Sent application 01oct13 to CPC
Approved as sponsor 17oct13 by CPC
File forwarded to Nairobi Visa office
E-cas showing decision made on sponsor side
showing application received for permanent residency since 01oct13
Also showing medical received since 01oct13

NO news since then unfortunately !! :(

Cheers !
Did you get a second AOR? so that you know the file was received in nairobi?

Velaluc

Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
Hello everybody, I'm from Mauritius .
Sponsorship approved : 01 September 2013
Nairobi received file on : 11 September 2013
Medical results received : September 2013

Velaluc

Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
Hi everybody,

I'm Vela from Mauritius. 6 months ago Nairobi has received our file and since then no news from them.
My husband and I have several times written to Nairobi but they never reply to our emails.

Does anybody has any idea of how long it usually takes Nairobi to process Mauritian applications? Friends told me that they heard cases which took 3 months, others 8 months to one year?

Vela

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
I created a Nairobi Spreadsheet based on the profiles in this thread. Link is in my signature. At least we can now get an idea how long files will take

MoKomori79

Feb 3, 2014
@Velaluc

Hi Velaluc, we are on the same situation, I applied in September as well (although my file was received in October), but I never bother to send them an email as I know it is a waste of my time and energy. They do not really care whether you suffer or loose your head, they cannot stand being separated from their family, but they do not seem to care about us being separated from ours. I spoke to my MP about how hard it is for a husband or wife to see the one you love suffer and not be there for them; I told my MP that everything we do, we do it for our family; I showed him my phone bills (dozens of calls every week with large sums of money spent over phone cards), but he did not really seem to care ! Instead he told me " you know what you should be thankful! your file is on queue for background check! I know some people who are in a much worse position ! ", I could not believe what I just heard ! I went to my MP to seek some help and he started telling me I you should stop complaining !, but when I looked around his desk, I saw him with his beautiful wife and kids !

The best thing we can do to go thru this Velaluc is to pray and hope for the better

phoenix1234

Mar 20, 2014
Hi,

I am new to this forum.

I have applied since 30 September 2013 and received approval from CPC on 14 October 2013. My status on ECAS shows application received.

I am wondering why our visa nairobi is quiet during these few months.

Velaluc

Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
bono1 said:
I created a Nairobi Spreadsheet based on the profiles in this thread. Link is in my signature. At least we can now get an idea how long files will take

Thanks Bono, this is a good idea ;) I will fill in the e form.
Would you please tell me the meaning of the following abbreviations :
1) AOR
2) CPC-M
3) and MP
Thanks Lot

MoKomori79

Feb 3, 2014
Hello guys

There is something that we, Nairobi applicants, could do to help immigration agents work better and faster: not to send them email all the time, unless it is really necessary.

Every time we send an email to them , the time they spend replying to our emails could be used to process our files; and this is particularly true if we send hundreds of them. It`s really hard for us, who applied in Nairobi or any other visa office, but I believe this small step could help reduce processing time. Maybe we should share some ideas that could help immigration agents handle our files in a timely manner.

What do you guys think?

phoenix1234

Mar 20, 2014
Hello,

If we check in this forum, we can see that applications sent for the month of September/October 2013, most status of files still shows application received.

Also from September/October 2013 to March 2014, it is now mostly 6 months we are still waiting. Hope we will receive a positive response soon.

Yes, i agree that we should refrain sending unnecessary emails/queries to visa nairobi unless it is very important.

MoKomori79

Feb 3, 2014
For September - October applicants@

According to my MP, my file is on queue which means that anybody who applied within that period of time is in the same situation.

Which means that any of us could have an update on his file anytime: if your file is ok, they will request your passport immediately, if it is not they will place it on review queue or interview queue.

Let`s hope all of us get some good news soon; I will keep you posted as far as I am concerned.

Cheers !

soon2b

Oct 15, 2013
I believe that those who send emails/queries to a VO have important concerns to inquire about and they don't do it for fun. Besides, the VO do not generally reply to those queries anyway. So, it doesn't matter whether they receive hundreds of emails or not, they won't read them as they don't go past their admin. secretary. They will always just take their as they so desire, and inflict as much pain (emotional) on those poor applicants who are trying to get reunited with their loved ones....the price you pay for being in Canada.

habartani

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, :) @ moKomori79, my dear , I'll consider you as a lucky guy, i wish if i will be on your position. I applied for family sponsorship (wife and three kids) since the febuary 2012, september 2013 they sent me a mail saying that the proceses will take average of 6 months, from then I haven't received any response, I haven't been with my family for more than three years now :'(.
Anyway I don't want to bore you with my story.
Pray harder and hopefully this will be over soon ;D

Hey, @ rose any updates, am happy finally u had your interview, and the good thing they requested for your p.p.
By the way I have been keeping up with ur posts.
I prayed for you.
Thank you and good luck all :D

MoKomori79

Feb 3, 2014
@ Habartani, 3 years ! oh my God ! it`s more than the current normal processing time which is 22 months. Have you thought about contacting your MP?

Stay strong Habartani ! Let`s not lose hope ! what is at stake is worth the fight.