+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
1. No 'no objection' letter needed.
2. You can but if not on company letter head then notarize it. And attach supervisor details.
Guys...
when you say to get the reference letter (written by manager or colleague or white plain paper) notarized...
then what does it mean?
Does manager/colleague need to goto notary public or lawyer and then sign in front of him and he stamps?
or
Can I just take printout of letter or email and then I can goto notary person and i have to sign my signature in front of him and he stamps??

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Guys...
when you say to get the reference letter (written by manager or colleague or white plain paper) notarized...
then what does it mean?
Does manager/colleague need to goto notary public or lawyer and then sign in front of him and he stamps?
or
Can I just take printout of letter or email and then I can goto notary person and i have to sign my signature in front of him and he stamps??
'Officially' both the parties should be present before Notary.
'Unofficially' only you can go and get it done, if you know what I mean.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Congrats for PPR..I faced similar situation. My Hr refused to share detailed duties & responsibilities letter. Instead they shared standard employment letter format. My reporting manager refused to share the similar letter but I requested again he shared duties & responsibilities in email from his official id to my Id. I took printout of email notarized it and submitted to cic. I m keeping my fingers crossed and praying to God that cic to acce
when you say to get the email from manager notarized...
then what does it mean?

Did you take print out of email and manager went to notary public to sign in front of him and notary stamped?
or
Did you take print out and visited yourself to notary public and you yourself signed in front of him and he stamped??
In this case what did you write while signing (for example i declare it is genuine email or something else) or just signed?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Am no expert, but you are moving in a right track. Take a print of the email and get it notarized. I believe, your manager's signature will be already available in the said email along with contacts.
My manager has sent email from his personal email id instead of official email id and mentioned his name and phone number only... will it work?

Also when you say take print of email and get it notarized.. then what does it mean?
who will sign in front of public notary... manager or me? it is not possible to ask manager to go there as thats why he just gave email instead of signed letter...

so if you mean i need to take print out myself and visit notary and sign in front of him... then should i write something while signing or how does this work?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
My manager has sent email from his personal email id instead of official email id and mentioned his name and phone number only... will it work?

Also when you say take print of email and get it notarized.. then what does it mean?
who will sign in front of public notary... manager or me? it is not possible to ask manager to go there as thats why he just gave email instead of signed letter...

so if you mean i need to take print out myself and visit notary and sign in front of him... then should i write something while signing or how does this work?
Not sure which country you are from, but in India, notary officers do it even if both parties not present, so you can go alone as well.
I never said take it on email, is it not possible to take it on plain paper? But either ways, do add proof of his employment in your company and also why you were not able to officially take from company.

Reactions: sundar17feb99

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018

In addition to what @hope2018 said, if you still can't get it notarized just get his ID card scanned and attach with the document. Whatever you do, state the reason in LOE. I would suggest you to print the contents in notary paper, get your manager signed and then approach notary advocate for signature. In India, you will simply get it with additional money without the physical presence of signee.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018

harshala

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-14
Doc's Request.
15-12-14
Hi ppl,
need help regarding reference letter.
In my currnt organization i joined as Exe and got promoted as Sr.Exe in next two yrs.
The NOC for Exe n Sr Exe is the same..Do i need to mention roles n responsibilities separately for both the designations or can i put it together..
Duties performed were almost the same
plz advice

sarastone

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Yes, it's perfectly alright

Hi Stanlee . - Although this is not related to the topic of this thread i am posting my question here. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I recently received ITA on Aug 8th 2018 and ever since then I am trying to hit "Continue Application" but its giving me an error stating "Website is not available/System is under maintenance" . I tried using different browsers Chrome, firefox, IE but nothing seems to work. I also cleared my cache and history and used another computer ... used another location but still nothing seems to work . I just cannot proceed with my application. Whenever i try to hit "Continue Application" its giving me an error. I also sent error report with all the screen shots to CIC but no response and nothing useful. Could you please help me and let me know how should i proceed or what steps should I take.

sarastone

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
HOW TO GET/REQUEST REFERENCE LETTER FROM CURRENT EMPLOYER?

Hi Stanlee - Although this is not related to the topic of this thread i am posting my question here. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I recently received ITA on Aug 8th 2018 and ever since then I am trying to hit "Continue Application" but its giving me an error stating "Website is not available/System is under maintenance" . I tried using different browsers Chrome, firefox, IE but nothing seems to work. I also cleared my cache and history and used another computer ... used another location but still nothing seems to work . I just cannot proceed with my application. Whenever i try to hit "Continue Application" its giving me an error. I also sent error report with all the screen shots to CIC but no response and nothing useful. Could you please help me and let me know how should i proceed or what steps should I take.

sarastone

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi Stanlee - Although this is not related to the topic of this thread i am posting my question here. Your help is greatly appreciated.

amirpary

Aug 29, 2018
Hi. I am a drilling engineer and working on on/off basis (14 days and 12 hours per day on duty and 14 day off duty) at a offshore drilling rig installation. The letter should be on weekly basis. now in regard of hr per week, what should i do? thanks in advance.

Reactions: Wedding Crasher
Aug 30, 2018
Hi,
I would like to know if it’s mandatory to provide work experience of every company I’ve worked with. The reason I ask this is because it’s been around 10 years since I left the first company. The second one has closed down so I’m not sure if it’s possible to get a reference letter. I do have the offer & relieving letters from both companies though. Will that suffice? Could anyone suggest some options?

newtocanada2017

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Best option is your manager or HR department. If you can't get them, than a colleague you worked with is the next best option. Try and use company letterhead/template if possible and get a scan of your colleagues ID or business card as well.

NB: I'm absolutely no expert on this, and I'm only advising from what I have read on this forum. Please do your own further reading/research on the matter.

My college will give letter on plain paper and willing to notarize. But he does not have a business card/ID card (since our company was merged and we are working at client location on h1-b). What alternatives can be used ? Any suggestions? Thanks.