+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

CMCB

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hello Everyone, on the NNAS frequently asked questions website section, it states that advisory reports are completed in about 12 weeks from the time all requirements and application are complete.

Have most of you received your advisory report around this timeline of 12 weeks, or do you know fellow RNs that have? I am applying as a U.S. RN and this is my 5th week waiting for report.
Thank you.
For me,it has been 33 weeks since they recieved all my docs.I was told that my advisory report was being prepared approx 5 weeks now.I am not sure if its because they are reviewing 3 docs for me:rn,rm and public health nursing.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
For me,it has been 33 weeks since they received all my docs.I was told that my advisory report was being prepared approx 5 weeks now.I am not sure if its because they are reviewing 3 docs for me:rn,rm and public health nursing.
Thank you for your reply. Over 8 months is quite a long time. I commend your patience and determination. How does one keep from losing one's mind? For me, it's RN and NP that they have to review. Not sure why they post on their website 12 weeks for completing report if it's no where near this timeframe.

CMCB

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Thank you for your reply. Over 8 months is quite a long time. I commend your patience and determination. How does one keep from losing one's mind? For me, it's RN and NP that they have to review. Not sure why they post on their website 12 weeks for completing report if it's no where near this timeframe.
I really have to ask the lord for strength.Right now I am distracted by sending in my application for nominstion with AINP following NOI in August so thats whats giving me a light in this tunnel.I emsil them once per month and call intermittently.I am due to call this week.So they know they are dealing with a human being who still has the regulatory body plus nclex and possible bridging course to think about.I really hope I get my PR with Alberta in coming months then what ever my verdict I intend to attack it.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
I really have to ask the lord for strength.Right now I am distracted by sending in my application for nominstion with AINP following NOI in August so thats whats giving me a light in this tunnel.I emsil them once per month and call intermittently.I am due to call this week.So they know they are dealing with a human being who still has the regulatory body plus nclex and possible bridging course to think about.I really hope I get my PR with Alberta in coming months then what ever my verdict I intend to attack it.
Thank you for sharing. All the best in your journey, and to all in this forum. I'll stay positive as well. Your words are encouraging.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello Everyone, on the NNAS frequently asked questions website section, it states that advisory reports are completed in about 12 weeks from the time all requirements and application are complete.

Have most of you received your advisory report around this timeline of 12 weeks, or do you know fellow RNs that have? I am applying as a U.S. RN and this is my 5th week waiting for report.
Thank you.
I think there have been approximately 2 people who received the report within 12 weeks. The first two who applied! As a US RN they will likely find you comparable or somewhat comparable. It used to be that US nurses were non-comparable, until some fought back and they ended up making some much needed changes.

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
Hello everyone,

I am desperate to find some answers. My wife is a RN from Brazil with 15 years of experience.
We are close to get a PR through express entry.
Would it be more realistic that she aims for LN instead of RN?
If she enrolls with NNAS now, is it likely she can start working in 1 or 2 years?
Thank you in advance

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
I think there have been approximately 2 people who received the report within 12 weeks. The first two who applied! As a US RN they will likely find you comparable or somewhat comparable. It used to be that US nurses were non-comparable, until some fought back and they ended up making some much needed changes.
Thanks for your reply! This is good to know.

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Hey Guys,

Sharing my sucess story: Firstly thanks to ALMIGHTY I got RN license without IENCAP

My NNAS report was almost 44%. CNO had asked me to do IENCAP or Submit Evidence of practice that meets your competency gaps. They will review my application and if they are still unsatisfied they will ask to do competency course as part of the process.

I was practicing nursing in USA working for a hospital, my job experience letter was submitted to CNO in February 2019 and my application was placed in assessment queue.

I also registered for IENCAP which I was suppose to give on November 2019. I am so glad that I am cancelling that exam now as I am no longer required to give IENCAP.

Thanks you everyone on the forum for your assistance and sharing knowledge.

Reactions: Ritu Thapa

Ritu Thapa

Aug 21, 2019
Toronto
Hey Guys,

Sharing my sucess story: Firstly thanks to ALMIGHTY I got RN license without IENCAP

My NNAS report was almost 44%. CNO had asked me to do IENCAP or Submit Evidence of practice that meets your competency gaps. They will review my application and if they are still unsatisfied they will ask to do competency course as part of the process.

I was practicing nursing in USA working for a hospital, my job experience letter was submitted to CNO in February 2019 and my application was placed in assessment queue.

I also registered for IENCAP which I was suppose to give on November 2019. I am so glad that I am cancelling that exam now as I am no longer required to give IENCAP.

First of all, congratulations for not having to go through IENCAP!
Secondly, could you please tell us how long had you been working as a nurse, as mentioned in your job experience letter?
I am asking because at the time I had started my NNAS application, I had only been working for 3 months so I had my work experience form waived by NNAS.
By the time I will get to Canada, I will have around 8 months of work experience. I was wondering if this duration of work experience would be insignificant, while applying to CNO.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hey Guys,

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your update!
When you state that your NNAS report was almost 44%, is this to mean that you were 44% compatible? What does 44% mean?
Thank you. :)

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
First of all, congratulations for not having to go through IENCAP!
Secondly, could you please tell us how long had you been working as a nurse, as mentioned in your job experience letter?
I am asking because at the time I had started my NNAS application, I had only been working for 3 months so I had my work experience form waived by NNAS.
By the time I will get to Canada, I will have around 8 months of work experience. I was wondering if this duration of work experience would be insignificant, while applying to CNO.
I don't think 8 months will be enough but you never know it can work. Form what I know they require more than 2000+ hours of work experience (not sure though). I had more than 2 years of experience when i submitted my job experience letter to CNO.

Reactions: Ritu Thapa

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
When you state that your NNAS report was almost 44%, is this to mean that you were 44% compatible? What does 44% mean?
It was non comparable.
It was non comparable. What my research tells me is if your report is close to 50% then it is somewhat comparable and if its close to 70% or more it is comparable (thats a guess I am making based on how others are rated based on overall report percentage). The only positive side i see that I had was I passed NCLEX-RN before and was practicing in USA.

Ritu Thapa

Aug 21, 2019
Toronto
I don't think 8 months will be enough but you never know it can work. Form what I know they require more than 2000+ hours of work experience (not sure though). I had more than 2 years of experience when i submitted my job experience letter to CNO.
Thank you for replying, let's hope for the best *fingers crossed*