AOR Received.: 22 Feb 2014
File Transfer...: 27 Feb 2014
Med's Done....: Upfront - 9 Jan 2014
Interview........: waived ?
Passport Req..: 2 July 2014
ECAS Status : In Process - 9th July 2014
VISA ISSUED...: -
LANDED..........: -

If they had requested passport, does that mean interview is waived ?

Anyone from Jan - Feb 2014 batch who has already got their visa?

Ali122

Sep 12, 2014
ed789 said:
Hi Ali,

Thanks for your reply.

See my processing timeline.

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Nairobi
App. Filed.......: 30 January 2014
AOR Received.: 22 Feb 2014
File Transfer...: 27 Feb 2014
Med's Done....: Upfront - 9 Jan 2014
Interview........: waived ?
Passport Req..: 2 July 2014
ECAS Status : In Process - 9th July 2014

If they had requested passport, does that mean interview is waived ?

Anyone from Jan - Feb 2014 batch who has already got their visa?
Hey Ed,

Well you're lucky they have already requested for your passport. I applied on December and my file was transferred to Nairobi on January 15 and so far, no news!
Where are you from?

phinie11

Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2014
LANDED..........
14-11-2014
raxstar said:
Hello phinie11..

Actually the Clinic where I underwent my meds test is registered on CIC Medical Panel Board. I was provided my emedical tracking&information sheet and I also eclosed my receipt of payment as proofs that I sent to Nairobi. NORAH of CHC Nairobi signed my DHL courier on Monday 15 September 2014. I find it a bit strange though as why they have requested my passport also already?does this mean I will get all the documents at the earliest..say within couple of weeks time post 15 September 2014. My ECAS status still shows 'In Process'

Cheers

Rx
Hi Raxstar
According to your case, you did the application first and waited for the medical examination request later. Usually medical examination is either done upfront which must be submitted together with the application or later which the VO will request you to undergo it and this is usually the last part remaining for the process. So it is normal that they have requested your passport together with the proof of medical examination. So very soon the waiting is about to end.

Cheers!

ed789

Sep 15, 2014
Ali122 said:
Hey Ed,

Well you're lucky they have already requested for your passport. I applied on December and my file was transferred to Nairobi on January 15 and so far, no news!
Where are you from?
Hi Ali,

Have you tried to check your ecase status ? what does it says ? Also have you completed medical examination upfront ?

Can you share your processing timeline ?

I'm from Mauritius n you ? Anyone from Mauritius ?

Raxstar,

You are from Mauritius as well ?

Ali122

Sep 12, 2014
ed789 said:
Hi Ali,

Have you tried to check your ecase status ? what does it says ? Also have you completed medical examination upfront ?

Raxstar,

Hey Ed,

Below is my timeline. as you can see, people have received their visas even after I had submitted before them. my ecas states medical reports have been received. nothing after that since February till date.

App. Filed.......: Dec. 03, 2013
AOR Received.: Jan. 15, 2014
File Transfer...: Jan. 15, 2014
Med's Done....: Oct. 29, 2013
Interview........: -
Passport Req..: -

Lets hope by end of next month or by december i get my passport request.

Im from Tanzania btw.

ed789

Sep 15, 2014
Ali122 said:
Hey Ed,

Below is my timeline. as you can see, people have received their visas even after I had submitted before them. my ecas states medical reports have been received. nothing after that since February till date.

App. Filed.......: Dec. 03, 2013
AOR Received.: Jan. 15, 2014
File Transfer...: Jan. 15, 2014
Med's Done....: Oct. 29, 2013
Interview........: -
Passport Req..: -

Lets hope by end of next month or by december i get my passport request.

Im from Tanzania btw.
Hey,

So from what you mentioned, your ecas status has not yet change to " in process".

Really don't know how their queue system works ; whether they process application received on a monthly basis or they processed application based on the date of medical examination received.

Let's hope for the best to come soon.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
ed789 said:
Hey,

So from what you mentioned, your ecas status has not yet change to " in process".

Really don't know how their queue system works ; whether they process application received on a monthly basis or they processed application based on the date of medical examination received.

Dear Ed

I am in the same boat as Ali, the only thing on my ecas is medicals and application received nothing else. ECAS is unreliable and it depends on the Visa officer,s ometimes they update sometimes they don't. If you really want to know what is going in the background and the receive the notes the Visa officers are writing about your application you should order GCMS notes.

About the visa application queue, i think they put all the files in a queue and each officer might process several applications at the same time, some of these files he may process them immediately if everything is straight foward, in some cases the visa officer may need to contact other authorities in your country or he may need to check police records and this may delay the process. therefore every application is different some got their application processed in 4 months while others were waiting for almost 2 or 3 years.

ed789

Sep 15, 2014
Camelboy said:
Dear Ed

I am in the same boat as Ali, the only thing on my ecas is medicals and application received nothing else. ECAS is unreliable and it depends on the Visa officer,s ometimes they update sometimes they don't. If you really want to know what is going in the background and the receive the notes the Visa officers are writing about your application you should order GCMS notes.

About the visa application queue, i think they put all the files in a queue and each officer might process several applications at the same time, some of these files he may process them immediately if everything is straight foward, in some cases the visa officer may need to contact other authorities in your country or he may need to check police records and this may delay the process. therefore every application is different some got their application processed in 4 months while others were waiting for almost 2 or 3 years.
Hi Camelboy,

Thanks for your input.

About the GCMS notes, how does it work ? The notes the officer are writing are then available online or by email ? Do you think it's advisable to order it ?

