+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Hello Guys.. Need some urgent help here..
I'm working in Punjab Govt. deptt. Does Anyone know any instructions of Punjab govt.relating to Experience/Reference letter bcz my deptt. won't give me such letter without quoting any instructions.
Please help. Thanks.

Sunny1988

Feb 13, 2018
Hello Guys, i am yet to get the reference letters done from my previous organisation. The issue is that the manager, with whom i have worked has moved to some other organisation. Is it ok to get a reference letter from him even though he is not a part of our common organisation now? I tried approaching HR and other colleagues in that previous organisation of mine but they are not willing to provide me this letter. Please help me out as it is a bit urgent.

Also, please suggest ways and means of tackling the issue in case i am unable to get the reference letter from my organisation!!!

calky360

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Also, please suggest ways and means of tackling the issue in case i am unable to get the reference letter from my organisation!!!
Have you read through these 44 pages? Especially first page. I'm sure it helps with your question.

Sunny1988

Feb 13, 2018
Have you read through these 44 pages? Especially first page. I'm sure it helps with your question.
Buddy, i did went through the pages and there are people who faced situation similar to that of mine. However, i couldnt find a proper response to it. I would really appreciate if you can help me in this.

Awaiting your revert.

calky360

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
I can't help sorry. From what I can see, this thread isn't active. Occasional questions being asked, but no questions being answered.

calky360

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
No problem. Thanks a lot for atleast replying....:)
No worries. I've been watching this thread for a few weeks, and don't think I've seen any questions get answered. All I can suggest is to read through other posts on the the issue and any documentation on CIC website you can find.

At end of the day best advice is probably to just get as much documenation/proof as possible and explain everything in a cover letter.

Nene Zim 17

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hi, just a quick question about the employment letter. For the part which says "Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time)", I am on a fixed term contract which is renewed every three years is it permissible to write "Fixed-Term Contract" as maybe i don't fall under "Permanent" or "Full-Time". Or is it Full time?? Confusedo_O

fmk8890

Dec 10, 2017
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2018
AOR Received.
04-05-2018
File Transfer...
08-08-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
24-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-11-2018
Hi, just a quick question about the employment letter. For the part which says "Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time)", I am on a fixed term contract which is renewed every three years is it permissible to write "Fixed-Term Contract" as maybe i don't fall under "Permanent" or "Full-Time". Or is it Full time?? Confusedo_O
Yes full time.

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Hello friends...

Someone has suggested me to take reference letter from colleague i.e. someone working at same designation as mine in my department bcz my superiors has refused to give such letter.

Can anybody confirm that such letter is acceptable if taken from my colleague?

Will such letter supported by appointment letter, deptt. ID card etc. be sufficient?

Please advise. I'll be really thankful.

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Hello group members.. I have one question regarding reference letter... Since I'm not able to get reference letter I ask as follows:-

I have :-
1. Appointment letter
2. Department's photo ID card detailing my joining date, designation etc.
3. Salary slips
4. Form 16
5. Manual published by deptt. detailing duties and responsibilities of my designation.
6. Other training certificates issued by deptt. from time to time.

Now if I provide all these things, do I still need reference letter, bcz nobody in my deptt. is agreeing to provide reference letter.
Pls advise. Thanks.

calky360

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Now if I provide all these things, do I still need reference letter, bcz nobody in my deptt. is agreeing to provide reference letter.
Pls advise. Thanks.
Write the reference letter yourself and fill out all the details, then all you need to do is get a signature from someone. Maybe your co-workers are just being lazy? So if you do it all for them, I can't see why they would have a problem simply singing it or sending the e-signature for you to put on even.

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Write the reference letter yourself and fill out all the details, then all you need to do is get a signature from someone. Maybe your co-workers are just being lazy? So if you do it all for them, I can't see why they would have a problem simply singing it or sending the e-signature for you to put on even.
Thanks for replying .. Can I get it signed from my colleague (i.e. someone working at same designation in my department)... Pls advise.. Thanks..

calky360

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Thanks for replying .. Can I get it signed from my colleague (i.e. someone working at same designation in my department)... Pls advise.. Thanks..
Best option is your manager or HR department. If you can't get them, than a colleague you worked with is the next best option. Try and use company letterhead/template if possible and get a scan of your colleagues ID or business card as well.

NB: I'm absolutely no expert on this, and I'm only advising from what I have read on this forum. Please do your own further reading/research on the matter.