+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Stanlee said:
Reference letter from supervisor should not have the salary mentioned in it. Salary and pay details are generally confidential and supervisor should not be vouching for the same. You can submit a letter from supervisor without salary details, for pay details, if you have bank statements, you can submit those. If anything else is missing provide any supporting document(s) for the same and explain everything in an LOE.
Thank you.

Ajku

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-11-2016
Med's Done....
25-11-2016
Hi all,
I have read all the posts and I have following query:
I have two work experiences
One of 4 years experience (I have reference letter for this employment)
Second current employment with approx 1+year of experience (my manager is reluctant on providing letter)
Now my query is cic gives 50 points for fsw who has 3+ year of experience and good level of English
I got ITA and my ee profile showed both experiences.
Should I remove the recent experience ? Or anyone has some suggestion on my situation? I think with previous experience, it is easy! Or should I write something g in loe about my situation and not claiming any points for it?
Will be there any problem if I remove it from my work history? And leave it as it is in personal history?
Confused! Confused! Please provide solution

Thanks in Anticipation.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ajku said:
Hi all,
Second current employment with approx 1+year of experience (my manager is reluctant on providing letter)
Now my query is cic gives 50 points for fsw who has 3+ year of experience and good level of English
Should I remove the recent experience ? Or anyone has some suggestion on my situation? I think with previous experience, it is easy! Or should I write something g in loe about my situation and not claiming any points for it?
Will be there any problem if I remove it from my work history? And leave it as it is in personal history?

Thanks in Anticipation.
If you claimed points for that second work experience and you remove it you will get in trouble. It's misrepresentation and your application will be rejected.

If you didn't claim any points remove it and add it in the personal history section. Write a LOE regarding the fact that your manager would not give you a ref. letter and that you did not claim any points for that experience.

Cheers ;)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Ajku said:
Hi all,

Thanks in Anticipation.
If you already have 3+ years of experience in one job and removal of the second job will not affect your eligibility score on FSW grid (67 out of 100), then you can move it to Personal History and explain the same in LOE.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
If you claimed points for that second work experience and you remove it you will get in trouble. It's misrepresentation and your application will be rejected.

If you didn't claim any points remove it and add it in the personal history section. Write a LOE regarding the fact that your manager would not give you a ref. letter and that you did not claim any points for that experience.

Cheers ;)
In his case, No, it will not be misrepresentation.

Ajku

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-11-2016
Med's Done....
25-11-2016
Much thanks Delpiero and stanlee
My concern is that even if I had showed both experiences I would be awarded 50 points only!
If I remove current employment , I still be awarded 50 points how is it misinterpretation?
Is it better than a refusal with no reference letter or claiming no points and removing the entire work history!
Still confused! I got two opinions here!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ajku said:
Much thanks Delpiero and stanlee
My concern is that even if I had showed both experiences I would be awarded 50 points only!
If I remove current employment , I still be awarded 50 points how is it misinterpretation?
Is it better than a refusal with no reference letter or claiming no points and removing the entire work history!
Still confused! I got two opinions here!
It's not misrepresentation, I misread and assumed that your work experience of that one year could be canadian work experience.

If you have 3 years of foreign work experience you're fine. Remove it and add it to personal history section.

Cheers ;)

Ajku

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-11-2016
Med's Done....
25-11-2016
Wow!
Much thanks and I am so relieved! Should I write about it in loe?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Will the express entry application ask for city of employment (along with country) or just the country while filling it? If yes, should we mention about every city within India where we worked while filling it out?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
DEEPCUR said:
Will the express entry application ask for city of employment (along with country) or just the country while filling it? If yes, should we mention about every city within India where we worked while filling it out?
If I recall it correctly, yes, it does ask for the city. If you were based out of that city, then yes, you need to mention it.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Stanlee said:
If I recall it correctly, yes, it does ask for the city. If you were based out of that city, then yes, you need to mention it.
Thank you so much.

Are you aware of any screenshot based document or video that shows filling procedure of actual express entry application itself by which one could be well prepared for all the right answers well before filling the application out. I would also like to know if the application can be just left in save only mode without submission (something like what WES has), to be filled up later? I know that the details can be edited later, but just want to avoid the risk of putting something uncertain and getting an ITA.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
DEEPCUR said:
Thank you so much.

Are you aware of any screenshot based document or video that shows filling procedure of actual express entry application itself by which one could be well prepared for all the right answers well before filling the application out. I would also like to know if the application can be just left in save only mode without submission (something like what WES has), to be filled up later? I know that the details can be edited later, but just want to avoid the risk of putting something uncertain and getting an ITA.
I am not aware of any video, you can look up for the same on YouTube.

Meanwhile, you can edit or update your Express Entry profile any number of times till you get ITA. Check this link to know more http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1005&top=29

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Stanlee said:
I am not aware of any video, you can look up for the same on YouTube.

Meanwhile, you can edit or update your Express Entry profile any number of times till you get ITA. Check this link to know more http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1005&top=29
Thank you. Can the profile remain without being submitted? Possible to create a CIC account, save some details and submit it later?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
DEEPCUR said:
Thank you. Can the profile remain without being submitted? Possible to create a CIC account, save some details and submit it later?
If I remember it correctly, yes.