+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name spelling and WES

GoodGal

Sep 5, 2011
Hello,

I'm bout to send my educational form to my university in order for them to sign it and mail it with my transcripts to WES.

The problem is that when i was younger, i used to hyphanate my last name, something that i no longer do. My degrees all show the hyphanated last name, and ive already filled out the form with my non hyphanated surname.

Will this be a problem for my uni and WES and CIC? I read on WES form that the dob and the spelling on recorded academic records are the ones that will appear on the report.

what should I do?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WES will validate your academic credentials "as-they-are" and confirm their Canadian validity. If your last name was hyphenated while in college, that's how it will appear in WES report as well. So not a problem as far as WES is concerned.

CIC will be concerned about this only after you get an ITA and submit your documents - at that time you can include your reasoning in the letter of explanation that is provided for such purposes.

Crunchuu

Nov 25, 2017
Is there a need to add an affidavit or simply explain it in LOE would work? Can you suggest a sample text in this regards?