+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name switched on TRV

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
That explains why your TRV was issued the way it was issued
I actually know someone who had their full name listed as last name (and no given names) on one of their permits or a visa. CIC do indeed commit these stupid mistakes more often than you think. They had it corrected back then IIRC (though it was months later and even reentered with it).

For OP, just FYI looks to me that if you call someone they'll tell you to contact CIC and correct it. This is probably the kind of situation where your best chance is not to ask in advance if you wanna do it.

I'd call CIC and see what they say, since you're in Canada and can get a human on the phone.

Sunny9893

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
I actually know someone who had their full name listed as last name (and no given names) on one of their permits or a visa. CIC do indeed commit these stupid mistakes more often than you think. They had it corrected back then IIRC (though it was months later and even reentered with it).

For OP, just FYI looks to me that if you call someone they'll tell you to contact CIC and correct it. This is probably the kind of situation where your best chance is not to ask in advance if you wanna do it.

I'd call CIC and see what they say, since you're in Canada and can get a human on the phone.
So, you mean I can’t travel outside if this will be not correct until

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
So, you mean I can’t travel outside if this will be not correct until
The correct answer is yes. Although the restriction is on re-entry not travel. You're always free to leave. Now there's a possibility you'll be let in. After all the visa stamp is just a poster and what matters is the numbers and ID on it that are used to look you up on the system. If what's recorded is correct then the border agent might not even notice. Note that I usually cross the border driving, however. That's a lot more volume, making it much casual than airport officials who seem to be selected based on being mundane, tedious and anal. Let alone airline employees as well who might not let you board.

Safest thing is to just call IRCC and bite the bullet, waiting for a 2-3 months to get it back corrected. If you absolutely cannot wait then to maximize chances I wouldn't call the border or anyone beforehand especially if you're just driving.