Thanks for clarifying about the visa application queue. It's a long and painful waiting time. Hang on , surely something good is about to happen soon.

By the way,
(a) they have requested my passport in July. Does that mean interview has been waived?
(b) In a few days, it will be exactly 3 month since my ppr. Is it a normal process to hold my passport that long ?

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
ed789 said:
Hi Camelboy,

Thanks for your input.

About the GCMS notes, how does it work ? The notes the officer are writing are then available online or by email ? Do you think it's advisable to order it ?

Thanks for clarifying about the visa application queue. It's a long and painful waiting time. Hang on , surely something good is about to happen soon.

By the way,
(a) they have requested my passport in July. Does that mean interview has been waived?
(b) In a few days, it will be exactly 3 month since my ppr. Is it a normal process to hold my passport that long ?
Dear Ed

You go to http://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/ you fill the form ,the sponsor will request on behalf of the applicant, the sponsor require a prooft that s/he is resident or a citizen such as a PR or a Passport scan, application is $5 fee and you need to pay it by credit card.

There is no risk involved in ordering GCMS notes, try to avoid physical notes, order electronic notes. Physical notes will create a delay in your application as the visa officer may need to pull up your files and send copies to CIC.

Regarding your passport request there is no limit in holding, it depends on them, they may hold it until your VISA is ready and they will send it back with a sticker on it.

Ali122

Sep 12, 2014
ed789 said:
Hey,

Hey Ed,

It does read ''in progress'' and when you click on it, the latest update available is ''medical examination has been received''. Nothing after that since February 2014.
I just finished ordering the ATIP. Let's see what it says after I receive it.
I am travelling to Nairobi next week for 10 days for the MagicalKenya Travel Expo and though of visiting the VO but the way i know, they will not attend any requests which are still under processing time. The only way to know how far your application has been processed is to apply for the GCMS notes.

raxstar

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Mauritius
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
Nomination.....
31-10-2013
AOR Received.
22-03-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted online (MPNP Application Tool)
File Transfer...
April 2014
Med's Request
18-08-2014
Med's Done....
19-08-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2014
LANDED..........
Mid October 2014
ed789 said:
Hi Ali,

Raxstar,

Hi Ed789..Indeed I am from Mauritius...in my ecas status..there is no mention of medical received whatsoever...it say we received your application bla bla bla and we started to process your application bla bla bla..may be my stream is different from your..mine is provincial nominee program

Btw I carried out my medicals as per nairobi request on 19 August 2014 and got a tracking sheet a few days after that...my timeline is detailed in my profile info..wonder how long will they keep my passport now..fingers crossed..hope they dont ask me for further info..

Rx

ed789

Sep 15, 2014
Camelboy said:
Dear Ed

You go to htt/atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/ you fill the form ,the sponsor will request on behalf of the applicant, the sponsor require a prooft that s/he is resident or a citizen such as a PR or a Passport scan, application is $5 fee and you need to pay it by credit card.

There is no risk involved in ordering GCMS notes, try to avoid physical notes, order electronic notes. Physical notes will create a delay in your application as the visa officer may need to pull up your files and send copies to CIC.

Regarding your passport request there is no limit in holding, it depends on them, they may hold it until your VISA is ready and they will send it back with a sticker on it.
Dear Camelboy,

Thanks for these concise info about GCMS notes. Very helpful indeed.

Someone told me that beside their queue system, they give priority to applicant whose medical examination is about to expiry, as it's only valid for 1 year.

is that true ? anyone ?

ed789

Sep 15, 2014
Ali122 said:
Hey Ed,

It does read ''in progress'' and when you click on it, the latest update available is ''medical examination has been received''. Nothing after that since February 2014.
I just finished ordering the ATIP. Let's see what it says after I receive it.
I am travelling to Nairobi next week for 10 days for the MagicalKenya Travel Expo and though of visiting the VO but the way i know, they will not attend any requests which are still under processing time. The only way to know how far your application has been processed is to apply for the GCMS notes.
Agree, GCMS notes is more reliable and accurate ; but who knows? maybe when you visit Visa office , they might be flexible enough to answer and attend any query you have.

ed789

Sep 15, 2014
raxstar said:
Hi Ed789..Indeed I am from Mauritius...in my ecas status..there is no mention of medical received whatsoever...it say we received your application bla bla bla and we started to process your application bla bla bla..may be my stream is different from your..mine is provincial nominee program

Btw I carried out my medicals as per nairobi request on 19 August 2014 and got a tracking sheet a few days after that...my timeline is detailed in my profile info..wonder how long will they keep my passport now..fingers crossed..hope they dont ask me for further info..

Rx
Hi raxstar,

Yes indeed, our stream differs from each other. Mine is a family sponsorship application. As per your profile info , we share more or less the same timeline for ppr. I guess we may receive our passport with visa around the same period.

Ali122

Sep 12, 2014
ed789 said:
Dear Camelboy,

Thanks for these concise info about GCMS notes. Very helpful indeed.

Someone told me that beside their queue system, they give priority to applicant whose medical examination is about to expiry, as it's only valid for 1 year.

is that true ? anyone ?
I dont think thats true! I did my medical examination on October 2013 and the year has almost passed. Also, one of my work colleague went under the same process and got her passport request after a year and 3 month. she did her medical upfront during submitting her documents in Canada and was asked to do it again by Nairobi. I guess I will be asked to do so as well. When, i dont know.

let's hope for the best.