N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
Hi everyone
I was looking for a thread which can help me to follow some other peoples timeline, by far i can't find one like mine. :confused: that is why i started this one, so anyone who want to follow, participate or comment you are most welcomed. btw if there is any thread already created which suits my case then please don't hesitate to redirect me there ok.
Here is my case

Application type: Family class sponsorship ( Spouse sponsorship to be exact )
Country of application: Ethiopia
Visa Office: Nairobi, Kenya

I first send my application on June 19, 2017 and was received on June 26, 2017 but it was returned to my sponsor's mail address on July 14, 2017 :mad: because of two reasons, (1) they stated that the photo we send isn't as instructed on the photo instruction section plus (2) we were suppose to include the recent "Notice of assessment" for my spouse which we fail to do so.

Therefore, we include the required documents plus change some updated forms then resubmitted our application on July 26, 2017.

On September 06, 2017 cic sent me an email with UCI number and application number together with an instruction on how to link my application with an online account to continue the process. So i created the online account using the information provided on the email (i.e UCI and application number) and link my application on September 07, 2017. Right after i link the application, i find a pdf file which required me to attach 2 additional documents to my account, (1) Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669), and the second one is (2) police certificate. I filled the form and get my police certificate as quick as possible and attached them to my account on September 13, 2017.

On September 21, 2017 cic Mississauga office send an email to my sponsor to grant eligibility to sponsor plus sent an attachment that said "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in Nairobi for further processing." with some other details. There are some minor changes on the online account so far but not anything critical.

This is everything about my case, and waiting for yours to share and i will update this when ever there is a change.
Thanks for sharing and good luck for all of us.
Finger crossed :)

Reactions: christian_t
Oct 28, 2017
Application sent on may 8,2017

Application received on may 9,2017

Pcc and schedule A on june 19,2017

Received on june 25,2017

You met the requirements as sponsor eligibility and sent visa office at Nairobi further processing July 10,2017

Medical request on October 11,2017

Not yet received medical just waiting for update

Lonelywyf

Oct 15, 2017
Hi.
We have a similar applications, same visa office and my hubby is also applying from Ethiopia. But we applied in Jun, 2016 and still waiting. Nairobi is one of the slowest VO. Terrible service. I hope and pray for good news soon. Can't take this wait anymore

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
it is good to see you guys, welcome on board :D
let us keep updating when ever this is some change plus when they request for additional info cause it can be a heads up for the rest of the group.

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
Hi.
We have a similar applications, same visa office and my hubby is also applying from Ethiopia. But we applied in Jun, 2016 and still waiting. Nairobi is one of the slowest VO. Terrible service. I hope and pray for good news soon. Can't take this wait anymore
Hey my men sorry to here that but do you mean June, 2017 instead of June, 2016??? cause as i can see form the processing time for nairobi visa office, they say that majority of application are processed in less than 12months.

but if you still are 2016 batch then give us the details.

Lonelywyf

Oct 15, 2017
Hey my men sorry to here that but do you mean June, 2017 instead of June, 2016??? cause as i can see form the processing time for nairobi visa office, they say that majority of application are processed in less than 12months.

but if you still are 2016 batch then give us the details.
Yes, We applied on June 6th, 2016. It's been in process for 15 months. I don't know why it's taking such a long time.

Last correspondence we had with NBI VO was two months ago. They say that our file is "under active officer review". I don't know what means but am frustrated with them

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
Yes, We applied on June 6th, 2016. It's been in process for 15 months. I don't know why it's taking such a long time.

Last correspondence we had with NBI VO was two months ago. They say that our file is "under active officer review". I don't know what means but am frustrated with them
it is insane!!! how come it takes them this long?
anyways do you make an enquiry? they should inform you why it takes them this long? i think you can do that. As they stated on their website, you can make an enquiry if "Your application has exceeded normal processing times" unless there is case specific situation.
here i attach you a link on which you can make this enquiry, i mean if you haven't used it yet.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
here is my Application current status (online)

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

kaich1

Oct 31, 2015
Timeline - visa office: Nairobi, Kenya.

Permanent residence

We received PA for permanent residence on April 18, 2017.
We started processing PA application on August 14, 2017.
Medical results have been received September 28/2017.
Received PPR letter October 11/2017.
PPR returned October 18/2017.
Family coming to Canada December 2017.

