+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name switched on TRV

Sunny9893

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hi, i have doubt on my TRV stamp. I applied for TRV and send my passport. Application was approved and i got my passport with new TRV stamp with new expiration date but when i noticed before on my TRV stamp my name is like surname , first name as usual but now, in surname section my full name is mentioned and first name section is empty. Is there any issue if i try to re-enter in canada ? Can anyone please help me ? I really need help because i have to travel outside of canada.

Last edited:

Manpreet_2233

Nov 2, 2017
Hi, i have doubt on my TRV stamp. I applied for TRV and send my passport. Application was approved and i got my passport with new TRV stamp with new expiration date but when i noticed before on my TRV stamp my name is like surname , first name as usual but now, in surname section my full name is mentioned and first name section is empty. Is there any issue if i try to re-enter in canada ? Can anyone please help me ? I really need help because i have to travel outside of canada.
Could be. you should send IRCC web form about your concern.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You need to check:
1. How your name appears in your passport
2. How you filled your name in the TRV application form

Sunny9893

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
You need to check:
1. How your name appears in your passport
2. How you filled your name in the TRV application form
On passport surname and given name wisely mentioned and i filled my name on application my full name together in fisrt column

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oh i see, so can I travel outside canada if i want with this TRV or it will create any problem when CBSA officer asked about visa after returning back ?
It won't be a problem as long as the name/spelling matches your passport.

You could try requesting the visa office to re-stamp your visa with the correct name/family name as per your passport. Not sure if they will accept your request, but you can certainly try

Sunny9893

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
It won't be a problem as long as the name/spelling matches your passport.

You could try requesting the visa office to re-stamp your visa with the correct name/family name as per your passport. Not sure if they will accept your request, but you can certainly try
What if i confirm from CBSA office it would be okay or not? Because when we have to enter they have to check so is it okay ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
What if i confirm from CBSA office it would be okay or not? Because when we have to enter they have to check so is it okay ?
Your TRV must be acceptable to airline officials so that you can first board the flight. CBSA is on the distant horizon until you board the flight

Sunny9893

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Your TRV must be acceptable to airline officials so that you can first board the flight. CBSA is on the distant horizon until you board the flight
Oh, So you mean i will also have to confirm from airline in which i have to travel right ?