+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

Gogetter2017

Oct 9, 2017
I have a similar question - basically, do we need to show all of our experience in the EE application for FSWP? My case is following:

a) Job A - 4.5 years of work experience in the US
b) Job B and C - 2 years each in different countries and getting letters would be tough from them..

I am planning to show just my current job under NOC 0 and then add the JOB B and C in personal history (post ITA). Is that ok? Biggest issues are:

1) Would this be misrepresentation? Do we need to show all work exp. at the time of EE application?
2) Since my NOC is 0125 - Other business services managers; can CIC question on where I got the initial experience to get a managerial job?

Thanks, would be great if someone who has gone through this process and received an ITA and PR successfully to answer this.

Ravi Tathgur

Sep 4, 2017
Hi

I am about to explain my case below regarding my claim of work ex.

1) I have worked in 3 companies for which I have got total of 8 years experience.
2) out of these 3 jobs I am only claiming the 2nd job.
Tenure for my second job is from March 2010 to Feb 2015.
I am not putting my current job in work ex
I will enter the jobs I am not claiming in personal history including the current job which I am not claiming

Question.Hope that's fine?

3) Now the second job which I am claiming is for approx 5 years with Wipro Infotech.
Proofs I have got for my second job is:
  • Appointment letter… Wipro has mistakenly done a minor mistake in my address In appointment letter. My actual address is 1990-A/ 8 , kalkaji, new delhi 110019 where as they have mentioned 1990-A 18 , kalkaji, new delhi 110019.
Question1)… Will this create any problems.
Questions 2,) this letter is on letter head but with no stamp and sign so is stamp and sign required. Should I ask for the signed one but then it will be a photo copy of the appointment letter in black and white not like colored letter head and they will sign it and stamp. Which one is better.
  • Confirmation letter; online pdf in letter head with no sign and stamp
  • Increment letters: Online PDF.
  • Payslips 2 years: Online PDF with no sign and stamp
  • Form 16 for 3 years digitally signed PDF
  • 3 years Income tax return downloaded from Income tax website.
  • Relieving letter.
  • Experience letter… now in this letter they haven't mentioned about number of hours worked in a week, full time or part time. The letter only stated the stint with company, designation at the time of leaving the company, the roles and responsibilities performed during the stay with the company (not at a particular designation , hope that's fine), the letter is on the letterhead of the company. Question 3) As it is not mentioned like full time , part time , number of hours so will it create any problem.?
Question 4) the appointment letter mentions the designation as Junior Consultant at the time of joining where as after 6 months only there was a re-org which happened due to which I was made Associate consultant as it was not a promotion hence no letter was provided for the same.
Now all.my 3 years form 16 shows my designation as associate consultant which is same in my experience letter so it can be ascertained that I have worked as associate Consultant for 3 years and performed the roles and responsibilities during the stay with company so I believe it is fine?
Question 5 …is there anything else which I need to show for work experience.
Do I have

Questiin 6 ) should I also show my salary credited in salary account for past years

Linked Query

Case: my current job is in Chandigarh and since my family(wife and kid) stays in my permanent home which is in Delhi. I travel every weekend and stays in a PG there in Chandigarh.

Question 7) as I am not adding my current job in Work ex section but showing it in personal history what address should I enter in my current address will I add Chandigarh address as my current address or Delhi address (permanent address which is also on pasaport).
Please Guide.

Is there any problems with the documents and anything I need to do further .

Seeking some experienced advice.

Expert advice is highly appreciable please guide

Thanks
Ravi

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Hi All,

I am currently in the Express Entry pool with 449 points and candidate under CEC. Hoping for an invitation in the next draw.

1) I am in the process of getting the reference letters from my previous employers. Following are the break down of my foreign work experience.

I worked in company A for one year and moved to company B for 2 years. Then I went abroad for my higher studies and joined again in Company B and worked for 6 months. In this case, do I need to provide two separate work experience letters for the two terms I worked with company B? or just one letter confirming my two terms of employment would suffice?

2) The job designation and responsibilities come in company A come under NOC 2173. But being my first job, the salary I received was just a fraction of what others in the same designation would get in my country. Would this be a concern?

3) For all the work experience I am claiming. Do I have to submit payslips, offer letter, relieving letter along with my employer reference letter? or just the employer reference letter with my roles and responsibilities would be enough?.

