Med's Request
May.2012
Med's Done....
sep.2012
LANDED..........
only God knows
payalsevak2610 said:
Hey Gashe4peace,

mine are 65 days since submitted passports, but nothing new to hear from chc nvo. hoping for the best. i think this month will bring pps back, by god grace.
i submitted passport on Sep 13.2012 and medical reached to London on Sep.24, so we R almost in the same time frame.

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
Congratulations to Clon and best wishes to gashe4peace.!!

I'd appreciate if you can tell us how long it took after PCC/Medicals to get the visa in your case and how long did NVO kept your passports in their possession to issue the visa.

I've been wondering that if NVO retains passports for months and months to stamp the visa, what would any applicant do in case it's required to travel overseas or if there is any urgency?

best wishes...

gashe4peace

Jul 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 15/2010
Doc's Request.
Dec.2010
Med's Request
May.2012
Med's Done....
sep.2012
LANDED..........
only God knows
mr_rana said:
Congratulations to Clon and best wishes to gashe4peace.!!

I'd appreciate if you can tell us how long it took after PCC/Medicals to get the visa in your case and how long did NVO kept your passports in their possession to issue the visa.

I've been wondering that if NVO retains passports for months and months to stamp the visa, what would any applicant do in case it's required to travel overseas or if there is any urgency?

best wishes...
hello mr- rana
From my observation 90days is average and it could be different for Nairobi VO. I think @ this stage we need huge patience and concentration for our transitional assignment.
best wishes
gashe

Salsher

Oct 11, 2012
Hi Gashe / Payal.
Am also in same timelines as you, submitted PPs on 12th September 2012.
I need my PP to travel in Dec so I visited the VO last week on Thursday and the person at the reception told me there would be no point enquiring about my case because its PR.
She also said that usually the VO will not stay with the PP for more than 3 months unless there are some issues with ones case e.g re-medicals.
I met with PRs collecting their PPs with Visa so keep the faith up!
Am praying for God's grace and patient to wait til 12th Dec max...

gashe4peace

Jul 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 15/2010
Doc's Request.
Dec.2010
Med's Request
May.2012
Med's Done....
sep.2012
LANDED..........
only God knows
Salsher said:
Hi Gashe / Payal.
Am also in same timelines as you, submitted PPs on 12th September 2012.
I need my PP to travel in Dec so I visited the VO last week on Thursday and the person at the reception told me there would be no point enquiring about my case because its PR.
She also said that usually the VO will not stay with the PP for more than 3 months unless there are some issues with ones case e.g re-medicals.
I met with PRs collecting their PPs with Visa so keep the faith up!
Am praying for God's grace and patient to wait til 12th Dec max...
hi salsher
U R welcome and thank you 4 uR information please keep update us.
regard

Eddream

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Hi All,

I second CACA's post regarding issuing visa in January 2013 by NVO.
Now it is official, as I did receive an e-mail from NVO that they will finalize the my case in January 2013 for operational requirement purposes and they were apologizing for the inconvenience.
I guess 2012 visa quota is full :( and all the oprations will resume after the new year

gashe4peace

Jul 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 15/2010
Doc's Request.
Dec.2010
Med's Request
May.2012
Med's Done....
sep.2012
LANDED..........
only God knows
Eddream said:
Hi All,

I second CACA's post regarding issuing visa in January 2013 by NVO.
Now it is official, as I did receive an e-mail from NVO that they will finalize the my case in January 2013 for operational requirement purposes and they were apologizing for the inconvenience.
I guess 2012 visa quota is full :( and all the oprations will resume after the new year
hello our gust
could you pls past the email and also detail your time frame when U submit application/passport?
i recently received email and that is seems to a standard replay for my CSE!
Every case has it's own reasons!
cheers
gashe

Salsher

Oct 11, 2012
Hi guys,
I called the VO today and although they are very non commital, I gathered that they had stopped processing the FSWs for sometime but the exercise is currently on going.
I asked if they had postphoned the cases to next year the answer was not Yes so. Don't loose faith keep on praying.
Someone else could also try and find out whats going on and update us please.

Eddream

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Salsher said:
Hi Eddream,
When did you submit your passport?
Hi Salsher,

I sent my passeport on OCtober 8th 2012 and I was hoping to have my passeport back before Xmas :(. I provided all the return labels electrronically.
It is unfortunate if they have to keep my passeport for more than 3 months with them just because the quota is full, I thouht when the passeport was requested, the visa is already accounted for?
One more question, when you send and e-mail to a specific case, is the e-mail forwarded to the agent that work on your file, or the inquiry is directed to any agent just like call centers?

Eddream

Star Member
May 28, 2012
gashe4peace said:
hello our gust
could you pls past the email and also detail your time frame when U submit application/passport?
i recently received email and that is seems to a standard replay for my CSE!
Every case has it's own reasons!
cheers
gashe
Hello Gashe,

Submitted passeport on Oct 8th, 2012.
Received an e-mail asking or return label a week after, I did send it electronically to them with my UPS account.
On Nov 5th, they sent me an e-mail saying due to operational requirements, my file will be finalized in Jan 2013.
Do you think that is genereric and they will still issue the visa? Didn't seem like it to me? I will try calling them tomorrow an see what is going on.

Salsher

Oct 11, 2012
Eddream said:
Hi Salsher,

I sent my passeport on OCtober 8th 2012 and I was hoping to have my passeport back before Xmas :(. I provided all the return labels electrronically.
It is unfortunate if they have to keep my passeport for more than 3 months with them just because the quota is full, I thouht when the passeport was requested, the visa is already accounted for?
One more question, when you send and e-mail to a specific case, is the e-mail forwarded to the agent that work on your file, or the inquiry is directed to any agent just like call centers?
Hi Eddream, I sent my PP on 12th September and there are others in this forum who sent theirs before September.
Three months for you will end 8th of January 2013 so I think the VO will still be in its 3 months timelines.
We may all be lucky to get back PPs before xmas that would be great.
Am not sure to whom the email response is sent to after an inquiry.

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
VO holding passport for 3 months seems unreasonable...what if someone has to travel in between??
I feel the passport must be asked only when VO is ready to issue the visa.

Also I was wondering in case of NVO if there is any specific week day when the application status is updated on CIC or it could be anytime?
Hope good news come to all of us..

rgds

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
Any reply to my earlier query?

Also I heard that in case PCC & Medicals have to be done together (PCC not submitted with application), the passport request happens later.

So how would generally Passport submission request comes from VO? By email or a letter?

thnx!