Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
@RN_0001 .... what I understand from your post is that's RNB requires minimum 3 years of experience to be eligible to apply for registration. I don't find this requirement on their website

RN_0001 said:
It is very important that you not go through the NNAS process unless you have nursing work experience where you are currently licensed. You can only apply to NNAS once, so it is best to apply when you have everything that the provincial licensing body requires. Provincial licensing bodies don't generally allow an applicant to become licensed without a nursing degree from a Canadian university if they do not have nursing work experience in the past 3 years. NNAS only assesses nursing education. However, once you get beyond the nursing education assessment and the paperwork goes to the licensing body, their response is likely that because you have no nursing work experience, you have to take a nursing program in Canada anyway. This will be you only choice because you will not be able to re-apply to NNAS. So basically, if I were in your situation, I would just take an entire BScN here in Canada. I don't think you will be able to get into a 1.5 year nursing bridging program because you do not have current (last 3 years) nursing work experience and the wait list is so long with people who do have experience.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
canada11 said:
@RN_0001 .... what I understand from your post is that's RNB requires minimum 3 years of experience to be eligible to apply for registration. I don't find this requirement on their website
There is no requirement that you have a minimum of 3 years of nursing work experience. Just a requirement that you have worked as a nurse during the last 5 years or completed an approved nursing education program within the last five years (I apologize, I said 3 years which is the case for Ontario but for New Brunswick which this person is asking about it is 5 years). This person completed their education 7 years ago and has never worked as a nurse and therefore does not yet meet the requirements to become licensed.

gsh2

Jul 27, 2016
gsh2 said:
Hi All

I wondered if there were any UK trained RMNs who have have applied to NNAS (and subsequently to College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of BC). I completed a 3 year Diploma of Higher Education in Mental Health Nursing in 2002 and a BSc Health Studies in 2005 - I should have completed a MSc in Drug and Alcohol Studies by July 2017 all from a Scottish University. I have 14 years experience in Community Mental Health, CAMHS, Addictions and Nurse Education. Can anyone with a comparable background comment on their experience of seeking BC registration?

Thanks
Anybody?

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
My fiancee is going to apply for her assessment soon and we need to know exactly what to submit and if she will be eligible for assessment.

she has a valid license from The Republic of Philippines Professional Regulation Commission
She worked in a nursing home after college from 2008-2010

She is now here in the live-in caregivers program and it will be over in May. We want to see if she needs to take extra courses ect. Does anyone know what we will need to provide the NNAS? I am assuming the license (will we need the original, it is still in Phil), proof of her employment?

Please if anyone has any information, it would be a big help.

Thanks

sasasearles

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Canada High commision Jamaica
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Interview........
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
joeythecat said:
My fiancee is going to apply for her assessment soon and we need to know exactly what to submit and if she will be eligible for assessment.

she has a valid license from The Republic of Philippines Professional Regulation Commission
She worked in a nursing home after college from 2008-2010

She is now here in the live-in caregivers program and it will be over in May. We want to see if she needs to take extra courses ect. Does anyone know what we will need to provide the NNAS? I am assuming the license (will we need the original, it is still in Phil), proof of her employment?

Please if anyone has any information, it would be a big

Thanks
There are forms that the college needs to fill out and transcripts and outline for each course. Her employer has a section to fill out as well.

Nursing Education Form
◊ Download and print the Nursing Education Form, including Part B: “Nursing Education Information” and Part C: “Identi cation of O cial” from your online account.
◊ Send a Nursing Education Form to each post-secondary school outside Canada where you completed post-secondary courses related to your nursing education. Ask the school o cial who is authorized to provide the transcripts to complete the form and send them directly to
NNAS by mail or courier, along with copies of your academic records/transcripts, nursing program curriculum/course descriptions, and/or course syllabi. When you send your nursing education form to your school, it is suggested that you encourage your school to provide as detailed a syllabus as possible.
◊ If the o cial providing the educational instruction information is not the school o cial, the name and signature of this o cial must be provided as well.
◊ Note: You are responsible for paying any fee the school requests (including translation costs) to complete this form, prepare your documents, and send them to NNAS.
◊ If NNAS receives documents that are written in languages other than English or French, without an English or French (where applicable) translation attached, they can be translated by NNAS for a fee, at your request.
Nursing Registration Form
◊ Download and print the Nursing Registration Form, including Part B: “Nursing Examination and Registration Information” and Part C: “Identi cation of O cial” from your online account.
◊ Send a Nursing Registration Form to each nursing authority outside of Canada where you obtained a license/registration (whether it is active or inactive). Ask them to complete the form, and send it by mail or courier directly to NNAS.
◊ e Nursing Registration Form must be completed by the o cial authorized to provide registration/licensing information. If you have a diploma that authorized you to work as a nurse in your country, ask the institution that issued the diploma (for example, your school or the Ministry of Health) to send an o cial copy of your diploma in the original language to NNAS.
◊ Note: You are responsible for any fee that the registration/licensing authority requests to complete this form, including translation costs.
◊ If NNAS receives documents that are in languages other than English or French, without an English or French (where applicable) translation attached, they can be translated by NNAS for fee, at your request