4) Last but not least, it would be great if someone can share the format of employer reference letter submitted with their successful PR application.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi All,

I am currently in the Express Entry pool with 449 points and candidate under CEC. Hoping for an invitation in the next draw.

1) I am in the process of getting the reference letters from my previous employers. Following are the break down of my foreign work experience.

I worked in company A for one year and moved to company B for 2 years. Then I went abroad for my higher studies and joined again in Company B and worked for 6 months. In this case, do I need to provide two separate work experience letters for the two terms I worked with company B? or just one letter confirming my two terms of employment would suffice?

2) The job designation and responsibilities come in company A come under NOC 2173. But being my first job, the salary I received was just a fraction of what others in the same designation would get in my country. Would this be a concern?

3) For all the work experience I am claiming. Do I have to submit payslips, offer letter, relieving letter along with my employer reference letter? or just the employer reference letter with my roles and responsibilities would be enough?.

4) Last but not least, it would be great if someone can share the format of employer reference letter submitted with their successful PR application.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.
1) One letter will suffice, as long as the two terms of employment are clearly outlined in the letter

2) Shouldn't be a concern; salary isn't what matters - it's the job duties and responsibilities that matter. If IRCC has doubts that you performed the duties at the level you claimed (because of your salary), they'll call you or your employer to ask you a few questions to confirm, which should be fine if those were truly your job duties, and therefore truly your NOC Code

3) If the reference letters you get have everything IRCC asks for, there is no need for supplemental documents. But you can add them if it makes you feel more secure in your campaign. Generally though, you don't want to bombard IRCC with unnecessary information that it will take them longer to comb through in processing your application.

4) There's no standard template. The important thing is that the letter has everything IRCC asks for. As long as all of that is there, it doesn't matter what template the letter follows :)

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hi All,

I need opinion w.r.t work experience letter from one of the previous employer. I was working as a consultant and deputed for an eGov project. The project was awarded to a leading consulting firm who in turn had engaged a third party manpower provider for providing resources.

My terms of association with this third party facilitator was on retainer ship engagement model. I was an independent vendor providing consulting services and used to raise an invoice every month against which the agreed amount was credited into my a/c. Also the ITRs I filed for those 2 yrs was of a self-employed professional (ITR 4). Presently that company is no longer operational. I have following documents available as of now-
  • Original agreements (incremental) and an revision of service charges (addendum)
  • Bank a/c statements
  • Form 16 & subsequent ITRs
  • Resignation Acceptance & Termination of Contract confirmation (on emails)
The incumbent division head (my reporting supervisor) is presently working with some other organization as a CTO and has agreed to provide me with an undertaking in format I deem suitable. Additionally I have also contacted the client (IAS officer overseeing the eGov project) and he has also agreed to provide me a reference letter specifying the job duties performed.

Kindly guide how I should approach this and which docs will be acceptable substantiating authenticity of work performed.

Regards,
Dear forum members,

Kindly help me with the format of the reference letter which I can obtain (ex CTO & Bureaucrat) for the above work engagement.

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017

Hi All,

I have a query regarding the appropriate NOC. I was able to determine that my recent job duties (last 5 yrs) have a close match with the ones specified under 1122- Professional occupations in business management consulting. However I was also able to make out that there is another NOC- 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants which further has job duties categorized under 4 heads. Below are my concerns-

1. NOC 1122 is a regulated occupation in Ontario and other provinces. Do I need to have a license before ITA or would that affect the processing post e-APR?

2. Sub categories mentioned under NOC 2171 are Information systems business analysts and consultants, Systems security analysts, Information systems quality assurance analysts & Systems auditors. Does that mean my job profile should cover all the duties under these heads or synchronization with only one sub category i.e. Information systems business analysts and consultants would suffice?

Kindly share your expert views. I have been stuck up due to this.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi I am going thru a dilemma and I am hoping someone can help me with their experiences or advise on it.

I have been working with an organisation (primary noc) for the past two years. I cannot approach my manager or any other colleague within my department cause that puts me in a tight spot. Finally got an old friend who works for the same company to agree to give the letter. After two months of non stop chasing, conversations, drafting letters and answering 1000s of questions, he tells me today that he won't provide me the letter cause someone told him it's not legal. I'm worried sick to my stomach cause my deadline is close and I don't trust anyone else to ask for the letter.

