+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

cdurnin79

Jul 11, 2019
So I'm pretty sure I wont have enough practice hours to fulfill the RN requirement (but will for LPN) does anyone know what my options will be? I'm in Nova Scotia.

Last edited:

jaymiemendoza

Oct 7, 2019
Hi there! Did you followup to nnas about your papers? Because as far as I know your papers will only be valid for 12months on their file,so you have to pass all the required documents before 12mos. Otherwise you have to renew your application again with the required fee. Regarding with your question about getting a comparable result it all depends on your nursing education and experience as nurse. They will compare your nursing education back home to Canadian education, if you have nursing experience that is one big plus for your application, but I’m not saying here that you would likely get a comparable result. I’m just sharing what I knew and understand. After you receive your AR, you can now apply to the RB of your choice and they will tell you what to do. Hope this helps! To God be the Glory! Goodluck!
Hi i would like to know how much is the reactivation fee if my main application expire.

jaymiemendoza

Oct 7, 2019
Hi there! Did you followup to nnas about your papers? Because as far as I know your papers will only be valid for 12months on their file,so you have to pass all the required documents before 12mos. Otherwise you have to renew your application again with the required fee. Regarding with your question about getting a comparable result it all depends on your nursing education and experience as nurse. They will compare your nursing education back home to Canadian education, if you have nursing experience that is one big plus for your application, but I’m not saying here that you would likely get a comparable result. I’m just sharing what I knew and understand. After you receive your AR, you can now apply to the RB of your choice and they will tell you what to do. Hope this helps! To God be the Glory! Goodluck!
Hi how much is the required fee if my main application expire?

Shannar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi,
Sorry for the delay in updates. I did apply to CARNA and I got a package from them as well an email saying I am eligible to write the NCLEX as well apply for a temporary practice permit. TEF, when did you apply to CARNA? They took 8 weeks to compete my assessment and let me know the result. The actual package took three weeks to reach Jamaica because they send it by regular mail. I haven't applied for the practice permit yet because based on the info I got, it's best to have a job lined up first. This covers the 225 hours that you need to get fully registered with them. If you don't have a job, and the permit expires it can be difficult to get a new one because that is dependent on an employer reference.
TEF, you would have already done NcLEx, so you should just have to apply for the permit and get a job... That's my guess. For those who have links to a hospital or health centre willing to hire nurses who need the 225 hour requirement please share...
Let me know how it goes TEF.
Hi not sure if your still active on this forum but did you eventually get ur license? I'm a UWI nursing graduate and do got non comparable on my report. Did u have extra post basic education?

Shannar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi.Anyone in this thread from Jamaica?I applied NNAS last Nov.and waiting for advisory report.Was told this report was being prepared since 5 weeks and counting.How long does this really tske.I am not gettibg a timeline from NNAS
Mine took 4 months since I applied for report to be issued which came back as non comparable

violetem

Oct 7, 2019
Hello guys, I am so glad I found this thread. I have been having a hard time finding information about getting a nursing liscense in Canada. I am a Canada citizen studied and working (3 years) as a RN in Hong Kong. I am planning to move back soon and wanting to apply for a Canadian nursing license.

I have started the NNAS process, handed in all documents and my status is currently "ready for review". I have just read that the process can take long and seems that many applications will be deemed as non comparable, which worries me.

I am now considering if I should apply for LPN also as I read comments saying that its easier.
Just wondering if anyone knows if there are successful cases from Hong Kong and should I apply for both RN and LPN? Is it really hard to work as a nurse in Canada for IEN?

kondaveeti41

Jun 20, 2013
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-06-2015
Hi,is anyone writing ARNAP this June,please let’s meet and practice together.
Hi
How was your ARNAP? Would you mind sharing your experience on osce ARNAP? Thankyou.

deefudgeRN

Sep 8, 2019
Hello guys, I am so glad I found this thread. I have been having a hard time finding information about getting a nursing liscense in Canada. I am a Canada citizen studied and working (3 years) as a RN in Hong Kong. I am planning to move back soon and wanting to apply for a Canadian nursing license.

I have started the NNAS process, handed in all documents and my status is currently "ready for review". I have just read that the process can take long and seems that many applications will be deemed as non comparable, which worries me.

I am now considering if I should apply for LPN also as I read comments saying that its easier.
Just wondering if anyone knows if there are successful cases from Hong Kong and should I apply for both RN and LPN? Is it really hard to work as a nurse in Canada for IEN?
hi, i have a friend who is an RN in Hong Kong and she got not comparable in RN and somewhat comparable in LPN. We are both in British Columbia. Most results are not comparable for RN , hence you will go througn a series of exams. I got my LPN in Alberta and it is super quick once you get your nnas report. I only took the CPNRE, no more clinicals or bridging programs. However, BC is the craziest! i just got my RN/LPN exam results and waiting fir the BCCNP's verdict.
For me, get the LPN too since some provinces will let you do bridging programs which require you to have 1500+ hrs of Canadian experience as an LPN or HCA. It's a good fall back as well.

Which province do you plan to register with?

Canadianborn

Aug 16, 2019
I’m still waiting for NNAS to accept and authenticate the last document I sent them which arrived September 3rd according to the tracking number I had for it. This process is making me crazy..... does anyone have any experience with BCCNP? I’m just wondering how long it is going to be once I can finally start the process with them.

deefudgeRN

Sep 8, 2019
I’m still waiting for NNAS to accept and authenticate the last document I sent them which arrived September 3rd according to the tracking number I had for it. This process is making me crazy..... does anyone have any experience with BCCNP? I’m just wondering how long it is going to be once I can finally start the process with them.
Hi, it does take a long time for NNAS to process your documents. Try calling them or sending an e-mail. I registered with BCCNP. Got my NNAS Report Aug 2018, registered with BCCNP for RN on 9/7, paid $450+ reg fee 9/10, got verdict to take NCAS 9/27, NCAS Referral: October.
same with my LPN registration. It took me around 1 month to get a referral. :)