+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Sonalazar

Feb 20, 2021
HI all, I got a question on my experience gap. I initially did my BSc. nursing in India and worked for 3 years 6 months. After this as of now I have an experience gap of over 5 years up until now. Its tough for me to work as I am in Spain now and dont have the proficiency in spanish to work here. I want to get registered as an RN in Canada and was wondering how to about it ? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
HI all, I got a question on my experience gap. I initially did my BSc. nursing in India and worked for 3 years 6 months. After this as of now I have an experience gap of over 5 years up until now. Its tough for me to work as I am in Spain now and dont have the proficiency in spanish to work here. I want to get registered as an RN in Canada and was wondering how to about it ? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. thank you!
You start the process through NNAS and get your degree, work experience and language assessed. The process takes about a year. However being registered doesn’t give you work authorization. You still need to meet immigration eligibility requirements like Express Entry.

Sonalazar

Feb 20, 2021
You start the process through NNAS and get your degree, work experience and language assessed. The process takes about a year. However being registered doesn’t give you work authorization. You still need to meet immigration eligibility requirements like Express Entry.
thanks for the reply. As I understood, more than a 3 year gap does not give a positive assessment. Is is better to proceed by a student pathway i.e. do a reentry course and then do the NNAS process or is it better to start the process with NNAS first ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thanks for the reply. As I understood, more than a 3 year gap does not give a positive assessment. Is is better to proceed by a student pathway i.e. do a reentry course and then do the NNAS process or is it better to start the process with NNAS first ?
So you haven’t work in in the field within the last 5 years. You can only submit work experience from within the last 5 years.

atlanticbay

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
i have enrolled in a two year nursing program which is gonna start in May 2021, shd i start my NNAS while im in india or wait tilli start my nursing program in canada ?

atlanticbay

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Thank you
Hi Dear,

quick question,

i have enrolled in a two year nursing program in Canada, i am a BSc nurse in India with 5 years experience, my course in Canada is gonna start in the month of May, shd i start my NNAS now or later when i start the course?
if i start my NNAS now, can i amend the Canadian education later ?
appreciate your help.

atlanticbay

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
You will need to get some nursing work experience in JA before you apply to NNAS. Canada only considers licensing those with international nursing educations if they (A) have nursing experience in the place they are licensed/completed their education or (B) complete a BScN at a Canadian University. There are bridging programs with only a few spaces per year, but these programs are 20 months long, cost minimum $12,000 and are only available for applicants who have nursing work experience.

Please do not apply to NNAS before you have nursing work experience or else you will cause yourself a bigger headache than necessary. NNAS will deem your education "non comparable" and without nursing experience, they will tell you that you need a Canadian nursing education. You can only apply once so in my opinion it's not worth taking the risk of applying without nursing work experience.
i have enrolled in a two year nursing program in Canada, i am a BSc nurse in India with 5 years experience, my course in Canada is gonna start in the month of May, shd i start my NNAS now or later when i start the course?
appreciate your help.

atlanticbay

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Hi my application went to Ready for final review today on 5 March did some know how long will it take for a final advisory report.
appreciate your help.

Alienguilas

Mar 7, 2021
Good day, I’m a registered nurse and I want to move to Canada. I applied in the Express Entry but unfortunately I have a very low crs score (a little over 350). I applied for PNP but I’m not putting all my hopes in that. I decided to get my Canadian nursing license to help me find a job. My question is that, do I need to be a PR holder or a Canadian citizen to apply for the college of nursing in any of the province? What else should I while I’m waiting? I’m in the document gathering phase of NNAS and I just need to take an English exam as my IETLS is going to expire in 4 months.

I was told that if I already passed the US-NCLEX, that I’ll have 1 less process to obtain a Canadian nursing license. I thought of writing the New York NCLEX.

In your opinion, should I do a New York NCLEX first then continue with NNAS? Or do NNAS and wait for them to tell me to take the NCLEX?