+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name and DOB issue - please advise

chennai22canada

Apr 8, 2015
Hi,

Heres the situation,

My name on my degree cerificate is Jeff A but on my passport it is Jeff Anderson
Date Of Birth on my degree certificate is 26th June 1986 but on my birth certificate and passport it is 16th June 1986 (which is correct)

While applying for transcripts and WES (Academic Recors Request Form) at my university I explained to them about the wrong DOB on the degree certificate and so they accepted my Birth Certificate as a DOB proof.

on the WES - Academic Records Request Form I have mentioned that my First Name is Jeff and Last Name as Anderson. Under 'Previous Name (if applicable)' box I have mentioned Jeff A.Is this the correct way to fill the form ?

Will the wrong DOB on my degree certificate cause any issue ? Will I need to provide any additional documents to prove it.

Please help.Thank you.

Gustcan

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Your documents need to consistent. IN north america, DOB has a lot of significance. Get your reports corrected.

ChandruBaktha

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
4th Draw 27-02-2015
AOR Received.
16-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
first change your DOB in the Passport, show the date of birth certificate and education certificate, to the Passport office and explain them, if you have the DOB certificate, they will accept to change the DOB

your Name Jeff A / Jeff Anderson is not a issue, because normally in the Indian Education certificate they mention only initial of the last name, in the passport they expand your last name

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
ChandruBaktha said:
first change your DOB in the Passport, show the date of birth certificate and education certificate, to the Passport office and explain them, if you have the DOB certificate, they will accept to change the DOB

your Name Jeff A / Jeff Anderson is not a issue, because normally in the Indian Education certificate they mention only initial of the last name, in the passport they expand your last name
I disagree with Chandru, In India all educ. institutions provide complete first name and complete last name. Also here the compliance is with CIC and not any institution within India so getting only the initial of last name will cause conflict with other documents like birth certificate and passport.

@chennai2canada:
1. Get educational certificates name at per with passport
2. Get date of birth in educational certificate at per with birth certificate.

ChandruBaktha

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
4th Draw 27-02-2015
AOR Received.
16-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Dear SMCANADAVISA,

it is not possible to change the name and DOB in the Certificate, i don't know about other state certificate name format, my Education certificates are belongs to Tamilnadu state, it shows only my first name, and last name initial "CHANDRU B"

THE SUPER KING

Oct 5, 2012
HYDERABAD INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ChandruBaktha said:
Dear SMCANADAVISA,

it is not possible to change the name and DOB in the Certificate, i don't know about other state certificate name format, my Education certificates are belongs to Tamilnadu state, it shows only my first name, and last name initial "CHANDRU B"
Chandru me also disagree on you.

My suggestion: Do not change the educational documents, its lengthy process SSC onwards,

Try changing the passport (re issue it) there is provision for to change it for wrong dob.

Try changing your dob certificate (re issue) there is also provision to change it for wrong dob.

Note: CIC never accept different dob on important documents it could be the result of rejection, don't go for WES and don't submit your documents for Canada immigration (including EE also) till you get the correct documents with correct dob.

Maintain your same name on passport (it is better if you can) as it appears on educational documents prefer SSC certificate if you are going to re issue your passport.

Hope this helps you.

chennai22canada

Apr 8, 2015
THE SUPER KING said:
Chandru me also disagree on you.

My suggestion: Do not change the educational documents, its lengthy process SSC onwards,

Try changing the passport (re issue it) there is provision for to change it for wrong dob.

Try changing your dob certificate (re issue) there is also provision to change it for wrong dob.

Note: CIC never accept different dob on important documents it could be the result of rejection, don't go for WES and don't submit your documents for Canada immigration (including EE also) till you get the correct documents with correct dob.

Maintain your same name on passport (it is better if you can) as it appears on educational documents prefer SSC certificate if you are going to re issue your passport.

Hope this helps you.
Thank you for your reply.I will start working on changing my name.Will let you guys know how it does.

chennai22canada

Apr 8, 2015
After visting the University and the passport office I have decided to change my DOB on the birth certificate itself.Ones I get my DOB changed on my birth certificate from 16th june to 26th june, I will use this as a proof of DOB to reissue my driving license and PAN card.Finally I will apply to reissue my passport with the new DOB after paying a penalty.Some things I learnt in the process.

1.In India, the passport officer will only accept your Birth Certificate as proof of DOB.
2.If you change the DOB on the passport there will be a fine imposed for providing false information initially.
3.It is close to impossible to change the DOB on your 10th/12th or degree certificate.
4.Any mismatch of name or DOB will raise a big red flag by CIC
5.It is normal that your name will show up as 'Jeff A' when your actual full name is 'Jeff Anderson'
6.To change/reissue your DOB you need to go to a court/lawyer and file a petition.Your parents or elder sibling will have to appear in court to state that the correct DOB.

Thanks guys for your help.I hope things go through smoothly. :p

faheem224

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
HYDERABAD
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chennai22canada said:
After visting the University and the passport office I have decided to change my DOB on the birth certificate itself.Ones I get my DOB changed on my birth certificate from 16th june to 26th june, I will use this as a proof of DOB to reissue my driving license and PAN card.Finally I will apply to reissue my passport with the new DOB after paying a penalty.Some things I learnt in the process.

1.In India, the passport officer will only accept your Birth Certificate as proof of DOB.
2.If you change the DOB on the passport there will be a fine imposed for providing false information initially.
3.It is close to impossible to change the DOB on your 10th/12th or degree certificate.
4.Any mismatch of name or DOB will raise a big red flag by CIC
5.It is normal that your name will show up as 'Jeff A' when your actual full name is 'Jeff Anderson'
6.To change/reissue your DOB you need to go to a court/lawyer and file a petition.Your parents or elder sibling will have to appear in court to state that the correct DOB.

Thanks guys for your help.I hope things go through smoothly. :p
Hey its impossible to change DOB on birth certificate ......for that you have to provide ur proof of birth and make lot of document and get the affadavit attested from magistrate i guess.
Even i tried the same but unsuccessful...

timtoms

Apr 22, 2015
I sent a query to WES, about similar issue.
They responded saying that the name in the educational document(Degree certificate) will appear in the WES ECA report...irrespective of what we filled in WES site...

ChandruBaktha

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
4th Draw 27-02-2015
AOR Received.
16-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
I agree with chennai22canada , you can get the New DOB certificate through Court order , because i did the same thing, and i got the new DOB certificate

eyoatam

Sep 20, 2015
timtoms said:
I sent a query to WES, about similar issue.
They responded saying that the name in the educational document(Degree certificate) will appear in the WES ECA report...irrespective of what we filled in WES site...
hey timtoms
i send an inquiry to WES too, but mine is looking to change my DOB. the edu doc has the correct DOB but the report took my DOB from the site and made the report. can i have the report changed???

travelerscove

Apr 5, 2017
Dubai
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
eyoatam said:
hey timtoms
i send an inquiry to WES too, but mine is looking to change my DOB. the edu doc has the correct DOB but the report took my DOB from the site and made the report. can i have the report changed???
Hi , Can anyone help me on this, i believe the same has happened in my case. By mistake i had written wrong DOB in the WES account and the same is mentioned in the ECA report. Do we need to resubmit the application to WES or send me a mail stating the same to change the DOB details. I have already uploaded my ECA (in the spouse education) as my wife is primary candidate. Please advise how to proceed. thanks.