Download and print the Nursing Practice/Employment Form, including Part B: “Employer Information” and Part C: “Identi cation of Employer Supervisor” from your online account.
◊ Send a Nursing Practice/Employment Form to each nursing employer you worked for in each of the last 5 calendar years starting with YEAR 1 as the current year. e forms must be completed by the o cial authorized to provide your nursing employment information. Ask them to complete the forms and send them directly to NNAS by mail or courier.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
sasasearles said:
There are forms that the college needs to fill out and transcripts and outline for each course. Her employer has a section to fill out as well.
her employer (nursing home) on taiwan went out of business.... this is a problem isnt it?

sasasearles

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Jamaica
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Interview........
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
joeythecat said:
her employer (nursing home) on taiwan went out of business.... this is a problem isnt it?
Yes. Can't she find the employer n let them fill out the form then they can write a letter stating it's out of business

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
sasasearles said:
Yes. Can't she find the employer n let them fill out the form then they can write a letter stating it's out of business
this will be a problem for sure. do you know how long the whole process will take? are we looking at years?

sasasearles

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Jamaica
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Interview........
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
joeythecat said:
this will be a problem for sure. do you know how long the whole process will take? are we looking at years?
There are two parts to the application process:

Your application to NNAS could take up to 12 months to complete. This depends on:
When NNAS receives all your required information and acceptable documents.
When you successfully complete a language proficiency test, if required.
When your documents are translated, if required.
Your application is active for up to 12 months
Once you receive your Advisory Report, you can apply directly to the regulatory body in your chosen Canadian province to apply for registration to practise. Each regulatory body has its own registration requirements and timelines. These depend on whether you require another assessment or courses to meet their eligibility requirements. It could take another year or more for the regulatory body to make its decision.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
sasasearles said:
There are two parts to the application process:

Your application to NNAS could take up to 12 months to complete. This depends on:
When NNAS receives all your required information and acceptable documents.
When you successfully complete a language proficiency test, if required.
When your documents are translated, if required.
Your application is active for up to 12 months
Once you receive your Advisory Report, you can apply directly to the regulatory body in your chosen Canadian province to apply for registration to practise. Each regulatory body has its own registration requirements and timelines. These depend on whether you require another assessment or courses to meet their eligibility requirements. It could take another year or more for the regulatory body to make its decision.
ok thank you.

Also, she has not worked since 2010 as a nursing aide, will she even be eligible to apply. from what i read, she needed to work int he past 3-5 years to be eligible. I saw that she can only apply once. what will she have to do instead?

sasasearles

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Jamaica
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Interview........
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
joeythecat said:
ok thank you.

Also, she has not worked since 2010 as a nursing aide, will she even be eligible to apply. from what i read, she needed to work int he past 3-5 years to be eligible. I saw that she can only apply once. what will she have to do instead?
Hold on is she a registered nurse or nursing aide? Get a job and start working

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
joeythecat said:
Yes, you are looking at years. There are applicants educated in the US with 4 year BSN's who are a year into the process and nowhere near a license or even a decision regarding their education. Unfortunately, it's a long road. And it is likely she will have to go to school in Canada. It is actually probably a better idea for her to skip this whole process and just begin a BScN in Canada as soon as possible.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
joeythecat said:
ok thank you.

If she has not worked since 2010 then her "Safe practice" has lapsed and she should not apply without current nursing work experience.
Whether she is a nurse or a nursing aide makes a huge difference here so please specify so that we can help you further.