+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Hafsa12345

May 26, 2017
Thanks for the replies. I might try apply for the rpn since NNAS has most of my documents.

With CNO assuming I passed the jurisprudence, Ielts and sent the job description, do they ask for more information for the RPN? Or do they just re-evaluate the education and send you off to do the exam?

zero8314

Apr 14, 2015
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I need help and insights.

I graduated BSN at Philippines last 2011 but was not able to take the licensure exam since I moved out the country (Dubai) right after graduation. I moved here in Canada (BC) last 2015 and wanted to continued my nursing career. I am planning to have the assessment with NNAS. Aside from CELBAN/IELTS, do you think I should continue with NNAS given that I'm not RN and no working experience or should I study here again (which is expensive and takes longer)? I would highly appreciate if someone can advise or maybe with similar situation? Thank you.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I need help and insights.

I graduated BSN at Philippines last 2011 but was not able to take the licensure exam since I moved out the country (Dubai) right after graduation. I moved here in Canada (BC) last 2015 and wanted to continued my nursing career. I am planning to have the assessment with NNAS. Aside from CELBAN/IELTS, do you think I should continue with NNAS given that I'm not RN and no working experience or should I study here again (which is expensive and takes longer)? I would highly appreciate if someone can advise or maybe with similar situation? Thank you.
I would study again if I were you. It's terrible, but it might take an equal amount of time. Since you don't have a nursing license anywhere, they are unlikely to allow you to get a license. They will now let you do IENCAP, I'm sure, but it will be too difficult to pass without any recent nursing work experience. Do you have a nursing licence in Dubai?

Alphy Antony

Jul 13, 2018
mississauga
Hi all Need help
i am an ien from India already applied in NNAS in april now waiting for report . But by AUGUST i will have a 3 year gap in practice ,i have worked in INDIA for 4 years after graduating ,i have applied for both RN and RPN IN ontario. Can anyone help me with some insight what will happen next,what i can study or prepare. I cannot go back to India for practice now. IS there any other way or programs i can study meanwhile.Please HELP

Alphy Antony

Jul 13, 2018
mississauga
i have done withNNAS evaluation for RN...
they issued me advisory report..few days ago
if i want to start my file for RPN ...
so we have to submit all documents and transcripts again to NNAS from our back home college and from employment or they dont need documents again because we already submitted to them for RN time?
any one knows?
yes you will have to submit every documents again for rpn with fees

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi all Need help
i am an ien from India already applied in NNAS in april now waiting for report . But by AUGUST i will have a 3 year gap in practice ,i have worked in INDIA for 4 years after graduating ,i have applied for both RN and RPN IN ontario. Can anyone help me with some insight what will happen next,what i can study or prepare. I cannot go back to India for practice now. IS there any other way or programs i can study meanwhile.Please HELP
You might as well start a nursing program here in Canada, since your 3 year practice gap will be in effect by the time you get your NNAS Advisory Report back. Or, go to another province where they allow a 5 year practice gap.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Thanks for the replies. I might try apply for the rpn since NNAS has most of my documents.

With CNO assuming I passed the jurisprudence, Ielts and sent the job description, do they ask for more information for the RPN? Or do they just re-evaluate the education and send you off to do the exam?
I believe for NNAS , at the time of application , you need to select RPN & RN assessment together . I think , you can not select later on for RPN or you need to provide all sets of documents again.Maybe you can if your application is under progress.PLEASE DO CHECK WITH NNAS

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I would study again if I were you. It's terrible, but it might take an equal amount of time. Since you don't have a nursing license anywhere, they are unlikely to allow you to get a license. They will now let you do IENCAP, I'm sure, but it will be too difficult to pass without any recent nursing work experience. Do you have a nursing licence in Dubai?
Exactly. It means you have not done nursing anywhere. You are fresh so I am afraid you need to study from zero.

Reactions: RN_0001

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Hi all Need help
There are courses which are specifically for practice gaps candidates so that this deficiency can be met.

Alphy Antony

Jul 13, 2018
mississauga
You might as well start a nursing program here in Canada, since your 3 year practice gap will be in effect by the time you get your NNAS Advisory Report back. Or, go to another province where they allow a 5 year practice gap.
thank for the help but the problem is i cant go to other province ,my family is here and for starting the programs again we need a letter from CNo i guess

nebahl84

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
sure...
u passed your ielts exam ?
I have not given IELTS exam, CNO will let me know. write now i have not received any letter from CNO what next step. may be they will send back to school. or exam no idea. they always need ILETS score 6 months old. so no point to give at this stage

Hamiltonnurse

Jul 21, 2018
Hi I received NNAS repost SOmewhat Comparable for RN , I am RPN in Ontario for 3 years now ,is anyone has the same report from NNAS? and what is step you have to take , appreciate for all response thanks in advance.:)

Last edited: