+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
oladelemary said:
any idea if NNAS sends copies of transcipts and curriculum to the RB in addition to the AR being sent directly to the RB?
NNAS sends both the Advisory Report and copies of your transcripts and course syllabi, I believe, but the problem is, the licensing body does not look at anything other than the Advisory Report until the very end, if necessary. It's too bad, because many decisions are made based on the Advisory Report only.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
andy_J said:
Hey Guyz, solve my problem

My wife resigned from her job 5 years ago and she didnt work after that, we got the immigration based on requirement of work experience 1year in 10 year but now when we are going for NNAS their requirement is 1 year in 5 Year.. will my wife will be eligible for assessment and whether she will be able to do a nursing job? Or what difficulty she will face..

Need urgent help
The others who have given you advice are correct. Your wife will not be eligible to work as a nurse anytime soon in Canada. Her best option is to go to school and complete a 4 year university BScN degree. In the end it will be the same amount of time (or less) and the same amount of money (or maybe even cheaper) than going through a bridging program etc. And then she will be guaranteed, if she successfully completes her degree, to be eligible to write NCLEX. I know this isn't happy news, but trust us, we are thinking of her best interests.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
nursero said:
Hi,

Is there anyone trying to apply to Mount Royal,Calgary for the Bridge to Canadian Nursing?

I have applied but there are 28-30 seats for hundreds of applicants all over Alberta.So no way to know if and when I might get in.Could be years?
Please if there is anyone out there share your experience as this is very scary.
After going thru NNAS then CARNA then SEC finally am able to apply for the re fresher but have no idea how long of a wait this would be.

Thank you so much to anyone that might help.
I would suggest checking with schools offering the bridging program as well as universities offering the full BScN program. Find out what the wait is for the bridge program and you might discover it is faster and more promising to start the BScN program instead. It sucks but it might be better to do things that way.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
diding said:
Hi everyone! Im still not in Canada (still living in the US) , but my papers for outland family/spouse sponsorship is under process and Im wanting to start the paperwork for my nursing license in Canada asap.
So i had my BSN in the Philippines in 2010, passed my Philippines Nursing license exam the same year and worked as a nurse in the Philippines for 1.5yrs. I moved to US and passed NCLEX in January 2013 and since then, Ive been working as an RN for almost 4yrs now here in Florida. My questions are; 1) will they be able to allow me start my NNAS assesment application even if I dont have my Canadian Permanent Residency?; 2)Does anybody have any idea if most likely I will be "Comparable" since i've been working as an RN for almost 6yrs now? 3) And lastly, anybody knows if I will still have to take the IELTS exam? Thank you for your time! ;)

Most likely non comparable. There are people with BSN degrees from the United States that are non comparable, so I don't imagine a degree from the Philippines will be somewhat comparable. Sorry.

You will likely have to take the IELTS because even if your education was in English, it concluded more than two years ago. You need proof of English skills that is recent (past 2 years).

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
kreystiyanpoll said:
If you applied for the RN, then most likely yes. Because that's what happened to me, i got the eligibility already.
Since you are already an nclex passer, the viola! You are RN very soon!
Can I asked which country/state you received your nursing education? I received mine in the US as well. Did you successfully pass the OSCE and now you are eligible for a license? Any experience you can share would be much appreciated!

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
vivon said:
I completed my BSN in the US and i received 'somewhat comparable' from NNAS. Does this mean that if i apply to CNO i will not have to take OSCE? I already did NCLEX exam in the US.
I read on another forum that some people with "somewhat comparable" were getting letters from CNO saying they changed their mind, and they didn't have to take the OSCE after all.

Which state did you get your nursing education? Congrats on "somewhat comparable", it's pretty rare so you are lucky.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
canada11 said:
Effective Sep 22, 2016...... CNO will assess your RN education after NNAS report and will inform you if you need to go for OSCE or not. Although, you can opt for OSCE parallel too.

Earlier , everyone has to go through OSCE
I know it's expensive but I would recommend at least registering for the OSCE while you wait to find out whether they will require it. Because they are likely to decide in the end that you need to take the OSCE, and then you will have to wait until test dates are released and try to secure a spot and that could take up to 6 months... They are making most IEN's do the OSCE.

