+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NAIROBI OUTLAND APPLICANTS 2016

Happymn

May 28, 2016
Ca-Ke said:
Hi everyone!

We sent our application in feb 2016. We received PPR june 08th and sent it june 11 with a prepaud courier and havent received it back nor have we received an email/phone call with updates. Tired of waiting....i sent an email inquiry however its been 3 weeks and havent heard anything back. Typically how long does it take to get Passport back? Ecas has been terrible at providing any info. It just says in process am just praying for some good news soon.

Congratulation for PPR , this was really fast!!!

Happymn

May 28, 2016
Hardcookie said:
Hi Ca-Ke,

I am not sure really.
They requested for mine on 15th with a few other documents which i am yet to gather. I will send them as soon as i get all of them.
Otherwise i hope you can get yours soon.

All the best!

hello Hardcookies, I am happy for you, this is giving a hope if you campare like us who got PPR 13 months after!! so be happy for what Nairobi is doing though the last step is taking long! for us , we sent the passport This week and got it back the following week!

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Happymn said:
hello Hardcookies, I am happy for you, this is giving a hope if you campare like us who got PPR 13 months after!! so be happy for what Nairobi is doing though the last step is taking long! for us , we sent the passport This week and got it back the following week!
I am super happy about PPR just itll be 60 days on Monday and we havent heard anything since.
Its just worrisome because my husband cant travel without it.

Happymn

May 28, 2016
I saw a few cases like that where they kept the Passport more than a month. but I don't think is a good idea. so can you email them and do a follow up?even explain the point of not being able to do any travel?most of the time they reply to emails if you do not have habit of sends a lot emails.

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Happymn said:
I saw a few cases like that where they kept the Passport more than a month. but I don't think is a good idea. so can you email them and do a follow up?even explain the point of not being able to do any travel?most of the time they reply to emails if you do not have habit of sends a lot emails.
I emailed them once to his email nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca and received no reply. My other
Option was to call them up.

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Happymn said:
Hopefully Im sending the email to the right person.

Happymn

May 28, 2016
Hahhaha, I sent like 3 or 4 which they replied like 2 of them. that was before my file be transferred to Daresalam!

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Happymn said:
Hahhaha, I sent like 3 or 4 which they replied like 2 of them. that was before my file be transferred to Daresalam!
How long did it take for them to respond and did you use the same email?

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Hardcookie said:
I tried 5 times and it failed. So i have to wait for 24 hours.
Hi Hardcookie hows it going ur process going ur end? Its still been quite for my end just waiting.... Patiently..

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
Ca-Ke said:
Hi Hardcookie hows it going ur process going ur end? Its still been quite for my end just waiting.... Patiently..
Hi Ca-Ke,

I know i have been quiet because its been a bit of a nightmare to get the police clearance for a dependent. I am hoping to submit it this week though. I will keep you updated guys. I strongly feel we are coming to the end of this long wait.

i hope all is well with you guys.

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Hardcookie said:
Hi Ca-Ke,

I know i have been quiet because its been a bit of a nightmare to get the police clearance for a dependent. I am hoping to submit it this week though. I will keep you updated guys. I strongly feel we are coming to the end of this long wait.

i hope all is well with you guys.
Goodluck hope u get the clearance soon! Its been quiet my end. Seems like the file is still under review. I havent received any updates. Im wondering if theyll even call/email to say the courier service needs to pick up the passport or will they contact them directly cause we gave them a prepaid courier coupon.

I must say waiting is starting to make me depressed and more worried.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
I have a question for you guys.

How does CSIS operate when they do their security checks on the PA? For instance, my wife is from Somaliland (northern part of Somalia) which is the most stable area of Somalia, tho it's not internationally recognized. The rest of Somalia is not stable. In fact, there are no satelite images of Somalia, and there are no embassies there.

On the CIC Website, it says applicants living in SOmaliland must contact the local authorities which is exactly what we did. Basically, they gave us a police certificate (issued by the Somali GOvernment) with her picture saying she has not commited any crimes before (btw she's just 19), and her PCC has NO expiry date. I was told a PCC must have a validity of 6m, but ours has no expiry date, I'm confused. I submitted that PCC in our original application.

So what I'm thinking is that her BCG is gonna say something like 'not traceble' because she has lived in SOmalia all of her life, and she has never left the country. And Somalia has no central Government.

How long do you think her BCG is gonna take?

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
momo2016 said:
I have a question for you guys.

How does CSIS operate when they do their security checks on the PA? For instance, my wife is from Somaliland (northern part of Somalia) which is the most stable area of Somalia, tho it's not internationally recognized. The rest of Somalia is not stable. In fact, there are no satelite images of Somalia, and there are no embassies there.

On the CIC Website, it says applicants living in SOmaliland must contact the local authorities which is exactly what we did. Basically, they gave us a police certificate (issued by the Somali GOvernment) with her picture saying she has not commited any crimes before (btw she's just 19), and her PCC has NO expiry date. I was told a PCC must have a validity of 6m, but ours has no expiry date, I'm confused. I submitted that PCC in our original application.

So what I'm thinking is that her BCG is gonna say something like 'not traceble' because she has lived in SOmalia all of her life, and she has never left the country. And Somalia has no central Government.

How long do you think her BCG is gonna take?
From what I recall from my husbands police check didnt come with an expirey date i think CiC determines that date based on when you submit it so its gd for 6 months from when you do it and submit all your paperwork. Im unsure about how quickly they do the background check but your wife's case probably shouldnt take as long since shes only lived in somaliland.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
Ca-Ke said:
From what I recall from my husbands police check didnt come with an expirey date i think CiC determines that date based on when you submit it so its gd for 6 months from when you do it and submit all your paperwork. Im unsure about how quickly they do the background check but your wife's case probably shouldnt take as long since shes only lived in somaliland.

Ohh i see...is your husband already with you now and was he from somalia or somaliland?

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
momo2016 said:
Ohh i see...is your husband already with you now and was he from somalia or somaliland?
Nope hes from Kenya he is not yet with me he has had his passport requested in Nairobi but it hasnt been returned for 2 months +. Praying for good news soon.