+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

Hetal0990

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Dear All, I had a question regarding work experience proof. I have 13 years of experience and all of that Is in the same NOC and the work experience is outside Canada. I have recently change my job around 2 weeks back. Now my new employer is saying that as they haven't worked with me for significant amount of time yet, they will not be able to give me a reference letter. What should I do? I have a PNP Nomination but that was back when I was with my previous employer. Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Dear All, I had a question regarding work experience proof. I have 13 years of experience and all of that Is in the same NOC and the work experience is outside Canada. I have recently change my job around 2 weeks back. Now my new employer is saying that as they haven't worked with me for significant amount of time yet, they will not be able to give me a reference letter. What should I do? I have a PNP Nomination but that was back when I was with my previous employer. Any guidance will be highly appreciated.
Reference letter or any other doc for your current company is not required. Include your current employment details in the personal history section.

Please note that you need to submit documents only for your employer for which you're claiming points for. Rest of your employment details, will go into personal history section.

Reactions: Godisguru

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Exclude the email ID then.
Okay. They already have my reference letter with this email id, do you recommend to take this email off of the updated reference letter? Is it a big deal ? coz I already received the updated reference letter with the Title of my manager. Now I have to request a new one without an email one. Please clarify.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Okay. They already have my reference letter with this email id, do you recommend to take this email off of the updated reference letter? Is it a big deal ? coz I already received the updated reference letter with the Title of my manager. Now I have to request a new one without an email one. Please clarify.
No issues.

Reactions: Walle_007

Hetal0990

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Reference letter or any other doc for your current company is not required. Include your current employment details in the personal history section.

Please note that you need to submit documents only for your employer for which you're claiming points for. Rest of your employment details, will go into personal history section.
Thanks Nitin for the help :)

Reactions: 13nitinsharma

Shivaprasad94

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hello All

I have a question,
I have mentioned NOC-A beside my designation in my Job reference letter, will it be a problem? should i get it corrected again? or it should be ok ?
Please let me know.

ZahidAli786

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Here all please confirm: I have multiple employment reference letters from all of the previous employers. Should I compose one PDF for all these previous employment letters and upload them as a single file for work permit visa application?

nikki1992

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello @13nitinsharma

Can you guys please shed some light here.

I have a question regarding the job reference letter. I have worked for a company for 2.5 years from Jan 2017 until Aug 2019 and they issued me a job reference letter while I was working for them in February 2019 as per IRCC guidelines for my express entry which is dated back in Feb 2019. In the letter it was mentioned that I am currently working there (as they issued while I was working there dated February 2019) but I left the company in Aug 2019. I am in the process of submitting my express entry application now. Can I still use the same letter and add an explanation letter saying I was working only until Aug 2019.

Does that work?

Or Do I need to get a whole new letter with current date?

Note: I am only claiming 2 years of work experience which is mentioned in the letter issued last year in feb 2019

Thanks

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hello @13nitinsharma

Can you guys please shed some light here.

I have a question regarding the job reference letter. I have worked for a company for 2.5 years from Jan 2017 until Aug 2019 and they issued me a job reference letter while I was working for them in February 2019 as per IRCC guidelines for my express entry which is dated back in Feb 2019. In the letter it was mentioned that I am currently working there (as they issued while I was working there dated February 2019) but I left the company in Aug 2019. I am in the process of submitting my express entry application now. Can I still use the same letter and add an explanation letter saying I was working only until Aug 2019.

Does that work?

Or Do I need to get a whole new letter with current date?

Note: I am only claiming 2 years of work experience which is mentioned in the letter issued last year in feb 2019

Thanks
You need to submit the updated reference letter from January 2017 to August 2019.

Reactions: Godisguru

Hetal0990

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hello All - What should be done if someone say is in middle of jobs? Say my last working day was on 30th June and I am supposed to join a new job on 9th July? How will this 8 day gap be handled? Mention unemployed under personal history with start date as 1st July and no end date? Technically I know I will be starting a new job on 9th, but if I mention the end date in the unemployed duration before 9th July it might be misrepresentation of information. Can someone guide?

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
My company is in the midst of letting people go as a cost-cutting measure, so I requested my supervisor to give me an offline reference which I thought I could notarize. But he is insisting on going to the HR despite the layoffs happening in my own group. He said he cannot even reject my email requesting for the reference letter without HR's consent.

I can definitely arrange references from my colleagues, current and ex, including a Senior VP, who was my boss's boss. The question I have is, how should I put that in the Letter of Explanation? Can I be specific in saying I did not take this up the pyramid because of a sense on insecurity or should I subtly put something else? Can someone please shed some light as I'm going bonkers!

YNWA

Jun 20, 2019
Need Guidance Guys.

What should a person do if its previous company refuses to write hours worked or even full time employee in the reference letter, only wrote permanent employee which i don't think will suffice, so what should be the course of action to combat this issue.