+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

Pari10

Jan 13, 2017
Hi
I have some questions.
I have 3 years and 1 month experience in my current job. The thing is that I have work experience in other NOCs too. Now, should I mention all of them in my work history? Doesn't make them confused about my main NOC?

Thank you so much

udaisv1

Dec 23, 2016
Hi,

Got my ITA on Dec 22nd and it is under CEC.

I have couple of questions on reference letter. I already got a reference letter for one my jobs in India (that comes under an eligible NOC).

1. In that reference letter, the heading says 'To whomsoever it may concern' (says whomsoever rather than whom - as was mentioned in the first page of this thread). I know I am being crazy here, but should I be worried about the word 'whomsoever'? Should I request for a new letter with whom?

2. In one of the other posts I read that I will also be required to upload the business card of the person that signed my letter. But I highly doubt that I will get the business card. But the reference letter has email id and phone number to contact the company. Is that sufficient? If at all it is required, will it be ok not to upload the business card?

Someone please clarify. Thank you very much in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
udaisv1 said:
Hi,

I have couple of questions on reference letter. I already got a reference letter for one my jobs in India (that comes under an eligible NOC).

1. In that reference letter, the heading says 'To whomsoever it may concern' (says whomsoever rather than whom - as was mentioned in the first page of this thread). I know I am being crazy here, but should I be worried about the word 'whomsoever'? Should I request for a new letter with whom?

2. In one of the other posts I read that I will also be required to upload the business card of the person that signed my letter. But I highly doubt that I will get the business card. But the reference letter has email id and phone number to contact the company. Is that sufficient? If at all it is required, will it be ok not to upload the business card?

1- It could say dear batman and they still wouldn't care - you're fine.

2- That's sufficient.

Reactions: abhcan

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
udaisv1 said:
:D

Thank you very much for the quick reply. :)

DelPiero07, +1 for you!
Don't give him any more it'll go to his head.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
udaisv1 said:
Hi,

For 2, you could also attached person's id card if you don't get his business card.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Pari10 said:
Hi
I have some questions.
I have 3 years and 1 month experience in my current job. The thing is that I have work experience in other NOCs too. Now, should I mention all of them in my work history? Doesn't make them confused about my main NOC?

Thank you so much
As far as your primary NOC is concerned you can mention that in your profile under Work History (from your statement, I am assuming that in the current job you worked in the same NOC for the entire 3 years). Now regarding other NOCs that you have worked in, you can mention them under Work History as well, many people have done that and got PR as well. But please note, you get maximum CRS points for 3 years of experience and if you are eligible to apply under FSW then you will also be assessed on the FSW grid where you need to get at least 67 points. On the FSW grid you get maximum points for 6 years of experience.

ajnj2730

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have a question regarding reference letter. Since my HR has refused to provide reference letter with Jobs and Duties. I have taken the reference letter from my manager on plain paper with his business card/ employee card copy ,his contact number and email id.
Now the question is which type of notarization should I go for : normal notarized stamp or Attested by stamp or Before me stamp .

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
While writing reference letters, it is mentioned that they need to match with lead statements of NOC responsibilities. What is actually the lead statement in the responsibilities? Are they the first three or four words (in bold) in the following?

Main duties

Computer programmers perform some or all of the following duties:
Write, modify, integrate and test software code
Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required

I tried to draft the letter using those for my NOC 2174. Do they look 'too' similar to what is in NOC website?

Write, modify, and integrate SAS, SQL and Hadoop software codes for a given requirement.
Maintain existing SAS and SQL software applications by making necessary changes as per business or system requirements.
Migrate SAS software applications from UNIX and mainframe systems to distributed LINUX system and change the code as required by the underlying target system.
Identify and fix technical coding issues in the production environment and notify the appropriate stakeholders.
Prepare application development status reports, software user guide for business users, and application operational documents for software support personnel. Also work with the business analysts and system analysts in the collection and documentation of business/user requirements

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hello Experts,

I was deputed to Canada for 2+ years and now preparing the reference letter, please take a look and suggest if any changes required:

Date:

To Whomsoever It May Concern

This is to certify that xxx (EmpId: xx) is an associate of <<CompanyName>> from xx to till date. He was deputed to Canada from xx – yy on a role of xx (NOC- xx) and was working as a full time employee (40 hours per week) during his deputation.

His total gross salary in Canada was xx CAD per annum.

Mr. xxx’s key roles and responsibilities included:

I am not sure whether they would include salary details but I think paystubs and T4/NOA would work, right ?

In worst case if they dont give any reference letter, whether LMO approval copy (contains my job title, NOC, salary) and T4/NOA would suffice?

Manylivesmanymasters

Jan 25, 2017
Chennnai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-17
rajkamalmohanram said:
Good post, Stanlee.

I would like to mention my experience here. I tried my best to get a letter on the letterhead (for my OINP application). I contacted my manager first and requested him to provide a letter (I showed him the format). My manager refused to give me the letter (because he said he is not authorized to provide such a letter). I then e-mailed the HR and asked them to provide such a letter on the letterhead! I pursued them for 3 full weeks but to no avail.

