+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

nairobi visa office spouse sponsorship application -2017 Timeline

Libz1001

Mar 30, 2018
Hi guys my spouse's application was forwarded to the visa office in Nairobi on December 7th 2017 and then got an invitation to pre arrival services on Jan 13th 2018 after which I haven't heard from them since and when we check her application status it says "You do not need a medical exam"... I was wondering if anyone might have gone through a similar situation maybe you guys can help me out I'd really appreciate it

Manal90

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Hi guys my spouse's application was forwarded to the visa office in Nairobi on December 7th 2017 and then got an invitation to pre arrival services on Jan 13th 2018 after which I haven't heard from them since and when we check her application status it says "You do not need a medical exam"... I was wondering if anyone might have gone through a similar situation maybe you guys can help me out I'd really appreciate it
It's too early for you to worry, Nairobi VO is very slow and you need to be patient. we applied in June of 2016 and still waiting. 2 months away for a 2 yr mark and it's a spouse sponsorship.

christian_t

Oct 16, 2017
Sorry, my friend for responding too late. I don't know whether you checked my " about me" section under every message I posted. If you saw it, then there is all the timeline and information you want to know but if you haven't seen it yet, you can find it there under every message. Just click the "Click to expand..." red link and everything is there. I also copied and pasted it here for your convenience.

Application type: Family class sponsorship (Spouse sponsorship)
Country of application: Ethiopia
Visa Office: Nairobi, Kenya

Application sent: July 23, 2017
Received: July 25, 2017
AOR 1: Sep 06, 2017 (UCI and file number)
GCKEY Link: Sep 07, 2017
Sch A and PCC request: Sep 07,2017
Sch A and PCC submitted: Sep 13, 2017
Sponsor approval: Sep 15,2017
File transfer to VO: Sep 21, 2017
Medical Passes: Dec 21, 2017
PPR: Dec 22, 2017
DM: Jan 11, 2018
Passport return: Jan 16, 2018
Landed: Feb 05,2018

If you have any specific questions, then let me know it ok. I am more than happy to share if that helps you.

Good luck.
Thanks for getting back to me with such a useful information. The current status of my application indicates that I have passed the medical. I have one more question for you. Did you have to go through an interview process? If so, in how long after the medical pass did they call you for an interview? How do they notify you for the interview?

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
Thanks for getting back to me with such a useful information. The current status of my application indicates that I have passed the medical. I have one more question for you. Did you have to go through an interview process? If so, in how long after the medical pass did they call you for an interview? How do they notify you for the interview?

Hey there,
Congrats for the medical.
Aout an interview, to be honest I haven't come across with anyone who were asked for an interview and I don't think you will also be asked unless there is a specific case.
I am not saying there isn't an interview at all but it is very rear. So, don't worry and relax ok.
Good luck and i hope you will join your loved one soon.
Let me know if there is anything you need to know. I am willing to help if I know it.

christian_t

Oct 16, 2017
Hey there,
Aout an interview, to be honest I haven't come across with anyone who were asked for an interview and I don't think you will also be asked unless there is a specific case.
I am not saying there isn't an interview at all but it is very rear. So, don't worry and relax ok.
Let me know if there is anything you need to know. I am willing to help if I know it.
Thank you very much for the information for your good wishes. I really appreciate it. It is very nice of you. I will let you know if I have any question and I will update you on my case. May God shower you with His blessings!

Mo Fiqi

Feb 20, 2017
Hey guys.

My file was transferred to Nairobi Office on May 11 2018 and I am kinda lil crazy situation here. I got a scholarship in another country and the program starts in september so i was wondering if i can postpone my pr application or if i should give try and see if they can grant me z pr before september. Any advice???

Chiri

Feb 16, 2018
Hello! We also had our application moved to Nairobi VO on 8th June 2018. Just wanting to know how your application went so far. I hear Nairobi is a slow VO.. good luck

christian_t

Oct 16, 2017
Hey there,
I have not yet heard anything from the visa office after the medical passes which was on May 14, 2018. I have one more question for you. How did they contact you for passport request? Did they call you over the phone or did they e-mail you a document or did they contact you through the online profile? Thanks.

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
I have not yet heard anything from the visa office after the medical passes which was on May 14, 2018. I have one more question for you. How did they contact you for passport request? Did they call you over the phone or did they e-mail you a document or did they contact you through the online profile? Thanks.
I am sure they contacted you through your account for your medical request, at least that was the case for me, and they will do the same for the passport request as well. I am not sure about your contrieco specific case but in my case they expect us to send the passport before the deadline through VAC (Visa application centre) and that same office give me back the passport after the visa was issued.

Keiramumanyi

Aug 23, 2018
Hi there, I applied for PR in March 2018, AOR 1 received in April and application was received in Nairobi office in May. I received my request for medical May 28, completed June 7th.

Waiting to hear back on RPP. Anyone receive a RPP? I am so anxious it is taking long.

Manal90

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Hi there, I applied for PR in March 2018, AOR 1 received in April and application was received in Nairobi office in May. I received my request for medical May 28, completed June 7th.

Waiting to hear back on RPP. Anyone receive a RPP? I am so anxious it is taking long.
So long?.my husband is been waiting for 28 months and still waiting. U should not even complains.

Keiramumanyi

Aug 23, 2018
So long?.my husband is been waiting for 28 months and still waiting. U should not even complains.
Wow! I think it is also on case by case as I know two families that had theirs complete in under 8months then there are extreme cases like your husband. Since you are past the 12 months they are required to process, have you reached out to your local MP in Canada to ask for the reason your application is taking so long?

Patient2019

Feb 2, 2019
Wow! I think it is also on case by case as I know two families that had theirs complete in under 8months then there are extreme cases like your husband. Since you are past the 12 months they are required to process, have you reached out to your local MP in Canada to ask for the reason your application is taking so long?
Hey Keira
Did your husband make it?
I have a similar case... of my wife's application in Nairobi V.O, they received the medicals on the 4th of January 2019 Then they've gone quiet.
Would you know how long it takes for PPR?
THANK YOU

Chiri

Feb 16, 2018
Hey guys!
Anybody know how long it takes in the Nairobi V.O, after they receive medicals.
Thanks
Thus may be a late reply but here is our time line for Nairoibi Visa office

Application received 20th April
AOR 1 25th May
SA 1st June
File transfer to Nairobi Visa Office 8th June
Started processing ( AOR 2) 15th June
Medical request 16th Aug
Request for additional documents ( Original Marriage Cert) 16th Aug
Medicals done 30th Aug
Additional Documents delivered by courier 7th Sep
Medical passed 7th Sep