+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

SatyamP

May 12, 2018
1. You use online tools like Small PDF to merge multiple PDFs or else, you can take a colour printout of the reference letter and scan it along with rest of the documents as a single PDF.

2. That is OK. You can explain that in the LOE.
1. Right, a normal pdf could have been merged that way. Ones having digital signature, if tried to merge using tools, get merged but the signatures goes away, thus defeating the purpose of having the doc. I'll have to figure this out somehow. Just for info, I've tried creating a pdf port portfolio (read this on blogs) but again, it should work when officer tries to view it ::D. Should opt for something conventional or simpler.

2. Ok.

Thanks for responding. Cheers

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
1. More than designation, when NOC is selected, the duties and responsibilities should be a close match. So, the designation would not be a problem.
2. No, it wont be too much.
3. Mention all the designations and the period for each, but you can have one common set of duties and responsibilities.
Thanks friend.

Just few more clarifications. How many duties in the NOC should one match, from the following 07 duties, I can match 05 of them which are highlighted. I have a concern on the last duty, I have actually done that when I was at a below grade, but not now. I will be stating this in the Personal History and also explain in LOE.

1. Implement efficient working processes and co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: administering accounts payable and receivable; processing, verifying and recording financial documents and forms; administering payrolls; processing, verifying and recording insurance claims and forms; and collecting user fees and payments on overdue accounts - i can cover the bolded record

2. Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments, credits and other transactions - for this I have given duties as authorizing customer data, will that suffice as other transactions and how about authorizing payments to service providers?

3. Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments - this I can cover

4. Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports - this I can cover

5. Identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies - this I can cover

6. Requisition supplies and materials - this I can cover

7. Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work - this I can cover

8. May perform the same duties as workers supervised. - I am doing a single task in this list. Is that sufficient?

There is another problem, in the Employment Requirements, following is given. Does it mean the last point above.
  • Experience in the clerical occupation supervised is required - i will include this experience in Personal History and LOE
In the lead statement of this, it says "Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Clerks (1434)". The team that I am supervising only handles sort of 02 activities out of the 05 stated in 1434 code. Will this be a problem?

Iwantout90

Jan 27, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I work for a consulting company. I somehow obtained an electronic copy of my work experience ( through the system at my company. Albeit, it covers pertinent details like Role/Position, Responsibilities and other additional details (team size, dates, project, duration, and technical environment), it misses some necessary details like designation, date of joining, annual CTC + benefits, hours worked per week and so on.

1. Would it suffice if I demonstrated all these details using multiple documentation like payslips, electronic copy of my work experience, etc.?

2. Below
is the snapshot of my electronic copy of work experience with pertinent details as rows (https://imgur.com/xaiwCGD). I have masked confidential details but left out the template fields. This document has the company logo on the very first page, followed by all the required information. I am unable to obtain the company to stamp on this piece of paper. However, my manager has agreed to sign it and mention his designation below the sign. Will this be a valid demonstration for FSW program requirements?

Seniors, please help.

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
R
HOW TO GET/REQUEST REFERENCE LETTER FROM CURRENT EMPLOYER?

Reference Letter from employer plays a very important role as the document to prove your work experience for migration purposes. Many people have raised the issue on this forum that they are unable to get reference letter(s) from their employer for migration. I would like to highlight some points in this regard which worked for me and might as well work for you guys. After all you can give it a try, and if it works for you, good for you. If you have explored better ways of addressing this issue, please mention it here, so that others can also learn and approach it in a manner which will help them

Requesting a reference letter is an art, it all depends on your rapport with your manager/supervisor. If I were you, I would follow the steps given below, after all you are not moving to a competitor, you are only trying for a better life, which is not wrong at all.

1. Win Confidence - If you can win your manager's confidence, then you can let him know this over a causal chat. The best way to approach is in the form of asking your manager's advise on you moving to another country. Even if you do not like the current job, never ever do the mistake of complaining and citing it as the reason for migration. Instead, try to relate it with your personal aspirations, ambitions and quality of life and what you want to do with your life. If you ask for advise, it is an indirect way of flattering the manager and it will also make him feel that you consider him as a mentor, but do not overdo it :). This approach will definitely work, because we humans by our very nature love to advise others :). Listen to his views on the same, do not get demotivated in case he does not see immigration as a good way to better one's life. In fact, it is his view, and you have anyway made up your mind to migrate. After all, you used this approach only to put this situation to him. If you are successful in this approach, then you have laid the foundation

2. Request Reference - Next ask him whether he would be willing to refer you in case you plan to migrate in future, never give him an indication that it is immediate, otherwise he will feel that you have made up your mind to move and the thoughts of replacing you would be running in his mind. You can give an indication about it and also assure your manager that you will be around for at least a year, so that you safeguard your job even if Canada does not go through as expected. If you put it this way, he will be more than happy and willing to refer you. But sometimes, even if he is willing to refer you, he may not have the right to issue a letter, so that is where the next step comes into picture.

