+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NAIROBI OUTLAND APPLICANTS 2014

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
meena88 said:
Congrats to everyone with the good news!! So exciting to hear good things are happening for us.

I'm still waiting for mine to say medicals received and decision made its been a month now with medicals done and that they have had my husband passport with no word hope its very soon I'm soooo very ready to be reunited with my husband!!
All the best Meena. I hope you'll get some good news soon.

You're wrapping it up now.

All the best

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
henudo said:
Congrats Alwy, and thanks for sharing the duration between "in process" and PPR, at least it gives me hope that I'll hear from the VO sooner than later.
My pleasure..

this forum is the best!! it keeps me going and all the hopes i've had.

we'll get good news soon.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Thanks for sharing your timeline.this gives us a hope as well.

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Awmf2014 said:
2 months from passport request to decision made
2 months??????????? :( :( :( :-\ :-\ :-\

Please Awmf2014, say this is because of the medicals? right? Heard someone saying it takes between 3-4 weeks from PPR to decision made, is that true?

Did you get your passport back? Am happy for you...can't imagine how happy you're going to be once you get hold of the passport...

All the best pals

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
lonelyguy said:
Thanks for sharing your timeline.this gives us a hope as well.
My pleasure "lonelyguy"..

Had posted it long time ago! might have missed it maybe. Hope you seize to be lonelyguy soon my friend.

When did you get "in-process"? You are getting there soon.

henudo

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2015
Hi Alwy,

I think the duration between PPR and DM differs. Because there's an applicant on another Nairobi VO thread who reported that she received PPR on 22nd July 2015 and then received notification to collect PP on 2nd August 2015, so I believe it could be less than 2 months.

Alwy Alsaggaf said:
2 months??????????? :( :( :( :-\ :-\ :-\

Please Awmf2014, say this is because of the medicals? right? Heard someone saying it takes between 3-4 weeks from PPR to decision made, is that true?

Did you get your passport back? Am happy for you...can't imagine how happy you're going to be once you get hold of the passport...

All the best pals

simbakubwa

Apr 12, 2015
Awmf,

A). Are you saying Nairobi had your passport for 2 months before they mailed it back to you?

B). After you finally received it, then what happens next?

C). Did Nairobi request an interview or anything else?

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
23-07-2015 in process aug 06th
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Alwy Alsaggaf said:
OhCanada, here it is again.

App filed; January 22nd 2015
Transferred: March 26th 2015
"in-process" : July 21st
PPR : August 29th
Decision made: sooooooooooooooooon :)

hope this helps

good luck everyone
That's reasonable timeline. I wish it was like that for everyone in the waiting game .

chipolopolo

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
27-07-2014
Med's Done....
07-07-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-11-2014
simbakubwa said:
Awmf,

A). Are you saying Nairobi had your passport for 2 months before they mailed it back to you?

B). After you finally received it, then what happens next?

C). Did Nairobi request an interview or anything else?
am answering in relation to my case..
A. i mailed my passport in october around the 17th, and i got it back about exactly a month later
B. Passport comes with a confirmation of residency form which you use for landing, and also a migrant visa used also to enter canada once only. After that you will use PR card.
C.The embassy we request interview only if they are not convinced, and its rare in nairobi that they request it but it does happen.
When they ask for passport its a good sign that you wont need interview

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Hey Chipolopolo,

good to hear from you after a while. You haven't forgotten about us! Hope Canada is treating you well.

I have a question(s) for you.

1) Is there any other thing that they request after the passport?(hopefully not)

2) When entering Canada, I remember hearing back in this forum that you can get you PR card on the same day when you enter at the airport, is that correct?

By getting PR, i don't mean the actual card. I mean getting all the paperwork done et al. then the send you the PR card to the mailing address that you provide them with. Can you please tell us more about that? Might take time before we hear from you again
;)

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
chipolopolo said:
am answering in relation to my case..
A. i mailed my passport in october around the 17th, and i got it back about exactly a month later
B. Passport comes with a confirmation of residency form which you use for landing, and also a migrant visa used also to enter canada once only. After that you will use PR card.
C.The embassy we request interview only if they are not convinced, and its rare in nairobi that they request it but it does happen.
When they ask for passport its a good sign that you wont need interview
It takes a month after the day you submitted the passport or the day they requested for it?I know the question is a bit vague

Also, when it says Decision made(which is what I'm waiting for) how long does it take until they mail back the passport?

I remember you had one of the best timelines I've ever seen in the forum.

Thanks for coming back and sharing your experiences with us even after finishing the process long time ago.

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
henudo said:
Hi Alwy,

I think the duration between PPR and DM differs. Because there's an applicant on another Nairobi VO thread who reported that she received PPR on 22nd July 2015 and then received notification to collect PP on 2nd August 2015, so I believe it could be less than 2 months.
Woow! That was the best PPR-Decision made timeline ever!! Good for him.

Thanks for giving me the hopes my dear :) I hope i get we get it back soon! I've already mailed it, waiting for Monday or Tuesday when they'll get it!

I hope it

chipolopolo

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
27-07-2014
Med's Done....
07-07-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-11-2014
Alwy Alsaggaf said:
Hey Chipolopolo,

good to hear from you after a while. You haven't forgotten about us! Hope Canada is treating you well.

I have a question(s) for you.

1) Is there any other thing that they request after the passport?(hopefully not)

2) When entering Canada, I remember hearing back in this forum that you can get you PR card on the same day when you enter at the airport, is that correct?

By getting PR, i don't mean the actual card. I mean getting all the paperwork done et al. then the send you the PR card to the mailing address that you provide them with. Can you please tell us more about that? Might take time before we hear from you again
;)
hi there, sorry i have not been on as much as i would like. so busy. Anyways i will try my best to pop in every time i can. for your answers :
1. It depends on the case. With me they requested everything they needed with the passport. They asked for a return label, proof of payment reciept, and also an updated schedule A form.(i made a mistake with dates on first on).

2. yes everyone is automatically issued a pr card when they land. Its part of the landing process. MIne took about 15 minutes. It will take about 6 weeks for you to receive it in the mail. I also apllied for my social insurance number same week i landed, and also got my drivers licence.( i just swappped since i already had a valid american licence)

as for your other question, my passport was in my hands 12days after decision made. I used fedex return label that i included when i sent passport

henudo

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2015
Hers was that fast because she dropped it at the VAC which isn't far from the VO. Mailing adds a few extra days depending on the courier company and distance.

Alwy Alsaggaf said:
Woow! That was the best PPR-Decision made timeline ever!! Good for him.

Thanks for giving me the hopes my dear :) I hope i get we get it back soon! I've already mailed it, waiting for Monday or Tuesday when they'll get it!

I hope it

simbakubwa

Apr 12, 2015
Alwy and chipolo,

A). Were you in Canada when they mailed you back your passport from Nairobi?

B). After you received your passport , how did you "land "? Did you go to border an flagpole?

C). Did your 6 month Canadian TVP visa expire whole you were waiting so long?

D). When did you apply/receive your SIN number?