I got the letter from the HR in the standard format of the company (It mentions only my name, date of joining, designation and employee ID). Then, I got the letter from a senior colleague in the required format in a plain paper. I suggest all applicants to get this letter notarized. To sum up, I submitted the following documents to OINP -

1) Letter of explanation for reference letter
2) Copy of the Standard format of the company’s letter
3) Reference letter(with all necessary details) by a senior colleague
4) Copy of the senior colleague's company ID card
5) Copy of Email – 1 from the HR
6) Copy of Email – 2 from HR
7) Copy of the company’s HR policy
8 ) Copy of pay scale letter for 2015
9) Copy of pay scale letter for 2014
10) Copy of the pay slips for the past 6 months
11) Copy of appointment letter [joining letter]
12) Copy of initial job offer letter

Luckily, my application was accepted by OINP and I got my AOR. As you can see, I cannot provide any more documentation to prove my work - I had submitted ALL the documents that I had.

So, if your letter is not on the letterhead, you can just go ahead and submit a letter from your supervisor/colleague & get it notarized. Please note that the name, phone number, official E-mail ID and the designation of the person giving the reference MUST be mentioned on the letter. If you provide comprehensive documentation, it is likely that OINP/CIC will be satisfied and proceed with your application.

Check this post too ---> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/employer-hr-refuses-official-job-letter-with-addnl-detailed-job-duties-t316445.0.html
Thanks a lot for the detailed post.

Tanvi87

Jan 24, 2017
Hello All,

(Jan 25 ITA, CRS 465) I have few questions, please help me:

1. I worked in XX Co. from 2012 to 2014 and then again joined back from 2015 to 2016, and I have shown this as 2 jobs, so will 1 reference letter suffice or do I need 2 reference letters. In case you say 2 letters, can it be from same manager as HR says no to reference letter.

2. For my current employer, it has been 2 months+ and by the time I submit it would be 3 months+. Do I need any reference letter from current employer also? What reason could I mention here?

3. My Husband also falls under the same NOC and in EE profile he also showed his work experience and IELTS score and WES evals. I understand that he has to submit IELTS and WES post ITA. Is he required to submit reference letters from his previous and current companies also?

4. The documents I would be submitting are Offer Letter, Relieving Letter, Pay Slips, so is a Reference Letter really required or just these 3 docs suffice?

Please do share your expert advise, as I am very confused on how to go about it!

Thanks a lot and thanks for all the answers you have been giving on various threads, as you all are doing a wonderful job! :)

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Tanvi87 said:
Hello All,

(Jan 25 ITA, CRS 465) I have few questions, please help me:

1. I worked in XX Co. from 2012 to 2014 and then again joined back from 2015 to 2016, and I have shown this as 2 jobs, so will 1 reference letter suffice or do I need 2 reference letters. In case you say 2 letters, can it be from same manager as HR says no to reference letter.

2. For my current employer, it has been 2 months+ and by the time I submit it would be 3 months+. Do I need any reference letter from current employer also? What reason could I mention here?

3. My Husband also falls under the same NOC and in EE profile he also showed his work experience and IELTS score and WES evals. I understand that he has to submit IELTS and WES post ITA. Is he required to submit reference letters from his previous and current companies also?

4. The documents I would be submitting are Offer Letter, Relieving Letter, Pay Slips, so is a Reference Letter really required or just these 3 docs suffice?

Please do share your expert advise, as I am very confused on how to go about it!

Thanks a lot and thanks for all the answers you have been giving on various threads, as you all are doing a wonderful job! :)
1) I think you'd need two letters. Different manager letters would be better because I am not sure if some company would assign same manager upon rehiring after one year. It is little hard to believe that! If you really had him as manager, then you may go ahead with this.

2) If you had mentioned this job in your EE profile, you must produce a reference letter for it. You can skip it and explain in letter of explanation if your invited crs points remain same and fsw eligibility points are above 67 even after removing it.

3) if your husband's experience isn't Canadian experience, you'd not get any points for it. You could just mention this in personal history and explain in letter of explanation.

4) No. Reference letter is a must because you have claimed your work experience to be a part of some noc under A, B, or C. Without reference letter, there is no proof for the claim that you worked in a particular noc.

Tanvi87

Jan 24, 2017
DEEPCUR said:
1) I think you'd need two letters. Different manager letters would be better because I am not sure if some company would assign same manager upon rehiring after one year. It is little hard to believe that! If you really had him as manager, then you may go ahead with this.

2) If you had mentioned this job in your EE profile, you must produce a reference letter for it. You can skip it and explain in letter of explanation if your invited crs points remain same and fsw eligibility points are above 67 even after removing it.

3) if your husband's experience isn't Canadian experience, you'd not get any points for it. You could just mention this in personal history and explain in letter of explanation.

4) No. Reference letter is a must because you have claimed your work experience to be a part of some noc under A, B, or C. Without reference letter, there is no proof for the claim that you worked in a particular noc.
Thanks DEEPCUR.. for point 3.. my husband's work ex was shown in express entry profile.. so should i now remove from the ITA form and say NO in work history?? Will this not get suspicious??

Or should he keep it in work history and just furnish normal documents like pay slips and offer letter and let go the reference letter..?

Thanks..

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Tanvi87 said:
Thanks DEEPCUR.. for point 3.. my husband's work ex was shown in express entry profile.. so should i now remove from the ITA form and say NO in work history?? Will this not get suspicious??

Or should he keep it in work history and just furnish normal documents like pay slips and offer letter and let go the reference letter..?

Thanks..
It will remain albeit under personal history instead of work history, but with out any documental reference required, so there is no question of any suspicion.