+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

Abhi0505

Feb 3, 2019
Thanks friend.

Just few more clarifications. How many duties in the NOC should one match, from the following 07 duties, I can match 05 of them which are highlighted. I have a concern on the last duty, I have actually done that when I was at a below grade, but not now. I will be stating this in the Personal History and also explain in LOE.

1. Implement efficient working processes and co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: administering accounts payable and receivable; processing, verifying and recording financial documents and forms; administering payrolls; processing, verifying and recording insurance claims and forms; and collecting user fees and payments on overdue accounts - i can cover the bolded record

2. Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments, credits and other transactions - for this I have given duties as authorizing customer data, will that suffice as other transactions and how about authorizing payments to service providers?

3. Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments - this I can cover

4. Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports - this I can cover

5. Identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies - this I can cover

6. Requisition supplies and materials - this I can cover

7. Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work - this I can cover

8. May perform the same duties as workers supervised. - I am doing a single task in this list. Is that sufficient?

There is another problem, in the Employment Requirements, following is given. Does it mean the last point above.
  • Experience in the clerical occupation supervised is required - i will include this experience in Personal History and LOE
In the lead statement of this, it says "Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Clerks (1434)". The team that I am supervising only handles sort of 02 activities out of the 05 stated in 1434 code. Will this be a problem?
Hey, congrats on your PPR, were you able to get your duties on the letterhead?

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Hi,

Please read below to kindly assist me with my situation.

I have 2 years & 9 months of experience with a company as an Administrative Assistant .

Then I joined a pharmaceutical company as Management Trainee Officer (Engineering). After 6 months I was promoted to Officer (Electrical & Utilities). If I request my HR Manager he may write this as Officer (Engineering) instead. 8 months later, I have just resigned.
I would like to keep this job as my primary NOC. In fact I won't even mention the previous one.

Can any experts & seniors help me figure out my NOC. And what should be mentioned on my experience letter? A template for resigned employees would be nice.

Please help. This experience part of the Canadian Immigration is its toughest aspect.

Thanks.

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Hi,

Please read below to kindly assist me with my situation.

I have 2 years & 9 months of experience with a company as an Administrative Assistant .

Then I joined a pharmaceutical company as Management Trainee Officer (Engineering). After 6 months I was promoted to Officer (Electrical & Utilities). If I request my HR Manager he may write this as Officer (Engineering) instead. 8 months later, I have just resigned.
I would like to keep this job as my primary NOC. In fact I won't even mention the previous one.

Can any experts & seniors help me figure out my NOC. And what should be mentioned on my experience letter? A template for resigned employees would be nice.

Please help. This experience part of the Canadian Immigration is its toughest aspect.

Thanks.
One more thing, if NOC is based on major job duties and description then I can also request my HR Manager to write the same for both of my positions. That is for both Management Trainee Officer and for Officer Engineering.

Abhi0505

Feb 3, 2019
Thanks friend.

Just few more clarifications. How many duties in the NOC should one match, from the following 07 duties, I can match 05 of them which are highlighted. I have a concern on the last duty, I have actually done that when I was at a below grade, but not now. I will be stating this in the Personal History and also explain in LOE.

1. Implement efficient working processes and co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: administering accounts payable and receivable; processing, verifying and recording financial documents and forms; administering payrolls; processing, verifying and recording insurance claims and forms; and collecting user fees and payments on overdue accounts - i can cover the bolded record

2. Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments, credits and other transactions - for this I have given duties as authorizing customer data, will that suffice as other transactions and how about authorizing payments to service providers?

3. Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments - this I can cover

4. Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports - this I can cover

5. Identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies - this I can cover

6. Requisition supplies and materials - this I can cover

7. Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work - this I can cover

8. May perform the same duties as workers supervised. - I am doing a single task in this list. Is that sufficient?

There is another problem, in the Employment Requirements, following is given. Does it mean the last point above.
  • Experience in the clerical occupation supervised is required - i will include this experience in Personal History and LOE
In the lead statement of this, it says "Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Clerks (1434)". The team that I am supervising only handles sort of 02 activities out of the 05 stated in 1434 code. Will this be a problem?
Hello, Congrats on your PPR, i'm also applying with 1212 NOC, how many roles and responsibilities did you mention?

khaira1221

May 27, 2018
Good post, Stanlee.

I would like to mention my experience here. I tried my best to get a letter on the letterhead (for my OINP application). I contacted my manager first and requested him to provide a letter (I showed him the format). My manager refused to give me the letter (because he said he is not authorized to provide such a letter). I then e-mailed the HR and asked them to provide such a letter on the letterhead! I pursued them for 3 full weeks but to no avail.