Any ideas on what are the work around in absence of this work reference letter. Anyone want to pls give me some hope with success stories of their own? Help pls....

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Query1 - I am in Singapore on an employment visa for the past 3 years. I was on secondment employment contracts with partner companies. My employer in Singapore did not have a permanent establishment. I have been internally transferred to our partner/subsidiary companies twice. Recently, my company established in Singapore and currently in the process of being transferred there. Though my employment has been continuous with the same organisation but on paper i have 3 separate appointment letters. How or should I reflect this in my express entry profile. I am sure some of the IT folks working in client organisations will be able to relate to this situation.

Query2 - Is the reference letter from the employer required from all my previous employers are only from those that correspond with the NOC applied for?

Query3 - In one of my previous employment, my designation was irrelevant to the job I preformed due to a peculiar organisation structure in the company. Will this affect my application

Query4 - Does the reference letter necessarily come from the HR of the Company or reporting manager will suffice?

Appreciate guidance from the group on the above.

Taycuphach

Dec 9, 2017
Hi,

I am the CEO of media company and as a media company, my company from time to time also have to conduct advertising campaign to promote product and service of other company so can I consider as I have working experience as advertising manager/professional (NOC 0124 or NOC1123) ?

If yes, do I have to show monthly salary or pay slip proofing my employment (I do have company register under my name)

I was graduated with Banking and Finance degree.

Thanks,

Last edited:

keano16

Dec 10, 2017

Hi All,

I have a query regarding the appropriate NOC. I was able to determine that my recent job duties (last 5 yrs) have a close match with the ones specified under 1122- Professional occupations in business management consulting. However I was also able to make out that there is another NOC- 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants which further has job duties categorized under 4 heads. Below are my concerns-

1. NOC 1122 is a regulated occupation in Ontario and other provinces. Do I need to have a license before ITA or would that affect the processing post e-APR?

2. Sub categories mentioned under NOC 2171 are Information systems business analysts and consultants, Systems security analysts, Information systems quality assurance analysts & Systems auditors. Does that mean my job profile should cover all the duties under these heads or synchronization with only one sub category i.e. Information systems business analysts and consultants would suffice?

Kindly share your expert views. I have been stuck up due to this.
2. Information systems business analysts and consultants should suffice

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Hi Folks,

I have moved 3 companies. Two of them with my NOC for EE and the remaining in a different NOC. Is the reference letter required for all the jobs?

amitjadhav24

Dec 13, 2017
Hi,
I have been employed with 5 employers in India and I have Relieving Letter with basic details from previous 4 employers as is the common format given here in India.

Now, my current employer is same as my second employer as I have rejoined the same organization again right now.

So, my queries are:
1. Are Relieving Letters sufficient proof regarding previous 4 employments?
2. I have just rejoined 4 months back to same company, so manager would not be too happy to know that I am planning to leave. How to I show the current experience? I can take reference letter from senior colleague who was known to me from my previous project with same employer but can't take it from current manager. Would it be fine? Also we don't have business cards issued here and even employee ID has just name and no company name printed for security reasons. Should it be fine if senior colleague of ex-project gives reference letter for current project work with his ID?
3. Does my wife needs to do the same thing as she would be contributing to my points as well?

n3nimbus

Dec 26, 2017
Hi,

I am planning to quit my job and travel for 1-2 months and then start my process with the ITA.

So basically when I apply, I will be jobless. Will that affect my application & PR to Canada?

Will it be considered as a negative by the officer in charge that I have quit my.

Also will a reliving letter showcasing the tenure of my employment and salary slip suffice for showing the proof of work? Because there'll be no ways to get a reference letter from my current boss/employer.

Any help, guidance and insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

riju16

Star Member
Nov 12, 2017
For those who are looking for a reference letter format, I have drafted one and used this for me as well. This is in line with the requirement that has been mentioned in the OINP Application Guide (http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html). Please feel free to tewek it to meed your requirement.

Reference Letter Format

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee>
Hi thanks a lot for this. I have been searching for this for a long time. Just a few queries to ask. The above format has no mention of the HR. So if my supervisor can write all that and sign it, would that suffice? I was hoping to have two certificates one by HR who will state my salary along with my designations and working hours etc and another one by my supervisor with my job roles and responsibilities. Would that be ok as well. Also I will be applying for express entry . I think the format should remain same right. Thanks