I hope everything goes fast for your guys..

sincerely

Mkenya

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
Timeline - visa office: Nairobi, Kenya.

Permanent residence

We received PA for permanent residence on April 18, 2017.
We started processing PA application on August 14, 2017.
Medical results have been received September 28/2017.
Received PPR letter October 11/2017.
PPR returned October 18/2017.
Family coming to Canada December 2017.

I hope everything goes fast for your guys..

sincerely

Mkenya
Congrats kaich1
it is really a good news. your application took exactly 6months and i think that is the fastest i heard so far.
Was it a family class application? if yes, then can you give us this details

Received:
AOR 1:
GCKEY Link :
Sch A and PCC request:
Sch A and PCC submitted:
Sponsor approval:
File transfer to VO :
AOR2:
Med Req:
Med done:
Med pass:
and others

Thanks in advance and wish you a smooth settlement there.

asmarino

Dec 22, 2017
Hi everyone
I was looking for a thread which can help me to follow some other peoples timeline, by far i can't find one like mine. :confused: that is why i started this one, so anyone who want to follow, participate or comment you are most welcomed. btw if there is any thread already created which suits my case then please don't hesitate to redirect me there ok.
Here is my case

I first send my application on June 19, 2017 and was received on June 26, 2017 but it was returned to my sponsor's mail address on July 14, 2017 :mad: because of two reasons, (1) they stated that the photo we send isn't as instructed on the photo instruction section plus (2) we were suppose to include the recent "Notice of assessment" for my spouse which we fail to do so.

Therefore, we include the required documents plus change some updated forms then resubmitted our application on July 26, 2017.

On September 06, 2017 cic sent me an email with UCI number and application number together with an instruction on how to link my application with an online account to continue the process. So i created the online account using the information provided on the email (i.e UCI and application number) and link my application on September 07, 2017. Right after i link the application, i find a pdf file which required me to attach 2 additional documents to my account, (1) Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669), and the second one is (2) police certificate. I filled the form and get my police certificate as quick as possible and attached them to my account on September 13, 2017.

On September 21, 2017 cic Mississauga office send an email to my sponsor to grant eligibility to sponsor plus sent an attachment that said "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in Nairobi for further processing." with some other details. There are some minor changes on the online account so far but not anything critical.

This is everything about my case, and waiting for yours to share and i will update this when ever there is a change.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hi thereAny updates on ur application

Hi there!
I just found this thread yay .....
I'm also sponsoring a spouse and the visa office is Kenya. Our Gckey says the same thing as your status. I see you posted this back in Oct and I would love to hear your update on the application since then if you don't mind....
Thanks!

christian_t

Oct 16, 2017
Hi everyone
Here is my case

Any updates on your application. I am on the same stage of the process as yours stated above. They sent me an e-mail today stating that my application has been forwarded to the visa office in Nairobi. Can you please give me updates on you application status so that I can know how long it takes me after now. If you process is done, how long did it take them to finish it after this stage?

buhe

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
25-07- 2017
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
05-02-2018
Any updates on your application. I am on the same stage of the process as yours stated above. They sent me an e-mail today stating that my application has been forwarded to the visa office in Nairobi. Can you please give me updates on you application status so that I can know how long it takes me after now. If you process is done, how long did it take them to finish it after this stage?

Sorry, my friend for responding too late. I don't know whether you checked my " about me" section under every message I posted. If you saw it, then there is all the timeline and information you want to know but if you haven't seen it yet, you can find it there under every message. Just click the "Click to expand..." red link and everything is there. I also copied and pasted it here for your convenience.

Application type: Family class sponsorship (Spouse sponsorship)

Application sent: July 23, 2017
Received: July 25, 2017
AOR 1: Sep 06, 2017 (UCI and file number)
GCKEY Link: Sep 07, 2017
Sch A and PCC request: Sep 07,2017
Sch A and PCC submitted: Sep 13, 2017
Sponsor approval: Sep 15,2017
File transfer to VO: Sep 21, 2017
Medical Passes: Dec 21, 2017
PPR: Dec 22, 2017
DM: Jan 11, 2018
Passport return: Jan 16, 2018
Landed: Feb 05,2018

If you have any specific questions, then let me know it ok. I am more than happy to share if that helps you.

Good luck.

Reactions: Mariebelmont