Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Samjie we are in the same boat.I am still waiting as well. indeed we got IP on the same day.

simbakubwa

Apr 12, 2015
Does anyone know hat happen after Nairobi requests your passport? Do they stamp in the PR stamp an send it back? Done? Or is there still another stage?

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
How did you get the request. by mail or by email?

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
yup.after they give you Visas, your Ecas will change to ''decison made'' and they wll send back your passport.I hope you sent a prepaid envelop with whatever courriel services you used.

now my alst question.how long did it take from change to In process(on your Ecas) to you get passport request?one day, one week, one month or...?

simbakubwa

Apr 12, 2015
Lonely guy,

A). Yes, we sent prepaid FedEx envelope.

B). How long do you think they take to process the passport?

C). Is that the final stage, or is there additional stages (eg. Interview, etc, etc)?

D). After change on ecas it took 3 weeks for passport request.

Falmaata

Jul 31, 2013
edmonton, ab , canada
Category........
Visa Office......
kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Oct 22/2015
AOR Received.
06-01-2015
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
03-21-2015
Interview........
Done october 06/2015 / pass
Passport Req..
Handed to officer after interview
VISA ISSUED...
November 4
LANDED..........
Maybe next month
Anybody knows when they gonna send interview date after ecas changed to in process ( changed Augest 15 ) . thanks

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Falmaata said:
Anybody knows when they gonna send interview date after ecas changed to in process ( changed Augest 15 ) . thanks

Hey Falmaata,

Congratulations first. We are happy that your status has finally changed to "in-process"

It's hard to say when the interview date will be. But the good thing is that they seem to have gotten hold of your file now. That is is good indication and hopefully you should hear something from them soon.

All the best

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
simbakubwa said:
Lonely guy,

A). Yes, we sent prepaid FedEx envelope.

B). How long do you think they take to process the passport?

C). Is that the final stage, or is there additional stages (eg. Interview, etc, etc)?

D). After change on ecas it took 3 weeks for passport request.

Hey Simbamkubwa,

I believe that is the finally stage. Only thing left is they give you the passport and you pack for your destination.

Only thing you might want to get started thinking is if you can get all your PR stuff done the day you arrive here at Pearson airport(I'm assuming you are being sponsored) Better get it done one you get at the airport. Otherwise,you'll have to wait for a later date when you are. You might have to cancel some other appointments when that day comes. Or you might not be living close to a major town like Toronto et al. You will have to dedicate a special trip for that.

All the best.

Hope all of us get good news soon

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Simba, it normally take 3-4 weeks the whole process. with a very few exceptions that tok more. when they have stamped your passport with the visas, your ecas will change to decision made, and they will send you an email with instructions. within few days(maybe 3 or 4) you wil be able to have your passportt from Fedex.are you the applicant or the sponsor?now you can start plan about your travel to Canada.

simbakubwa

Apr 12, 2015
Yes I am applicant, but I applied Outland. I are both in Canada right now. So if they send me my passport / PR stamp, and I receive it while already in Canada, then what do I do??

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ simbakubwa

Once you get passport, you will receive instructions on how to proceed.

They will give you two options; schedule an appointment at a CIC office closest to you (within Canada) or the applicant has to leave and re-enter the country via the border or the airport.

With the option of leaving and re-entering the country, some of the US-Canada borders allow people to flagpole, which means you do not have to have a valid US visa. You will leave Canada, go the the US border and state that you are flag poling. They will issue you with a denied entry record, then send you back to Canada, where you can "land". Many Canadian border locations do not like people flag poling and your wait time at the border may be long and arduous. Search this forum to see other people who have gone through "flag poling".

I am also in Canada with husband, and I am the applicant. I hope to flagpole.

simbakubwa said:
Yes I am applicant, but I applied Outland. I are both in Canada right now. So if they send me my passport / PR stamp, and I receive it while already in Canada, then what do I do??

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Getting an appointment at the nearest CIC office can take up to 2-3 months. This depends largely on which city you will be moving to.

simbakubwa said:
Awmf, so why flag pole? Why not just go to your nearest cic office?