Visa Office......
Nairobi
Hi Solange

Here is a paragraph from Nairobi Office
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/kenya/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng

New visa application centres (VACs) coming soon in the following locations:

October 16, 2013: Plot 40-42 Mackenzie Vale, Kololo, Kampala, Uganda
November 15, 2013: St James Court, St Denis Street, Port Louis, Mauritius
November 19, 2013: Alphatel House, Slipway road off Chole road plot 1365, Msasani Peninsula, Dar-es-Salam, Tanzania
Applications received at the former VFS VAC will at the former VFS VAC location in Kampala continue to be processed – there is NO NEED to contact the visa office. Passports will be returned to applicants upon completion of processing of their applications.

A new VAC will be also opening soon in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia!

Updates will be posted on the website when available. Visit the CIC website for more information on VACs.
It seems this is for short stay visas and not for permanent residence VISAS.

Rose13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Kampala - Uganda
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi - Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
Doc's Request.
9-04-2013
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
11-01-2013
Interview........
20-02-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Solange said:
Hi all,
I was reading on trackitt and came across this:
Hello everyone,

yesterday i did confirm by my agent gms that Nairobi office has closed down due to last time Terrorist attack there and now will operate New office in Mauritius this 15 November 2013.

Can anyone confirm this information again with your current agents or else sources please.

thank you.

Still no one in batch May/June 2013 received medical request :(

thnx

Have you guys heard of this? And what, if any impact would it have on our applications?
Hi Solange,
I think its true that Nairobi VO was highly affected by the Terrorist attack because even recently when my husband inquired about the delay in fixing another interview date after being cancelled in September, he was told that Nairobi Visa office is trying to open up new visa offices in some countries in order to bring services nearer to the many countries that are under Nairobi.
So we were told to be patient as they work towards scheduling another date.
May be opening other offices may be a better option. Lets wait and see.
Hoping for the best soon.

Rose13

Solange

Oct 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 14, 2013
AOR Received.
August 27, 2013
File Transfer...
September 6, 2013
Passport Req..
December 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 8, 2014
I think VAC's are just places where you drop off your documents - I dont think they make decisions as such - so hopefully this doesn't impact us much .. the fact that they're answering calls and have been emailing people shows that our files are being worked on hopefully.. is it odd that medicals received still doesnt show up on our ECAS even though its almost 3 months since we sent the application and 2 months since we got sponsorship approval and file was transferred?

Asephil

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 March 2013
AOR Received.
13 March 2013
File Transfer...
22 April 2013
Med's Done....
9 February 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
9 September 2013
LANDED..........
8 November 2013
Hello everyone,

I`ve finally landed on Friday in Toronto- Pearson Airport, it was a long waiting process with landing formalities. The CBSA officer were friendly and after i presented my passport and declaration card on the first counter, i was directed to another room and there was few people like 13 but seriously, it took 45 minutes to get to the counter ( lot of people didnt declare stuff and they looked suspicious so its a hell room in other words :)) Anyway, i presented my confirmation of permanent resident and my passport, the CBSA officer ask me some questions like if there is any criminal records or change of our current situation with my marriage (if there is separation, children or anything that has changed) and then he ask me to sign the COPR and then off i went to another counter but this was to apply for the social insurance number and it was done in just 15 minutes and then i was directed to another counter to take forms for health application card and some books and stuff i need to read so i can know where to begin in Canada. When this was done, i had to take my luggage, then i head to another area for final inspection (for those who have declared that they have goods with them or goods to follow) so i presented my B4 & B4A forms, the CBSA officer asked to see the forms for things to follow so i gave him two copies, he checked both of them and then he asked me to sign, then he had to put in some data on the computer and ask me to go to another counter and leave everything with him. After i was done presenting the B4 forms to the other counter, i was given one copy back with attachment and stamp on it and it was done. So i went back and then again, the officer asked me if i have meat products with me and my answer was NO and he had to double check the list i made for the goods i had and he said....... okay then.... WELCOME TO CANADA AND I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST. I was so happy it was over and i rushed out like a mad woman!(well, i was dying to see my husband anyway :-*) :p. In total, it took me almost 3 hours at the airport but i`m glad it was over but now its super COLD, and there is a job hunt going on for me so i hope i`ll get something at least.

That was a long landing in story (LOL!) but whatever you have in there, remember to declare everything, even if you`re not sure then you can ask around and you`ll be surprised how nice people are to give you assistance especially when they know its your first time in CANADA.

I wish you all the best and i hope soon there will be good news for everyone and as for me, i`ll get back to my job hunt regime! ???

Cheers/
Asephil

Rose13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Kampala - Uganda
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi - Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
Doc's Request.
9-04-2013
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
11-01-2013
Interview........
20-02-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Asephil said:
Hello everyone,

