+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

gee123

May 24, 2017
Hello Everyone please can anyone who went for bridging in Mount Royal contact me in my inbox please i have some couple of questions to ask please

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Hi
Anybody knows duration of experience needed to satisfy CNO's safe practice requirements ? Like how many hours of experience as RN under following capacity volunteer/ clinical instructor/Administration etc.

linrej

Jun 11, 2021
Delhi
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-01-2021
Doc's Request.
10-06-2021
Nomination.....
20-12-2021
Hi,

I am new to this forum. Has anyone started or finished with the NNAS application in this group. I did want to know which courier service is better for sending documents from India to the USA?

linrej

Jun 11, 2021
Delhi
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-01-2021
Doc's Request.
10-06-2021
Nomination.....
20-12-2021
Hello guys, do I need to complete NNAS before applying for the PNP for express entry? I'm afraid I can't get the PNP without the NNAS. My CRS score is around 415. Thank you for your time.

Try with Newfoundland and labrador province they are sending PNP Invitation for nurses without NNAS. You can apply for NNAS after the PNP is recieved

GaganAulakh

Dec 6, 2017
Hi, If anyone can just give me a brief guide about cno application towards RN that will be really appreciated. As someone said that if we get RN eligibility to write NCLEX from AHPRA then do we have to go through CNO’s process ahead of it or after writing Nclex and all that. I haven’t applied for RN eligibility through cno yet coz I am under process of RPN right now with them. ? Please respond. That will be a real help. Thanks

NewRN

Dec 30, 2019
Hi, If anyone can just give me a brief guide about cno application towards RN that will be really appreciated. As someone said that if we get RN eligibility to write NCLEX from AHPRA then do we have to go through CNO’s process ahead of it or after writing Nclex and all that. I haven’t applied for RN eligibility through cno yet coz I am under process of RPN right now with them. ? Please respond. That will be a real help. Thanks
Have you completed your NNAS process?

linrej

Jun 11, 2021
Delhi
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-01-2021
Doc's Request.
10-06-2021
Nomination.....
20-12-2021
No. I haven’t started for RN yet. Should I start right now or start after passing NCLEX?
I guess you can add the additional application of RN along with RPN in NNAS so that the same documentation which was submitted earlier to NNAS can be used.

GaganAulakh

Dec 6, 2017
I guess you can add the additional application of RN along with RPN in NNAS so that the same documentation which was submitted earlier to NNAS can be used.
Is it possible like this ? Because my NNAS application for rpn was finalised in 2017 but I am writing the rpn exam now due to some circumstances. By starting new application, will they be able to use the previous documents?

beforecanada2014

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Visa Office......
accra
LANDED..........
15th Dec 2016
Can someone assist with any helpful info:
For someone who just got advisory report from NNAS and currently applied to CARNA. Got a reply to write IELTS. Now want to migrate to US with partner. Heard that any nursing experience in US as an RN or equivalence is acceptable in Canada.
Can anyone with experience on index situation advise on how to proceed with any US board like 'Newyork State Nursing Board'? Will the advisory report from NNAS be helpful in anyway? What is the trick to getting 'Authorization to Test' faster for NCLEX? Again, will it be possibly easy in future to practise in Canada with a US nursing license since applicant is a PR who will be eligible to apply for citizenship in few months time? A lot of us have stagnated due to covid-19 pandemic and long to move on. Again, the bridging course as I heard currently has a lot of queue and it invariably keeps lots of people waiting and loosing years. Can someone advise for my peep? Please and thank you all

linrej

Jun 11, 2021
Delhi
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-01-2021
Doc's Request.
10-06-2021
Nomination.....
20-12-2021
Is it possible like this ? Because my NNAS application for rpn was finalised in 2017 but I am writing the rpn exam now due to some circumstances. By starting new application, will they be able to use the previous documents?
Yes, it is possible with additional fees for the RN application group. Below is the response received from NNAS customer care team in regards to additional orders and future orders.

"Please note that one set of form completed from each of your primary sources will apply to your current main order and any additional order and future order you will purchase. Best regards NNAS, customer care"

ravall

Jul 28, 2017
This post is for all those who are deemed non comparable for Canadian RN by NNAS and they are required to acquire some education in canada.
Under the new rule, u cn apply for NCLEX with any regulatory body ( USA OR AUSTRALIA). If you pass NCLEX, transfer ur scores to the regulatory body in Canada only applicable to CNO. Ur education requirement and Registration exam reauirementbwill be met.

It is not a professional advice. who dont want to study or do Osce since it has been taking forever to register for IENCAP.

I applied for both US RN with new york board which gives u eligibility to write NCLEX in 4 to 5 months. Applied in May 2021. All docs have been received by them.

I applied for AHPRA as well ( Australia Regulatory body). Got eligibility to write exam in one month. Appeared on 17 th june. Got good pop up. Waiting for results since it takes 4 to 6 weeks for the official results.

Confirmed with CNO. They said they will accept the results and waive my exam and education requirements but results shud b sent directly from Australia.
Confirmed with Australia. They said wait for ur official results and ur scores will be transferred.

Hey,

I passed my NCLEX through AHPRA and got my official result.
How did you transfer your results from AHPRA TO CNO?

If you emailed AHPRA, what information did you include so that your result wiuld be correctly attached to your CNO account?

It would be helpful if you can provide the template you used.

Thanks

Spelling19

May 15, 2017
As per CNO's (College of Nurses of Ontario) website, if you passed the NCLEX-RN on or after January 2015, it
will serve as evidence that an applicant has demonstrated the required entry-level nursing knowledge, skill and judgement to meet the nursing education requirement.