I wonder if this applies to those who applied earlier than Sept 22 or if is only those applications received after Sept 22 that will be assessed by CNO. Does anybody know?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
summitseries said:
Hello! This has probably been asked before, but I hope someone would throw me a bit of advice as this whole NNAS is so overwhelming to me :(

I am a Filipino RN since 2011 and have had no RN work experience ever. A few options I am considering:

• 1 - Just go "back to zero" and get a BSN education in Canada. How long and how much would it cost for a foreign student/Canada Permanent Resident?
  • 2 - Go back to the Philippines for a few months to gain some experience. How much experience is enough to get at least a "Somewhat Comparable" NNAS rating?
  • 3 - Put my time and money elsewhere. :'(

Which option is best in my situation? Thanks in advance to anyone who would take time to answer.
Do Option 1: Go back to zero and get a BScN in Canada. That is the only way to guarantee eligibility to write the licensing exam. Plus, this is what will eventually be required of you anyways since you don't have any nursing experience, they won't permit you to take the IENCAP/OSCE. Gaining experience won't give you a "somewhat comparable". There are people who got their nursing education in the UK and US who have years of nursing experience that got "non comparable". NNAS looks at your education only, not your experience. If you don't do Option 1 then do Option 3. Don't put yourself through more stress than you need to.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Luxzo said:
Thank you so much. Yes, I was talking about Jurisprudence exam (my bad...). Since they ask me to write Jurisprudence exam, does that mean I'm also eligible to write registration exam?
It doesn't mean you are eligible to write NCLEX-RN. But while you are waiting you might as well just write the jurisprudence exam. It's only $40 and it's one item to scratch off your list that you will have to do anyway at some point.
What did your NNAS Advisory Report say? Somewhat comparable? Comparable? Non-comparable?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
buknit said:
Hello Everyone! just a quick question. For those applicants with NCLEX already provided that the NNAS report is not comparable and opt to do bridging program... are we able to get our canada rn license after the bridging program?
I would hope that they would give you other options to try before taking a bridging program. There are not many spots in the bridging programs and wait lists are long, so let's hope they offer other options like submitting other documentation, reference letters, etc. Something! Because i will be years before you can complete a bridging program then become registered.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
canada11 said:
No one is getting comparable..not even Canadians who have studied in US. Max they are getting somewhat comparable.

You need to apply to CNO through link provided in NNAS. Pay them dollars...CNO will reply by snail mail in 15 days to opt for OSCE exam.
You are correct. NNAS is set up so that nobody ever gets "comparable". The assessment isn't even done by real nurses.

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
I got somewhat comparable and i received my degree from the philippines. And i am eligible for nclex

RN_0001 said:
Most likely non comparable. There are people with BSN degrees from the United States that are non comparable, so I don't imagine a degree from the Philippines will be somewhat comparable. Sorry.

You will likely have to take the IELTS because even if your education was in English, it concluded more than two years ago. You need proof of English skills that is recent (past 2 years).

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
I received my nursing education from the philippines. I wasn't required to take osce as i already met the education requirements. I am eligible for nclex. And taking it soon

RN_0001 said:
Can I asked which country/state you received your nursing education? I received mine in the US as well. Did you successfully pass the OSCE and now you are eligible for a license? Any experience you can share would be much appreciated!

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
kreystiyanpoll said:
I received my nursing education from the philippines. I wasn't required to take osce as i already met the education requirements. I am eligible for nclex. And taking it soon
Wow! That is really awesome. I have to say I am surprised as I and so many US-educated applicants got "non comparable" but hey, good for you! So your NNAS Advisory Report said "somewhat comparable" and then CNO sent a letter saying you met the education requirement and didn't have to do the OSCE? Or did you have to submit anything else in order to be considered meeting the education requirement?
Best of luck on NCLEX-RN.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I got NNAS report in July 2016..so I infer it applies who applied before Sep 2016.

Yes I have booked OSCE for 7th April 2016

RN_0001 said:
I know it's expensive but I would recommend at least registering for the OSCE while you wait to find out whether they will require it. Because they are likely to decide in the end that you need to take the OSCE, and then you will have to wait until test dates are released and try to secure a spot and that could take up to 6 months... They are making most IEN's do the OSCE.

I wonder if this applies to those who applied earlier than Sept 22 or if is only those applications received after Sept 22 that will be assessed by CNO. Does anybody know?