I`ve finally landed on Friday in Toronto- Pearson Airport, it was a long waiting process with landing formalities. The CBSA officer were friendly and after i presented my passport and declaration card on the first counter, i was directed to another room and there was few people like 13 but seriously, it took 45 minutes to get to the counter ( lot of people didnt declare stuff and they looked suspicious so its a hell room in other words :)) Anyway, i presented my confirmation of permanent resident and my passport, the CBSA officer ask me some questions like if there is any criminal records or change of our current situation with my marriage (if there is separation, children or anything that has changed) and then he ask me to sign the COPR and then off i went to another counter but this was to apply for the social insurance number and it was done in just 15 minutes and then i was directed to another counter to take forms for health application card and some books and stuff i need to read so i can know where to begin in Canada. When this was done, i had to take my luggage, then i head to another area for final inspection (for those who have declared that they have goods with them or goods to follow) so i presented my B4 & B4A forms, the CBSA officer asked to see the forms for things to follow so i gave him two copies, he checked both of them and then he asked me to sign, then he had to put in some data on the computer and ask me to go to another counter and leave everything with him. After i was done presenting the B4 forms to the other counter, i was given one copy back with attachment and stamp on it and it was done. So i went back and then again, the officer asked me if i have meat products with me and my answer was NO and he had to double check the list i made for the goods i had and he said....... okay then.... WELCOME TO CANADA AND I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST. I was so happy it was over and i rushed out like a mad woman!(well, i was dying to see my husband anyway :-*) :p. In total, it took me almost 3 hours at the airport but i`m glad it was over but now its super COLD, and there is a job hunt going on for me so i hope i`ll get something at least.

That was a long landing in story (LOL!) but whatever you have in there, remember to declare everything, even if you`re not sure then you can ask around and you`ll be surprised how nice people are to give you assistance especially when they know its your first time in CANADA.

I wish you all the best and i hope soon there will be good news for everyone and as for me, i`ll get back to my job hunt regime! ???

Cheers/
Asephil
Hi Asephil,
Happy for you that you are FINALLY REUNITED WITH THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE!!!! Atlast you are through with the whole waiting and distance relationship. God is great and for sure the future has just unfolded for you my dear.
Thanks for sharing your landing experience at the Airport, though it took you some hours but it was successful. As for the job hunting, that too will surely pass very soon. Wish you all the joy & best moment with your husband and a great life in Canada.
Keep us in prayer as we wait endlessly for our turn for good news soon (hopefully)!!
Rose13

soon2b

Oct 15, 2013
Asephil,
Welcome to Canada! Brutal winters will be nothing compared to the wait you went through although winter doesn't officially begin until late December.
One positive story from Nairobi VO is a glimmer of hope for those going through it.

Amanda10

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi-Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 13,2012
Doc's Request.
April 15, 2013
AOR Received.
November 20,2012
File Transfer...
November 20,2012
Med's Request
Novermber 1,2012
Med's Done....
November 6,2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Passport submitted with the Application
VISA ISSUED...
13 September 2013
LANDED..........
2 october 2013
Asephil said:
Hello everyone,

Cheers/
Asephil
Welcome and enjoy the weather.

roxionna

Apr 30, 2013
hi there, need some help! plz! we sent our application and they received it on March 18 2013, and Nairobi start processing on Aug. 2013 and medical has been received by then too, and PP requested on aug. 4, and DM on the spouse section and it says will contact concerning the decision its been two weeks...but still no contact or return of passport and DHL return package is paid, still long holding my passport and delayed every decision on my life, we emailed and called but no replies any suggestion on wat to do? huh

Dimshin

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April/28/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/05/2013
AOR Received.
May/17/2013
File Transfer...
May/28/2013
Med's Done....
February/11/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov/19/2013
VISA ISSUED...
December/02/13
LANDED..........
December/25/13...Insh A Allah.
When was the DM? If it was only 2 weeks ago I wouldn't worry.
Nairobi VO seemed to be in a deep sleep since that incident in September, it is good to know if they are working on some apps.

Dimshin

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April/28/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/05/2013
AOR Received.
May/17/2013
File Transfer...
May/28/2013
Med's Done....
February/11/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov/19/2013
VISA ISSUED...
December/02/13
LANDED..........
Guys I have good news today :D! They requested my wife's passport yesterday and it seems they waived the interview. our Ecas still says application and medicals received thought, but I know Ecas is not the best thing to rely on; some times they don't even update.

Nrbi VOs are silent but I believe they are working behind scene and I hope every one will hear from them soon.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
good news for you Dimshin.
Are you sending a DHL express envelope with the passport so they can send it back to you the COPR and visa on the passport?

Solange

Oct 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 14, 2013
AOR Received.
August 27, 2013
File Transfer...
September 6, 2013
Passport Req..
December 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 8, 2014
Congrats Dimshin, hopefully yours is a start for more good news on the forum :)

Dimshin

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April/28/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/05/2013
AOR Received.
May/17/2013
File Transfer...
May/28/2013
Med's Done....
February/11/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov/19/2013
VISA ISSUED...
December/02/13
LANDED..........
Hi Camelboy and Solange,

They asked to be courier delivered, so we will use DHL or UPS.
We still don't know how they gonna send the passport back as the city (in Ethiopia) my wife lives doesn't have a courier company.
I'm not sure if they send the ppr from Nariobi VO to the consular in Addis so people can pick it up from there.
Any one can clarify this issue?

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Dimshin said:
Hi Camelboy and Solange,

We still don't know how they gonna send the passport back as the city (in Ethiopia) my wife lives doesn't have a courier company.
I'm not sure if they send the ppr from Nariobi VO to the consular in Addis so people can pick it up from there.
Any with such issues?
Yes Dimshin, try to ask them to send to Addis Ababa Office and your spouse can pick it up from there. There is a diplomatic bag send from Nairobi every Fridays to Addis Ababa office.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/kenya/offices-bureaux/contact-ethiopia-contactez.aspx

Solange

Oct 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 14, 2013
AOR Received.
August 27, 2013
File Transfer...
September 6, 2013
Passport Req..
December 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 8, 2014
No idea, cant you go pick it up yourself once its ready? I know when I got my PR via Experience Class, that was an option...