24-03-2014
Med's Done....
15-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26th-08-2014
ashley0591 said:
My wife got an email yesterday asking for passport.

Application send 20 Jan 2014
Sponsorship approved/application received 19 Feb 2014(same day)
Transferred to Nairobi 20 Feb 2014
Passport request 11 June 2014

Medical was send with application

Mauritius don't have any prepaid service for mail..How to send the passport? Someone can give me address to send the passport please?
wow! that was fast, hope everyone's goes as fast as yours.

ashley0591

Jun 7, 2014
Hello Phoenix1234,
Thank you very much

Hello kokonatsu,
I notice that we have a similar timeline, you will soon receive a passport request..
I just hope they don't keep the passport for too long..

bayaboo

May 9, 2014
ashley0591 said:
My wife got an email yesterday asking for passport.

Application send 20 Jan 2014
Sponsorship approved/application received 19 Feb 2014(same day)
Transferred to Nairobi 20 Feb 2014
Passport request 11 June 2014

Medical was send with application

Mauritius don't have any prepaid service for mail..How to send the passport? Someone can give me address to send the passport please?
Wow Ashley, that was super fast! Congrats!! I wish I knew what the trick is ;-)

Velaluc

Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
Hi Ashley,

DHL has the prepaid courier service. Just show them the part of the letter where it is mentioned, they are used to it. I sent mine by DHL situated vis a vis MRA in Port Louis about a week ago. The advantage is that you can follow the courrier via internet. Good luck.

kokonatsu

Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
File Transfer...
24-03-2014
Med's Done....
15-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26th-08-2014
ashley0591 said:
Hello Phoenix1234,
Thank you very much

Hello kokonatsu,
I notice that we have a similar timeline, you will soon receive a passport request..
I just hope they don't keep the passport for too long..
Hi Ashley!
i hope soon i will get the message asking for my passport

bayaboo

May 9, 2014
Got the Passport Request

Hi everyone,

Just want to let you know that after a long wait, we finally join the ranks of others before us. My wife got an email today requesting for her passport.

We received our GCMS notes a few days ago, but there was no real useful information in it. It basically showed that not much had been done on our file. Maybe they worked on it in the last few days.

In any case I am super happy because we were starting to get a bit frustrated.

By the way, our ECAS still shows Application Received, and they never acknowledged receipt of our medicals either. Just some info so that if you are in that situation, it doesn't necessarily mean that your application is not being processed. Some visa officers maybe just don't bother updating the online status.

I wonder how long they'll take after receiving the passport. I'm sure I will find out soon enough through your updates!

Cheers,

Bayaboo

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
Re: Got the Passport Request

bayaboo said:
Hi everyone,

Just want to let you know that after a long wait, we finally join the ranks of others before us. My wife got an email today requesting for her passport.

We received our GCMS notes a few days ago, but there was no real useful information in it. It basically showed that not much had been done on our file. Maybe they worked on it in the last few days.

By the way, our ECAS still shows Application Received, and they never acknowledged receipt of our medicals either. Just some info so that if you are in that situation, it doesn't necessarily mean that your application is not being processed. Some visa officers maybe just don't bother updating the online status.

I wonder how long they'll take after receiving the passport. I'm sure I will find out soon enough through your updates!

Cheers,

Bayaboo
Thats great Bayaboo. Congrats. Hope all goes fast for you. Just over 8 months from app date

phoenix1234

Mar 20, 2014

bayaboo said:
Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Bayaboo
Hi Bayaboo,

That greats news and congrats.

Finally, the waiting game will soon be over.

Cheers

kokonatsu

Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
File Transfer...
24-03-2014
Med's Done....
15-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26th-08-2014

bayaboo said:
Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Bayaboo
Oh wow! that gives us the rest some hope that soon we will get the same message. cheers :)

bayaboo

May 9, 2014

bono1 said:
Thats great Bayaboo. Congrats. Hope all goes fast for you. Just over 8 months from app date
Thanks Bono, Phoenix and Kokonatsu.

We are relieved that Nairobi showed that they are working on our application, and yes hopefully we are in the final stages and it will not take much longer.

Those who are still waiting, just have some patience, your time will come and Nairobi is not as bad as some other visa offices.

Velaluc

Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
Congrat Bayaboo ;D ,

we just hope that they process our visa very quickly .

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Hey guys

Being a silent reader for a while.

I was wondering why some people get early passport request ? is it because some Visa officers like to hold passports in advance ? any ideas? It seems some applicants their passport were held for more than 6 months, some people may need their passport to travel and it seems they don't care.

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
Camelboy said:
Hey guys

Being a silent reader for a while.

I was wondering why some people get early passport request ? is it because some Visa officers like to hold passports in advance ? any ideas? It seems some applicants their passport were held for more than 6 months, some people may need their passport to travel and it seems they don't care.
Hi Camelboy, I created a spreadsheet tracking all the Nairobi applicants. See Here. http://1drv.ms/1pOm3Zb I am not seeing long wait times from passport request to visa issued. Are there applicants that you know of that they are holding passports for such a long time? I hope they are not doing that, because that can cause many issues with peoples plans