scores for me if I decide to register in CRNBC?

Regards,

Milind

May 19, 2016
Hello Doctors and Nurses.
WhatsApp group only for doctors and nurses Canada.

ttps://chat.whatsapp.com/CQXIzZ5T5D087H1MsfXFYd

Request all Doctors and Nurses who are in Canada or trying to immigrate to canada. Please join this group and share your knowledge and experience so it will be helpful to others.
Please Note: just add h before ttps as unable to post URL(link).

Thanks

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
cmhilario said:
Hello! I am a graduate of nursing 7 years ago and passed the local board exam in the Philippines. I am now living in Saskatchewan with an immigrant visa. I never had any work experience as a nurse since I passed the local board exam. Is there anyone like me here in this forum which has undergone the NNAS assessment? Is it still a good move to have mine assessed? I really need help.
It is very important that you not go through the NNAS process unless you have nursing work experience where you are currently licensed. You can only apply to NNAS once, so it is best to apply when you have everything that the provincial licensing body requires. Provincial licensing bodies don't generally allow an applicant to become licensed without a nursing degree from a Canadian university if they do not have nursing work experience in the past 3 years. NNAS only assesses nursing education. However, once you get beyond the nursing education assessment and the paperwork goes to the licensing body, their response is likely that because you have no nursing work experience, you have to take a nursing program in Canada anyway. This will be you only choice because you will not be able to re-apply to NNAS. So basically, if I were in your situation, I would just take an entire BScN here in Canada. I don't think you will be able to get into a 1.5 year nursing bridging program because you do not have current (last 3 years) nursing work experience and the wait list is so long with people who do have experience.