File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
Hello bono1, I think that Camelboy is making reference to Moll's case.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Yes that is correct Velaluc, Molo said that they sent the passport in December and still don't have it back. It is more than 6 months

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
Camelboy said:
Yes that is correct Velaluc, Molo said that they sent the passport in December and still don't have it back. It is more than 6 months
Ok Thanks.. It seems to be the one off and not the norm :) hopefully!

Lineker

Jun 23, 2014
hello I am New Here i wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about the Timeline to provide the VISA after they ask for the passport.

My Passport arrived to the Canadian Embassy of Nairobi on 23/06/2014.

how long will the process take to issue the VISA and to return the passport.

in addition when i went to DHL to ask for the Prepaid envelop to be sent they only inserted the Coupon of Payment of the Return shipment in the envelopped to be shipped. can this cause a problem for the return process ?

Thanks a lot.

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
Lineker said:
hello I am New Here i wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about the Timeline to provide the VISA after they ask for the passport.

My Passport arrived to the Canadian Embassy of Nairobi on 23/06/2014.

how long will the process take to issue the VISA and to return the passport.

in addition when i went to DHL to ask for the Prepaid envelop to be sent they only inserted the Coupon of Payment of the Return shipment in the envelopped to be shipped. can this cause a problem for the return process ?

Thanks a lot.
Welcome Lineker.

Thats one of the questions we would also like to get more info on. From what I can see it could be a couple of weeks. Though there is once case of being 6 months.

If you don't mind, can you give us more info about your time line:

Date Medicals Done:
Date App sent to CPC:
Date Stage 1 AOR:
Date Sponsorship Approval:
Date Interview Requested:
Date Passport Requested:

Lineker

Jun 23, 2014
hi

Date Medicals Done: october 2013
Date App sent to CPC: october 2013
Date Stage 1 AOR: November 2013
Date Sponsorship Approval: December 2013
Date Interview Requested: N/A
Date Passport Requested: 3 June 2014

will there be an issue with the return of the passport with DHL since the Prepaid envelop was not sent with the Passport instead the only put the Payment Coupon of the return shipment. ?

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
Lineker said:
hi

will there be an issue with the return of the passport with DHL since the Prepaid envelop was not sent with the Passport instead the only put the Payment Coupon of the return shipment. ?
Thanks. Would you happen to have the exact dates ? The reason is I am maintaining a spreadsheet that tracks all the nairobi applicants. You can find the link in my signature at the bottom. I would need the exact dates if possible.

I am not sure of the DHL prepaid envelope. I would call the nairobi visa office and inquire.

Lineker

Jun 23, 2014
hi

Find below the dates as for the medical exam it was done i think it was done on the first of October.

Date App sent to CPC: 20 october 2013
Date Stage 1 AOR: 20 November 2013
Date Sponsorship Approval: 30 December 2013

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Lineker said:
hi

Dear Lineker,

Why don't you confirm this with DHL? reaching the embassy is really troublesome, and emailing them takes 28 days to reply

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Lineker

Can you please post the email you received regarding the passport request from Nairobi office? does it says you should send it in 60 days otherwise your application will be suspended.

Because we share the same timeline and I am about to travel to somewhere soon and i don't want to send my passport until i am done with my trip which is end of September.

Lineker

Jun 23, 2014
Dear Camelboy,

i just contacted DHL, they said this is their procedure in case the embassy looses the receipt i have to pay again, but i hope that i will be notified that at least they lost it i do not mind paying again. i am just afraid of loosing my passport and not knowing what is going on in there.

i am not a nairobi resident that's the main problem so i can not follow it with the embassy.

Lineker

Jun 23, 2014
Camelboy said:
Lineker

Can you please post the email you received regarding the passport request from Nairobi office? does it says you should send it in 60 days otherwise your application will be suspended.

Because we share the same timeline and I am about to travel to somewhere soon and i don't want to send my passport until i am done with my trip which is end of September.
That's the weird thing although i mentioned that i would like to be contacted by mail i never received one from them my Wife in Canada received the Letter who sent it back to me.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Don't worry your passport and the DHL receipt is in good hands , as long it is with them you are ok, and when they send it they will notify you and provide the tracking.
But i am wondering what happened to the prepaid envelope that DHL used to provide, is it no longer available?

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
can you check the letter you received, what does it says about the duration you need to submit the passport

I found some passport request letters on this forum , some of the duration it says 30 days some 60 days, so I was wondering what is the deadline for submitting the passport to Nairobi Office