I got the letter from the HR in the standard format of the company (It mentions only my name, date of joining, designation and employee ID). Then, I got the letter from a senior colleague in the required format in a plain paper. I suggest all applicants to get this letter notarized. To sum up, I submitted the following documents to OINP -

1) Letter of explanation for reference letter
2) Copy of the Standard format of the company’s letter
3) Reference letter(with all necessary details) by a senior colleague
4) Copy of the senior colleague's company ID card
5) Copy of Email – 1 from the HR
6) Copy of Email – 2 from HR
7) Copy of the company’s HR policy
8 ) Copy of pay scale letter for 2015
9) Copy of pay scale letter for 2014
10) Copy of the pay slips for the past 6 months
11) Copy of appointment letter [joining letter]
12) Copy of initial job offer letter

Luckily, my application was accepted by OINP and I got my AOR. As you can see, I cannot provide any more documentation to prove my work - I had submitted ALL the documents that I had.

So, if your letter is not on the letterhead, you can just go ahead and submit a letter from your supervisor/colleague & get it notarized. Please note that the name, phone number, official E-mail ID and the designation of the person giving the reference MUST be mentioned on the letter. If you provide comprehensive documentation, it is likely that OINP/CIC will be satisfied and proceed with your application.

Check this post too ---> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/employer-hr-refuses-official-job-letter-with-addnl-detailed-job-duties-t316445.0.html
So in your case the colleague who gave u reference letter , did IRCC contacted him about verification of your experience?

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Hi, I need some advice on reference letters, I have mine but it has my name as Mohan R Singh, Where as my EE profile and all my documents have my full name that is, Mohan Rakesh Singh, do you guys think this would be a problem, I am Applying to OINP soon and so need some clarity on this. Also My bosses name is Rakesh Singh, do you think this could cause some problem. I have my pay slips and bank statements ready just need clarity on this.

Reactions: T365

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi, I need some advice on reference letters, I have mine but it has my name as Mohan R Singh, Where as my EE profile and all my documents have my full name that is, Mohan Rakesh Singh, do you guys think this would be a problem, I am Applying to OINP soon and so need some clarity on this. Also My bosses name is Rakesh Singh, do you think this could cause some problem. I have my pay slips and bank statements ready just need clarity on this.
Naa no problem

Reactions: MQ12

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
One of my previous organization refused to mention annual salary on the Reference letter.
I am planning to attach all the bank statements of that period since I don't have all the payslips.
Would the bank statement be enough to make up for the missing Annual salary part in reference letter?

Thanks in advance!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
One of my previous organization refused to mention annual salary on the Reference letter.
I am planning to attach all the bank statements of that period since I don't have all the payslips.
Would the bank statement be enough to make up for the missing Annual salary part in reference letter?

Thanks in advance!
Yeah should be fine

Reactions: ripul

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

This truly is a very helpful thread. I'm assisting my only sister in applying to the FSW program and we're facing the same challenge most of you have faced and hopefully conquered before.

My sister is a Registered Nurse and has worked for almost 3 years in a certain hospital (2015-2018) which cannot provide her employment documents in the format that CIC requires.

We are going to furnish a reference letter and hopefully have it signed by a previous colleague/supervisor along with a Letter of Explanation, and a host of other supporting documents.

In relation to this I have a couple of inquiries in her behalf:

1. Does the colleague attesting have to be senior to my sister? Or can they be at the same level?

2. If none of her past colleagues/supervisors are currently employed with the said institution, is it still acceptable to request attestation from them?

Most if not all of her co-workers and supervisor have left the said hospital. She does not know any of the current members of her past team.

Any feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,

This truly is a very helpful thread. I'm assisting my only sister in applying to the FSW program and we're facing the same challenge most of you have faced and hopefully conquered before.

My sister is a Registered Nurse and has worked for almost 3 years in a certain hospital (2015-2018) which cannot provide her employment documents in the format that CIC requires.

We are going to furnish a reference letter and hopefully have it signed by a previous colleague/supervisor along with a Letter of Explanation, and a host of other supporting documents.

In relation to this I have a couple of inquiries in her behalf:

1. Does the colleague attesting have to be senior to my sister? Or can they be at the same level?

2. If none of her past colleagues/supervisors are currently employed with the said institution, is it still acceptable to request attestation from them?

Most if not all of her co-workers and supervisor have left the said hospital. She does not know any of the current members of her past team.

Any feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
It is best to have senior signed the reference letter and colleague can be anyone, even if he has left the hospital.
One of my close friend signed for his colleague and they were both in different organizations.

Reactions: T365