An excerpt from the CNO website:

"IEN applicants who apply to CNO after completing the NNAS process and who have been identified as not having equivalent nursing knowledge, skill and judgment based on the NNAS’ nursing education assessment will now meet the nursing education requirement, if they successfully completed the NCLEX-RN exam on or after Jan. 1, 2015. For other applicants who passed the NCLEX-RN before January 1, 2015, CNO will continue to evaluate practice-related documentation (for example, current/past RN employment) to determine if it addresses any gaps in nursing knowledge, skill and judgement identified in the NNAS assessment."

"The NCLEX-RN is a valid and reliable measure of an applicant’s entry-level nursing knowledge, skill and judgment required for safe nursing practice."

https://www.cno.org/en/news/2021/march-2021/passing-the-nclex-rn-a-new-way-to-assess-iens-nursing-knowledge-skill-and-judgment/

Having passed the NCLEX-RN on or after January 1, 2015 will make it easier for you to deal with NNAS & CNO. It doesn't matter if NNAS gave you a non-comparable result for as long as you passed the NCLEX-RN on or after January 1, 2015,
CNO will credit that as meeting their nursing education requirement and evidence of safe nursing practice as of March 4, 2021 as decided CNO council.

NCLEX-RN is the official RN licensure examination for both the United States & Canada.

If you want to be eligible to write the NCLEX-RN, try applying RN license application by examination first at any State Boards of Nursing in the United States, as applying in the US is easier compared to Canada. Some state boards require Social Security Number (SSN) and some do not. The easiest of all is applying at New York State Education Department (NYSED) as they don't require you to have a Social Security Number (SSN) and no fingerprinting/background check done unlike in other states. The application is a straightforward process. You must, however, complete the mandatory course works for Infection Control & Child Abuse in order to process your application. Once you are deemed eligible to take the NCLEX-RN by NYSED, you will receive your ATT within one week or you can follow them by calling if you still haven't received it. Once ATT is received in your email, you can now schedule your test at the Pearson Vue website. You must schedule the test before the expiration date indicated on your ATT.

For more info, kindly visit my channel on YOUTUBE (Nursejbsacademy19) and watch the video entitled "How to become a Registered Nurse in New York" for a detailed step by step process in becoming a registered nurse in New York State. Don't forget to subscribe, like, comment & share. I also conduct free review lectures on important topics for NCLEX-RN which is also in my Youtube channel, so check that out ! - Thanks !!!!!

Once you passed NCLEX-RN and issued RN license by NYSED, it will be easier for you to apply at CNO. Believe me!

You can always request NYSED to send verification to CNO about your active RN license registration and passing of your registration exam (NCLEX-RN). There is a fee of $20 USD currently and you can do it online at the NYSED website !

Last edited:

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
As per CNO's (College of Nurses of Ontario) website, if you passed the NCLEX-RN on or after January 2015, it
will serve as evidence that an applicant has demonstrated the required entry-level nursing knowledge, skill and judgement to meet the nursing education requirement.

An excerpt from the CNO website:

"IEN applicants who apply to CNO after completing the NNAS process and who have been identified as not having equivalent nursing knowledge, skill and judgment based on the NNAS’ nursing education assessment will now meet the nursing education requirement, if they successfully completed the NCLEX-RN exam on or after Jan. 1, 2015. For other applicants who passed the NCLEX-RN before January 1, 2015, CNO will continue to evaluate practice-related documentation (for example, current/past RN employment) to determine if it addresses any gaps in nursing knowledge, skill and judgement identified in the NNAS assessment."

"The NCLEX-RN is a valid and reliable measure of an applicant’s entry-level nursing knowledge, skill and judgment required for safe nursing practice."

https://www.cno.org/en/news/2021/march-2021/passing-the-nclex-rn-a-new-way-to-assess-iens-nursing-knowledge-skill-and-judgment/

Having passed the NCLEX-RN on or after January 1, 2015 will make it easier for you to deal with NNAS & CNO. It doesn't matter if NNAS gave you a non-comparable result for as long as you passed the NCLEX-RN on or after January 1, 2015,
CNO will credit that as meeting their nursing education requirement and evidence of safe nursing practice as of March 4, 2021 as decided CNO council.

NCLEX-RN is the official RN licensure examination for both the United States & Canada.

If you want to be eligible to write the NCLEX-RN, try applying RN license application by examination first at any State Boards of Nursing in the United States, as applying in the US is easier compared to Canada. Some state boards require Social Security Number (SSN) and some do not. The easiest of all is applying at New York State Education Department (NYSED) as they don't require you to have a Social Security Number (SSN) and no fingerprinting/background check done unlike in other states. The application is a straightforward process. You must, however, complete the mandatory course works for Infection Control & Child Abuse in order to process your application. Once you are deemed eligible to take the NCLEX-RN by NYSED, you will receive your ATT within one week or you can follow them by calling if you still haven't received it. Once ATT is received in your email, you can now schedule your test at the Pearson Vue website. You must schedule the test before the expiration date indicated on your ATT.

For more info, kindly visit my channel on YOUTUBE (Nursejbsacademy19) and watch the video entitled "How to become a Registered Nurse in New York" for a detailed step by step process in becoming a registered nurse in New York State. Don't forget to subscribe, like, comment & share. I also conduct free review lectures on important topics for NCLEX-RN which is also in my Youtube channel, so check that out ! - Thanks !!!!!

Once you passed NCLEX-RN and issued RN license by NYSED, it will be easier for you to apply at CNO. Believe me!

You can always request NYSED to send verification to CNO about your active RN license registration and passing of your registration exam (NCLEX-RN). There is a fee of $20 USD currently and you can do it online at the NYSED website !
I think, having passed NCLEX only gives you
Waiver for education requirements ,you still need to meet safe practice requirements.