+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship 2019/2020

Kencanadian

Feb 25, 2021
Thank you..it sure is a big relief. It took a week exactly, most time was during mailing. Vac gives updates so the day someone opened it, it was mailed back the same day.

Reactions: Neema1

Canjeero

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Ontario, Canada
On ECAS my wife side it says application started on Dec 5,2020 and she got DM and SA on Sep, and file transfered to Nairobi visa office . I got biometric on April 26,2021 and i am done on May 3,2020 but i got update on ECAS "we started your application on October 25,2021" my question is who send me biometric before they started my application? and after two days i got medical request and i passed medical and they updated on my Gckey on November 4,2021 so how many months i will wait to get passport request or ppr? Eligilbility reivew not yet started, any experiance
What delayed your application in the beginning? The main office in Sydney sends the biometric and police requests, then once it transfers to Nairobi, the office there starts processing the PA side by sending them the medical request. After that they start assessing eligibility around two to three weeks after the medical exam. Then the security check follows, and depending on how long that takes, the PR should follow afterwards. They may also request information about Principle Applicant more as well, once the processing begins in Nairobi.

Thankful94

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
What delayed your application in the beginning? The main office in Sydney sends the biometric and police requests, then once it transfers to Nairobi, the office there starts processing the PA side by sending them the medical request. After that they start assessing eligibility around two to three weeks after the medical exam. Then the security check follows, and depending on how long that takes, the PR should follow afterwards. They may also request information about Principle Applicant more as well, once the processing begins in Nairobi.
Hey !
Any updates with your application. I hope you get it soon !

Neema1

Jun 28, 2021
They should be aware of these situations. It’s sad that Kenya is the one of the slowest VO if not the slowest. Most of the people I know who applied for their ppr during the summer from other VO’s.
It is very sad that instead of reuniting families fast, they are keeping families away from each other for very long... I wish they would knew/understood the struggles people go through living worlds apart, maybe they would reconsider their pace.

Reactions: Thankful94