3. Leverage Authority/Position - If you are successful in doing the above, you have crossed 50% of the hurdle. The next important step is to convince HR to issue a letter in the required format. This is a very crucial step, so leverage your manager's authority/position and request your manager to speak to HR on your behalf and convince them about your requirement and also let him assure HR that the whole process would take at least a year (keeping buffer in mind :) ) and you would stick around for the said time being. Yes, this is the difficult part of assuring them, but you need to make a commitment (at least verbally) to stick around - if you need the letter badly, this is the least that you can do. This works in most of the cases, as they know that you may leave sometime in future and if they have to find a replacement, they know when to start the process. If this step does not work, then, from step 2 move to the step below.

4. Letter from Manager - If HR refuses to give you a letter, then ask your manager to issue you a letter on white paper (it should cover all the requisite points), along with a copy of his visiting card and company ID card and get the letter notarized. Submit it along with a Letter of Explanation (LOE).

LOE should cover the following points.
- State the reason why you cannot get a reference letter from employer, if you have any evidence to support you statement, please mention it and also attach it along with the letter.
- In absence of the letter, mention what proactive steps you have taken to prove your work experience.
- Mention the list of documents which you are submitting, in the absence of the reference letter.
- Request the Case Officer to consider your case in light of your situation and also in terms of the proactive steps taken by you to submit best alternative documentary evidence.

All the best! :)[

Immirant

Jun 18, 2018
Thanks a lot STANLEE for your detailed advice. Hats off to you!

I am a looking forward to apply under EE. It's been just a few days that I have begun considering this option. I have three questions to ask. It would be a big help for me if you could provide me with an answer or another link to clarify them.

1. I have been self-employed as a trainer/ content writer from last three financial years. Prior to that I was working as a full time employee. Even now from a couple of months, I am working as a full time employee. Can you please guide me as to whether 'self-employed' is accepted as experience under EE.
2. A company that I was working with for 3 years was registerd, but the employer shut it down in 2013. Can I show that as my experience under EE? I am still in contact with the employer.
3. The current employer pays in cash. How can I show salary slips and bank transaction in this case?

Please guide me.

Thanks and regards
BA

Immirant

Jun 18, 2018
Regarding the 1st Question, I have been filing IT Return, but don't have a company registered under my name.

BA

aahaanbajaj

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
23/07/2018
@Immirant Did you get answer to your question about being self employed? Is ithe experience valid for EE?

Also @Stanlee mentioned somewhere in this thread about fsw 67 score, but aren't EE profiles being ranked as per CRS? Whr does FSW comes into picture?

ankurrana

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Hi Experts,

My reference letter does not conatin working hours and when I spoke to my organisation, they are saying "full time bonfaide employee" which they have mentioned in the refrence letter should cover that. In my pay slips also working hours is not mentined.

Will this reference letter be sufficient?

aahaanbajaj

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
23/07/2018
Hi Experts,

My reference letter does not conatin working hours and when I spoke to my organisation, they are saying "full time bonfaide employee" which they have mentioned in the refrence letter should cover that. In my pay slips also working hours is not mentined.

Will this reference letter be sufficient?
You can attach an affidavit to add on missing points, along with the contact details of your HR team.

Reactions: ankurrana

enticing typhoon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Hello people ... need urgent help !! I work in a private dental clinic and there is no HR manager as such ... just the front desk receptionist who receives calls and emails ... In the reference letter at the end , can i write her name and then give the clinic contact no and email id ? Or should i write the clinic owners name ?? I dont want to put his name cz i doubt whether he would receive any call or respond to CIC email ... Hes quiet a busy person ....

Seniors .... Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help ...

aahaanbajaj

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
23/07/2018
There would be any senior doctor or managing incharge who assists your owner?

naten

Feb 20, 2018
What happens if my employer does not have a website but when you google or yelp search, you would see it?

Immirant

Jun 18, 2018
@Immirant Did you get answer to your question about being self employed? Is ithe experience valid for EE?

Also @Stanlee mentioned somewhere in this thread about fsw 67 score, but aren't EE profiles being ranked as per CRS? Whr does FSW comes into picture?
Hi!

Thanks a lot for noticing my query.

I haven't received any answers. Am trying to read through various threads on this forum!
It is clear that I can't get points for being self-employed unless I provide with sufficient documented proof!

I will like to know if it is necessary to get the letter of recommendation on a stamped paper. Can a notarised plain paper letter suffice? All this, as the private company has closed down 5 years back and the registration number isn't available. (The employer isn't willing to go out all the way to find it in old documents)

I will be eagerly waiting for an answer.

Thanks in advance.