+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship 2019/2020

Tewe

Oct 1, 2019
mine is almost 19 month app received july 25 2019 medical feb4 passed feb 17 2019 bio oct 2019 intervew feb 12 2019 still watting dm medical is going to exipired tommrow

Tewe

Oct 1, 2019
nirobi visa office they working 2020 app while app 2019 didn’t finilize this relly unacceptable

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
I would go to local MP and explain my situation. This is almost 2 years. Send your story to local newspapers too.
MP wasn’t that helpful can not intervene to process faster. Only can give updates/Status they keep telling Covid delays. I’m not alone, applicants from June/July/Aug2019 are in backlog

Tewe

Oct 1, 2019
i got response when i ask them through mp
Good Day,

This is the response our office has received from IRCC.

We can provide you with the following details for your constituent about the status of an application to sponsor a spouse living outside Canada
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on July 25, 2019.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on October 03, 2019.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant is still in process at the Canadian visa office in Nairobi, Kenya.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until February 17, 2021, for the applicant.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • If the application is approved:
    • the applicant will need to send their passport to the Canadian visa office, and
    • the officer will affix a visa (if applicable) in the applicant’s passport and will issue the confirmation of permanent residence document which the applicant will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.

Tewe

Oct 1, 2019
for how long is giong to wait i’m done watting know almost 11 month no update even refuse is an answe why the vo keep holding 2019 app and process 2020

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
for how long is giong to wait i’m done watting know almost 11 month no update even refuse is an answe why the vo keep holding 2019 app and process 2020
I think they want to meet their processing target which is one year for spouse sponsorship program. If your AOR is from 2019, you are already above the one year. But the minister is under a lot of pressure for Spouse sponsorship, so I am sure they will get to you guys (2019 AOR) soon. They cannot ignore you because of MP pressure. Unlike other categories that do not have anyone in Canada that speak for them.

I don't understand what they are busy with. They are not processing economic category because of travel restrictions on this category. I guess student applications also declined due to Covid.

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
i got response when i ask them through mp
Good Day,

This is the response our office has received from IRCC.

We can provide you with the following details for your constituent about the status of an application to sponsor a spouse living outside Canada
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on July 25, 2019.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on October 03, 2019.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant is still in process at the Canadian visa office in Nairobi, Kenya.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until February 17, 2021, for the applicant.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • If the application is approved:
    • the applicant will need to send their passport to the Canadian visa office, and
    • the officer will affix a visa (if applicable) in the applicant’s passport and will issue the confirmation of permanent residence document which the applicant will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.
Do you have concern about the interview?
It seems your eligibility has not been passed?

MahdiMo

Oct 8, 2020
I wasn't able to login under services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security to check the status. So I went and created an account to link the applications.
I saw this but but no email or mail after this . Please advice
Application status
A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Latest update:
Final decision - January 18, 2021:We regret to inform you that your application was refused. We will send you a letter or email with details.

Can they refuse and not send any reason why. Or is this a glitch the update is for something else.